• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's the best?

I'm trying to learn before I spend.
Assuming the condition and mileage is equal on all cars, what is the most desirable, best NSX to own? If you could pick any year / model NSX to put in your garage, which one would it be?
Thanks

you should familiarize yourself with the basic na1,na2 designation then whether you like flip up headlights or fixed..coupe or t roof ect........browse the wiki....once you know what spec nsx then comes your budget......

That is the most unanswerable question. Everyone will have a different answer. If we all gave our opinions, you would receive a list of each NSX ever produced...

Ilike the flip lights, and targa, and the gear ratio of the 5 speed... so that's why I got a 96T (last year for 5 speed). The only thing I feel that I missed out on is the extra 20hp and bigger engine of the 97-01. (Iwouldn't buy an 02+ because of the fixed-lights)

I think the values are still based on how 'new' they are not so much on how 'desirable' they are for the NSX. If I could piece my favorite 'model' together it would be a pop up headlight coupe with body colored roof, mid run 17/18" wheels and the 3.2 with the 5 speed.

As far as values, the 1991's could be the way to go in 10 years.

I'd ask you "How much time/money you got?" Older models need part replacement/updates. Newer models need more initial cash investment. I bought the first one I could find that was within my price range and have replaced worn/updated parts over time. It's a red/ivory '91 with black top. Love that color combo. It's a fun/easy car to maintain and the service manual is very easy to use. Love my pop-up headlights and manual steering rack. I swapped the ALB for ABS through SOS and added 16"/17" OEM wheels. Now she's exactly how I want her. I'd drive a 3.0L/5-speed and a 3.2L/6-speed (if sellers willing) to compare. Good luck and keep us updated on your search.

All last of the last are worth the most. Nsx, 08 magnum srt8, Lamborghini diablo and Ferrari 288 to name a few. A 2005 white nsx is worth more than a Zanardi IMHO.

A 1999 since that was the last year Kaiser Silver was made.

If not color specific, then a 2001 Coupe (special ordered).

If I was a fan of bugeyes then a 2005 simply because its less old.

Last edited:
All last of the last are worth the most. Nsx, 08 magnum srt8, Lamborghini diablo and Ferrari 288 to name a few. A 2005 white nsx is worth more than a Zanardi IMHO.
It totally depends on what happend during the model runs. Early Trans Am's are worth way more than the last of the last. Typically technology, styling, power, etc grow and progress to a point where later versions can be worth more - but only if there is something significantly different or evolutionary and even that is largely due to them JUST being newer. Plenty of models have value in pockets all through the runs (Mustang, Vette, Camaro). The unique thing about the NSX is that to the average guy, they were largely unchanged for the entire production. Some argue the early cars are more raw, lighter and in some ways better than the revisions...more at the core of the orginal concept.

The collectors are speculating now on low-mile, stock 91's (Zanardi's aside) even though the whole line has gotten a ton of press lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il3Z5adYs_Q

Last edited:
I love the coupe. 01 is the last year to special order one so I feel it's a very special car, but only to those who love coupes. So all the Targa lovers can suck my balls.:wink:...............:tongue:.............:biggrin:

It totally depends on what happend during the model runs. Early Trans Am's are worth way more than the last of the last. Typically technology, styling, power, etc grow and progress to a point where later versions can be worth more - but only if there is something significantly different or evolutionary and even that is largely due to them JUST being newer. Plenty of models have value in pockets all through the runs (Mustang, Vette, Camaro). The unique thing about the NSX is that to the average guy, they were largely unchanged for the entire production. Some argue the early cars are more raw, lighter and in some ways better than the revisions...more at the core of the orginal concept.

The collectors are speculating now on low-mile, stock 91's (Zanardi's aside) even though the whole line has gotten a ton of press lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il3Z5adYs_Q

The 2005 models in white will most the most valued. The late models cars have all of what the early models did and better.

Any coupe with a 3.2 liter(NA2) drivetrain;).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it:):)

Regards,
LarryB

Back