• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheels Boutique [Ben] WTF

Well, overall I have heard alot of good about this Wheels Boutique place. Let me tell you about my situation. I ordered a set of wheels and tires from Ben at WB. He said to me, if I pay for the wheels on Friday he will get them shipped out on the same day. Monday rolled around and I called to get the tracking #. He then explained to me that the wheels didn't get shipped out on Friday, but will be shipped out Monday. He then told me he would e-mail me a tracking # asap. Well Tueday rolls around and no tracking #. So I figure he must be busy and I will check the status on Wednesday. I call him this morning and ask him if my wheels have been shipped, and he asures me they have, and gives me a tracking #. I go on-line to the UPS web site and enter the # Ben gave me. To my surprise, this # belongs to a package sent to Little Rock Arkansas, that would be ok but, I live in Wisconsin. I then call Ben and tell him about the situation. He calmly tells me he must off gave me the wrong #. Something doesn't sound right, but I give him the benefit of the doubt. He tells me he will call me with the right #. I patiently wait for Ben to call. So when I get the next tracking #, I directly go to the UPS site and enter the #, again to my surprise [not really] the tracking number doesn't even exist. So now I am a liitle pissed off. I call Ben six times before he answers the phone. I explain to him that the tracking # he gave me doesn't exist and I am very concerned. He tries to give me the run around and acuses me of calling him a lier, well kinda yeh. He then tries to come up with some B.S. story about the whole ordeal. Needless to say, I was treated very unprofessional and would not do business with WB again. I also still dont know where my $6k wheels and tires are.Why do people do business this way is beyond my understanding. All I know is, if the tracking # doesn't exist, the wheels have not been shipped yet. Am I right or wrong?

Depending on *when* he said he shipped them, you may be right. AFAIK, there is a lag time from when you get a tracking number as a shipper as to when it gets recorded and makes it into the database. I think that the maximum time for this may be up to 12-24 hours. If he said he shipped it 2 days ago and gave you an invalid tracking number, there is something seriously wrong. However, there is never an excuse for poor service. Especially when you just dropped 6k. Good luck.

I bought some used HRE wheels from those guys, and had a similar run around, and how they wouldnt answer their phones. I mean, how can a legitimate business not answer their phones during business hours ! ?

Anyways, when the wheels showed up, they were wrapped well, but the custom painted centers had lots of rock chips all over them and the tires that were guaranteed to have good amount of tread left were fairly well worn !! I ended up returning them and thank heavens I paid with my credit card for them so that I wouldnt be out any credit for the whole fiasco.

I ended up refinishing my factory wheels instead of trying to go through the used wheel fiasco again.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22957&highlight=wheels+boutique

here's my humble experience with WB. I have seen a lot of satisfied Prime member since then, so I could isolate my case (and yours) be one of those mishap that happens

To this date, I still don't think they have the right attitude of correcting mistake. I have dealt with a lot more other online companies, and so far the WB experience is at the bottom of my list.

Being from WI, you should have supported a local NSX wheels supplier.............................................................................................................................................................................................................Me! :biggrin:

RP-Motorsports said:
Being from WI, you should have supported a local NSX wheels supplier.............................................................................................................................................................................................................Me! :biggrin:

Hi

I have tried..sent you both mail and pm. Not in a hurry, but would like a reply.

TIA

Regards

My experience with Ben at WB was not a positive one either. I ordered something and when it arrived it was the incorrect size. He told me how he placed the order and an error must have happened at the distributor. So I called the distributor myself. The distributor told me they (WB and distributor) do not do business over the phone and that orders are faxed back and forth to confirm the order AND sign off on the sale. This means that Ben ordered the sizes the distributor had in stock and hoped I would take a 9.5" in rim instead of 10". When I went to pick them up I was completely disappointed. I did not want to wait 3 months for my rims. This is not Ben's fault. However, I ordered one size (that was in stock I was told) and was led to believe that the error was not on his part. Even the receipt I was given had 9.5" rim and not 10". I never ever mentioned I wanted an 18X9.5 in rim! That told me the wrong size was ordered from the start.

Another thing that pissed me off was ZERO calls from him. He never, ever, ever, ever called me once through the entire 2 week transaction. We would hang up because he needed to check on something for me and call me right back. I would never get a call back. When I did call him, he would say, "I was just going to call you". Give me a break!!! I had to call and call and call to ask if the rims had arrived, if the tires came in, when can I pick them up, etc. I would call and he would tell me he is waiting on the tires, or the tires showed up and they were the wrong size. The rears were on backorder. The cow jumped over the moon. Story after story after story. But him not calling me back just send me over the edge. I felt like he didn't give a shit cause I wasn't buying a $6500 set of HRE rims.

I know shit happens, but I did not feel he was honest with me from the get go. He gave me back my money no questions asked. I would not recommend him to anyone. That is just how I feel on the matter.

If I told you the story that happened to a friend of mine, you would be completely disappointed with WB and their complete lack of customer service. It got ugly!

I too ordered a set of HRE wheels for my Supra from Ben. When they arrived, there was a small dent in the lip. Ben was not willing to help fix the situation. I had to go directly through HRE to resolve the issue.......

RP-Motorsports said:

I've tried to support you also! 2 months of unanswered e-mails was very frustrating so I had to take my business elsewhere. :frown:

Wow...I did approached Ben before I ordered my wheel. Fortunately, I went with Tom from RP Motorsports. Hmm...maybe Tom will be the premiere wheels and tires on Prime now! It all comes down to customer service if business wants to win our money.

RP-Motorsports said:

You have not answered my PM for wheels either, or did you respond to the question in the post for the Bobolinski wheels?? Are they for sale??

AutoVation said:
I've tried to support you also! 2 months of unanswered e-mails was very frustrating so I had to take my business elsewhere. :frown:

I sent several emails concering wheels a while back. It took a week or two before I got a reply. By then I had already chosen to go with a local dealer.
Not trying to jump on the band wagon here just stating my experience.
I think the whole point is to strike while the iron is hot.
If someone PM or emails then I would take that as someone looking to spend some $$$. If you don't take the opportunity when it knocks, someone else surely will.
As the saying goes....Snooze you lose. :frown:

92NSX said:
I sent several emails concering wheels a while back. It took a week or two before I got a reply. By then I had already chosen to go with a local dealer.
Not trying to jump on the band wagon here just stating my experience.
I think the whole point is to strike while the iron is hot.
If someone PM or emails then I would take that as someone looking to spend some $$$. If you don't take the opportunity when it knocks, someone else surely will.
As the saying goes....Snooze you lose. :frown:

RP does not do this for a living.

The upside of that is that he can keep prices low. :smile:

The downside is that there is no incentive to reply to customers or get more business. :frown:

I have always figured to purchase from RP myself, until a friend told me to stay away.

He says he does not get emails returned from RP and feels he is getting the run around.

Others have told me RP is great, but my friend placed an order, and it did not go well.

...and I need tires soon...

What to do????

Distance Runner said:
I have always figured to purchase from RP myself, until a friend told me to stay away.

He says he does not get emails returned from RP and feels he is getting the run around.

Others have told me RP is great, but my friend placed an order, and it did not go well.

...and I need tires soon...

What to do????

looks like a can of worms has just been opened :redface:

AutoVation said:
RP does not do this for a living.

The upside of that is that he can keep prices low. :smile:

The downside is that there is no incentive to reply to customers or get more business. :frown:

I understand he doesn't do it for a living, although it sounded like he did. Anyway, if he doesn't then why does he constantly chime in everytime someone mentions needing wheels/tires or they had a problem with a vendor. I can recall several times when he said that if that person had given him a chance he wuoldn't be complaining of things gone bad. He would be partially right, things wouldn't have gone bad because he wouldn't get a response. :rolleyes:

I'm in the middle of a long, drawn out, mess with Tom at RP-Motorsports. The wheel manufacturer screwed up by shipping to Tom instead of me, and then FedEx screwed up by losing one of the front wheel/tire combos. None of that is Tom's fault, but Tom's lack of communication has been the most frustrating part for me. E-mails are not responded to, questions are not answered, and I feel like I'm left out in the dark. And I have been using e-mail the whole time.

Mind you, the first part of the payment was sent on June 30th, and the rest of the payment was sent on July 7th. The 2 rears and 1 front were received on August 6th, and I'm still waiting for the replacement for the lost wheel/tire. I never received the lugs and hub rings, so I'm hoping they come with the replacement. I received an e-mail on Aug 29th saying it was shipped, but did not get the wheel. Another e-mail on Sept 15 saying it has shipped, again, but I'm still waiting.

Tom, any information would go a long way.

SNDSOUL said:
So are the Bobolinski wheels a go or not?

I think not. No response on the other thread after multiple requests.
bit-wallbash.gif

Not a reflection on anybody.

Regardless of how and why the business is run, there are certain general expecations - quality of products, timely shipments, customer services.

If the products are not as promised, lost, damaged without the sellers taking responsibility in a timely manner, the buyers would incur a huge lost both in money and time. So the low price excuse means nothing in this case.

Back