• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats' your next dream car?

obtainable: 458
unobtainable: Pagani Zonda

The Zonda is really what I want, but the 458 will do in a pinch. :smile:

Imo the most atainable supercar (dream car) that you can still shift with a proper clutch and 6 speed is the CGT....silver please...

I'm thinking my next picks would be one of these:
997TT, R8, or GTR.

Although having a paid off NSX that can hold 300,000+ miles without major cost is pretty awesome. I may just drive this thing for another 10-20 years...

odd:confused: I have seen two road going F1's both had plates and both had all 3 seats...

They have either imported under "Show and Display" or ignored the Federal requirements by putting them back in. All the info you want on imported McLaren F1's is at post #19 here. Great read: http://www.carpassion.com/de-tomaso/27070-pantera-si-gt5-s-usa-2.html

Excerpt:
"Ameritech brought the cars in before show and display. They imported them as "kits" into a free trade zone port and slapped their own VIN numbers on them along with the McLaren VIN numbers. They also removed the two side seats and made them into "single seater kit cars" but of course the people who bought these cars immediately put the seats back to the original configuration. (other way to import is...) The Show and Display is an exemption category that allows cars to be exempt from DOT FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) requirements. They are not exempt from EPA emissions requirements, however. So the cars don't need to have any changes made, except perhaps to the engine management and exhaust systems Any McLaren owner who applies for a Show and Display exemption does not need to change the seat configuration in any way. The Le Mans cars (there's five of these and they are called McLaren F1 GT) had only seat as well. The nearside seat area (right side when you are sitting in the driver's seat) houses the ECU, fire extinguishing system, and a large panel with various other switches and control and monitoring systems. I forget what's on the left. "

Realistic: White R8 v10 or yellow 430 Scuderia

UnRealistic: 458 Italia, Carerra GT or Veyron

(*Granted we are now starting a family and plan to have 3-4 kids, even my realistic is kinda not realistic til I retire, so I will just stick to my present garage of toys for a while.... :wink:)

Ford GT;
Audi R8; or
Lambo G.

The Lambo is probably my top choice (for right now).

Need to save a few more pennies for retirement and my children's education before I pull the trigger on one......

The 2011 IS-F, the only car that is getting me excited at this moment; very obtainable. :tongue: I like the affordable dreams.

Cool I own someone's dream car on here :)

The 2011 IS-F has the LED headlights which I'm not really feeling but their facelifted interior dash/gauges is stunning.

Mine is a 2008 model

rick

Obtainable ............ this one:

07-audi-r8-spyder-live.jpg

Unobtainable .......... white LFA

I have had a plan for my next car with every car I've purchased - not greedy just forward planning :wink:

With the Type R it was the S2000, with the S2000 it was the NSX and now it is and R8 (V8 engine)! It's all worked out in the past so things seem on track! Don't need crazy power of the V10 and will put an exhaust and do a reflash to give it a bit more shove!

No other car does it for me - Porsches for me are way too common here and not special at all. GTR is way to expensive to maintain and doesn't cut it in the the looks department. It helps the Audi are a client of ours so I get excellent rates on servicing and parts :tongue:

Probably not before 2011 though and only if I can keep the NSX as well because I just cannot part with her. The R8 is the closest spiritual successor to the NSX - I've had a drive in a winding mountain road and the Audi does not disappoint. Finally it has that everyday liveability which is important to me.

Long post - because I am very excited for the day where she will be mine!

A white Ferrari 430 Scuderia. Looks and sounds amazing.

I don't care for the Gallardo's and the Murcielago, well - I think that's going to be a bit out of my reach. Otherwise, it would be a coin toss between a white Murcielago or white Scuderia.

Saw one last week when I dropped off my 360 at the service center. IMO I think the 360 looks way better than the 430. The 430 looks dated to me,

Dream cars

Bentley CGTC I am dreaming of it for next spring!
458 Spider

Saw one last week when I dropped off my 360 at the service center. IMO I think the 360 looks way better than the 430. The 430 looks dated to me,

I don't understand how the 430 could look dated next to a 360 when they look so similar:confused: Only way I tell them apart is the side intakes are more flared on the 430, of course I am not very intimate with either one...not that I wouldn't love to have a 430 spider...or 458 for that matter.

Dream car: LP-550, ok, i'll settle for a LP570 or LP560... in fact, it's very tempting to join those "supercar experience" type of renting. So I get to have a chance to be in one.

the shape, the details of the head/tail light, most importantly, the very powerful V10 engine note: unlike american/german V8 laziness nor Ferrari's running out of breath-screaming...

But then If I think my nsx is too fast for driving in the streets, why bother:rolleyes:

Way way "dream" car: 288 GTO or the 458 Challenge. More realistic: Ford GT or building my own Cobra replica.

288 GTO (IMHO, the best looking car ever to come out of the Scuderia)
1984-ferrari_288_gto-500x375.jpg

458 Challenge (mine in red w/o anything but the Shields)
458Challenge.jpg

Makes the two latter mentioned cars mundane by comparision.

Last edited:
Dream: Lotus Exos type 125

lotus-exos-type-125-2_1200.jpg

More realistic: Lotus Exige 260 or an Evora S, or perhaps an Esprit if they announce one tomorrow in Paris.

Last edited:
Back