• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Been a LONG time since I’ve posted. Followed the Gen 2 forum for years. Thanks to everyone for the continuing education.

I have previously owned 3 NSXs. Recently attended an Acura driving event and decided to buy a 2019. Visited Napleton’s in Palm Beach and was I reminded of the many complaints I’ve read. My experience with them was similar when I took my ‘97 in for a belt & waterpump. Promised myself I would never return.

I can take delivery from another dealer but both of them are more than 50 miles away. That’s simply too far for service or warranty. For this reason, I’m not buying the new NSX. Or a used one.

I have an Acura dealer 8 miles from my house. But they have not yet worked on an NSX. So I took my NSX to another dealer that was highly recommended for NSX work for the annual maintenance. They are about 50 miles away. They gave me a brand new RDX loaner. Driving an hour once a year isn't a big deal for me. My NSX hasn't had any issues, so no need to visit dealer other than annual service.

Sorry, I was in Atlanta for a conference so a little slow this month

March 2019 US sales

LC 141
NSX 26
GTR 49
R8 52
AMG GT 427 (yowza)
Couldn't locate Ford GT numbers
Update, looks like Ford is moving to quarterly presentations
80 GTs for Q1 so about 26 per month

Last edited:
Worldwide production is over 2000 now.

2080.jpg

On cars.com I saw 2083 with a vin ending in 100

I then saw another car with a vin ending in 128, so there has to be at least 2111 built

The update:

The PMC built TLX is perceived as getting a bit more use from the factory and trying to associate the TLX with the big sibling NSX

Honda perceives cars sales will decline, so don't over invest and get burned. Money that is spent will go to electrification. Honda is behind on this as it is careful not to move into new stuff until/unless they believe it will work out. No stomach for other performance cars at this point. Customers will have to make due with an upgraded TLX that will come out (turbo).

2020 NSX will have changes similar in scope to 2019 changes.

C8 Vette does not appear to be on their radar.

About half the recalls have been done. Lease holders don't seem to care so not bringing them in.

Trunk smell has been addressed in 2019s by baking/degassing the tub prior to installation.

Scale model program dropped due to quality of models and relationship issue with vendor. Honda rejected a batch toward the end of the program. People who didn't get their model got a pen (I can see some grumping there).

They know about the PPF turning yellow. Possible fix is to have detailer dry a polishing wax type of product to knock off the oxidized layer of the film. I will try this the next time the car goes to Chicago Auto Pros.

Cunningham will do a lap record thing in a production 2019 at the Acura sponsored race this week end.

There have been more test drives associated with nice rich people events like the recent gold tourney at Beth Page. John Watt is hitting a bunch of these to shmooz.

Look for the NSX to be in a high profile video (my guess being a fast and furious).

I really hope infotainment update is on the list.

C8 not on the radar? *facepalm* then again, they think the Audi S3 is being cross shopped with the ILX. SMH.

bummer to hear about the models. those were kinda cool.

I asked if the infotainment would be updated.

I don't believe that is happening, but he had received very little in terms of details.

I guess the models were the made in China equivalent of Tesla, mirrors falling off, some had Honda badges, etc., etc. The mfg got pissed off about getting models back to fix and things went downhill.

B&B,

Thanks again for the information as usual. Sadly, the points you discuss are saddening. No major update for 2020 and the fact that the C8 Corvette is not on their radar. I have to ask....is Honda/Acura serious about this car? I would say they aren't. The C8, from what I've seen in spy shots, looks pretty decent. The absence of the hybrid junk and a V8 makes the prospect of a C8 quite tantalizing. So sad. I should have guessed that a manufacturer that let the stupid beak persist for years and spread in their product line really has lost its way.

Thanks as always B&B.

As an EV owner/driver for years and decently active in the community it's sad how far behind Honda is in this space. One could say that big manufacturers like Toyota and Honda do not need to offset their ICE avg MPG with EVs but seeing how even Kia/Hyundai, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, and even JAGUAR.. Yes JAGUAR...are absolutely smoking them in this race... It's pathetic to be honest. What are these Honda guys doing? I've given up my loudmouth online voice but sometimes.... it's just disappointing. But hey...... It's going to be a major movie. yaaaaaay...

It's been obvious for years that Honda is being run by a bunch of sales people. I can't imagine buying even a TSX or TLX or whatever the new one is called.

Apologies for the rant.

Last edited:
The mid-engine Corvette will be announced 7/18. If predictions are to be believed it’s going to start at 62k and have a removable roof. A 62k mid engine V8 with an open roof is going to most likely finish off the NSX. Unless you really hate GM, are into the whole hybrid thing, can’t afford or want a true exotic or like paying 150 k for an Acura, I can’t see people justifying buying this car.

MC

Z06nsxcts,

I wasn't aware of the expected price at launch (which will no doubt have massive dealer markups). I did see a CNN article showing them driving a prototype in NYC with 7/18/19 blazon on the side of the car. I agree that the C8 will unfortunately spell doom for the NSX. Even at 2X the price, the presence of a V8, non-hybrid drivetrain it will pull in a lot of people over to the GM side (except those you mentioned). Those that relish of the idea of having a very rare NSX will have their wish. Again, I wish those folks luck when time comes to service them (that recently disclosed whole engine out matter for adjusting the valves in the NSX is absurd).

Z06nsxcts,

I wasn't aware of the expected price at launch (which will no doubt have massive dealer markups). I did see a CNN article showing them driving a prototype in NYC with 7/18/19 blazon on the side of the car. I agree that the C8 will unfortunately spell doom for the NSX. Even at 2X the price, the presence of a V8, non-hybrid drivetrain it will pull in a lot of people over to the GM side (except those you mentioned). Those that relish of the idea of having a very rare NSX will have their wish. Again, I wish those folks luck when time comes to service them (that recently disclosed whole engine out matter for adjusting the valves in the NSX is absurd).

The whole engine needs to come out to adjust the valves ? Just curious how often would they need adjusting, also do you by any chance have a link discussing this, I’d like to read it,TIA.

Last edited:
The whole engine needs to come out to adjust the valves ? Just curious how often would they need adjusting, also do you by any chance have a link discussing this, I’d like to read it,TIA.

It is #9 in Tom239's post. He beat me to it. About every 75K miles.

Last edited:
So is all of #4 included in #9 ? if not thats a over 43 HR services (over a week!!!!) at 120,000 kms? WTF - this is like Ferarri 355 lunacy territory? so at the anticipated rate of 200 hr at the "ACURA" dealer we're taking 9K just for the labour (yeah don't forget the 13% tax) - Honda what the hell happened???

not 100% happy about this news at the moment...

KK34

So is all of #4 included in #9 ? if not thats a over 43 HR services (over a week!!!!) at 120,000 kms? WTF - this is like Ferarri 355 lunacy territory? so at the anticipated rate of 200 hr at the "ACURA" dealer we're taking 9K just for the labour (yeah don't forget the 13% tax) - Honda what the hell happened???

not 100% happy about this news at the moment...

KK34

I’ve been saying recently that this car is not meant for long term ownership and useage. I had my 1994 NSX for 15yrs. I did the tb/wp service twice. Ther than routine oil changes and brake services, both of which were DIY, the NA1 is a much better platform for putting mileage on than the NC1. I also don’t think there’s going to be good dealer support in 15yrs from now for the NC1 unlike the NA1/2. However time will tell.

Back