• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel Trouble

I recently purcahsed a 94 NSX with a wheel combo modification.

Everything I read on the NSX Wheel & tire info pages suggests this combo should work.

However, if I turn past 1/2 way (Full wheel lock)left or right the front tire rubs against the inner wheel well plastic guard.

Depending on if you turn left or right either the tire right side is rubbing against the rear plastic guard and the left is rubbing against the front plastic guard or vice versa.

The wheel combo is 8 inch HRE wheel in the front and 10 inch HRE wheel in the rear.

Tire on the front is 225/40/17
Tire on the rear is 275/35/18

The springs are Eibach which I think are 1.5 inch lower than stock.

I was thinking of going to Comtech springs or stock springs?

I have waited 6 years for this car and all I want to do is DRIVE IT!! Please help:)

Brian

Originally posted by Brian:

Everything I read on the NSX Wheel & tire info pages suggests this combo should work.

Brian

When you say this combo should work are you relying just on the size of the wheel and tire combination or have you included the offset? There is no guarantee that, just because they fit, they are the correct offset wheels for an NSX.
What wheel/tire combo are we talking about?

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

I need to have someone check the offset measurement and compare it to the spec?

Yeh, that or tell us the wheel and tire sizes and maybe someone will already have that info.

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

Also keep in mind that tires that are wider than stock and/or larger outer diameter than stock may very well rub. This is the downside of getting any wheels and tires other than the OEM ones.

However, if I turn past 1/2 way (Full wheel lock)left or right the front tire rubs against the inner wheel well plastic guard.

Depending on if you turn left or right either the tire right side is rubbing against the rear plastic guard and the left is rubbing against the front plastic guard or vice versa.

The wheel combo is 8 inch HRE wheel in the front and 10 inch HRE wheel in the rear.

HRE wheels are normally 3 piece and can be made in ANY offset - you might call them.

Tire on the front is 225/40/17
Tire on the rear is 275/35/18

your front tire is bigger (diameter) than OEM

The springs are Eibach which I think are 1.5 inch lower than stock.

Your springs are ~1.25 inches shorter than OEM.

I was thinking of going to Comtech springs or stock springs?

ComPtech springs are also lower than OEM.

I have waited 6 years for this car and all I want to do is DRIVE IT!! Please help:)
Brian

What you have is a nice idea on paper that did not quite work out. 215/40/17s are smaller in diameter and might be all you need to make it "just" fit.

Or a call to HRE might fix your problem. Or both.

I run 17X7.5in +40 off set wheels in the front with a 7mm spacer (net +33mm offset) and a thicker Brembo brake hat (net +29mm offset, and an HKS HiperDamper coilover suspension that is adjusted so low that it takes 2 of us to lift the car by hand to get a lowboy racer jack under it and my tires don't rub.
Front or rear.
biggrin.gif

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Back