• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words!

I honestly had a tough time with colors. My first reaction when I saw the car was "I'll take that in Valencia red, please!" but since then I spent a lot of time alternating between white, black, and Nouvelle blue. I think the white exterior with red brake calipers and red interior looks pretty great although I'm generally not someone who likes white cars that much. The only NC1 that I've ever seen in person was black. I liked the stealth aspect of it but it just didn't sing to me and I realized that I never found myself daydreaming about the car in that color. I liked the Nouvelle blue enough that I made an offer on a used one, but ultimately the seller and I weren't able to come to terms. In the end I decided to just go with my initial instinct with the Valencia red. The first time I'll ever see the color in person is when mine arrives. It's slightly nerve racking. :)

Regarding Steve's question, I actually didn't have my custom build spec'd with those wheels. I like the Y Spoke and Interwoven wheels about equally, although I strongly prefer the dark/painted finish on both. I wouldn't have picked the machined finish. That just happens to be how the car was equipped. I figured that it's not too tough to simply get them powder coated or painted if I can't locate anyone who's interested in swapping wheels.

Three years ago, I took a Saturday drive to see what the $6,000 up charge on the Valencia Red Pearl and Nouvelle Blue was all about. I never made it to Nouvelle Blue and have yet to see one in person. You'll be pleased...

I have some updated information on the topic of incentives. I've been shopping for an NSX recently and have been in touch with a number of well connected dealers.

In short, there is no $20k AFS incentive on the 2021's. If you want the $20K AFS incentive than your only option is to order an inventory 2020 car. The incentive still applies on those cars. I know for sure this is the case...because I just ordered one! Excited to be joining the NSX owner community! :)

Anyway back to the topic of incentives - for the past several weeks it was radio silence from Acura Financial Services. Nobody would say whether they were going to offer the incentive again. It wasn't until yesterday that I heard definitively that there is no incentive on the 2021's.

IMO it's a coin flip on whether they'll bring it back again in the future.
Correct. Official word is AFS hasn't made a decision, but with no changes other than color, I would expect the incentive to continue into 2021. We went though the same thing with the 2020.

Acura wants to sell NSXs. With respect to incentives, it depends on whether they can sell a sufficient number of cars per month to warrant keeping all their systems in place. If they are not able to build to order without some sort of incentive then I suspect that they would again offer some sort of discount. It could be options are offered rather than incentives, it really depends on the number of cars being built. Manufactures do not like to continuously offer discounts because after a while the buying public expects them regardless of the selling price. You really do not want to discount your product but try and keep it as a premium. Thus far that has been more difficult for Acura. Never the less, I suspect that they will attempt to market the car at MSRP. With the addition of other manufacturers offering hybrids or plugin hybrids, I believe people will begin to appreciate that the NSX is already a great car at a reasonable price point. My sense is that the used car market for the NSX is continuing to tighten up. Low mile cars seem to be holding on to their price point with the overall average increasing slightly. Time will tell.

Misery?? Really?? For me misery would be owning a C8 Corvette after they have just built over 20,000 of them in a short year. By the end of 2021 there will likely be 50,000 of them on the road. And is it really any different from the sales volumes of the Gen 1 car a few years after the surge of sales in the beginning? I'd rather be one of the few than one of the many.

I bought the car because I thought it was different, unique, amazing, and forward looking. I was able to afford one (@ $43k off sticker) so I took the chance. Certainly the price has limited sales, and with covid and political unrest it hasn't helped either. I'm just fine with the low volumes......

I will also say that, in pre covid times, when I used to go to the local Adams Polishes cars & coffee event (800 cars) I always got waved into the high end corral with the McLaren P1's, Ferraris, Lambos, etc. There were never any Corvettes in there....
I'm not anti Corvette, just saying.......

Misery is about lack of volume, just unfortunate considering how much went into the car and how much fun it is.

Exclusive yes, in over 4 years of ownership, I have only seen one other Gen 2 on the road when I had mine out.

And I also get top treatment at the local cars and coffee

I receive lots of positive comments and surprised looks on the car, and enjoy it every time I take it out (including at 7 AM today when taking to the servicing dealership to get the winter wheels and tires installed).

I wonder if some people are waiting to see if the rumor mills are true with potential changes being announced later in 2021 for MY22?

I'm leaning this way too... folks might be waiting for the MY22 MMC. The underlying NC1 platform is really, really good. I think we'll see some cosmetic exterior changes, and maybe an update to the infotainment system. I'm skeptical about the Type-R and major power upgrades.

I'm waiting....

I think ~10 cars a month is probably where the demand truly lies. There was a bump earlier this fall because of COVID delays earlier in the year, so there was a backlog. But now that dealers aren't generally ordering cars to sit on their lots, I expect the ten or so per month numbers to continue. I don't personally know anyone who held off on ordering, thinking MY21 was going to bring big changes. If anything, people made sure to get their orders in on MY20 cars while the $20k incentive was still guaranteed.

At 10/month they should offer more customization of color combos/ interior details/................BESPOKENESS.....

I do not see what Honda has to gain by upgrading the car at this point? Let's say that they do a type "R" with +150 HP (however they get there), add a few aggressive design changes, add a wing or a Targa, then what? It will increase the cost of the car. This will not translate to sales to any significant degree. The #1 reason the sales are low is that people do not want to pay the current price for a Japanese supercar. Increasing the price to cover development costs, regardless of how good the car may be just will not increase sales significantly. It will perhaps end up on all of the major car mags, and maybe even end up as the "car of the year", but sales in the 100's per month are unlikely to happen. The only possible reason for Honda to upgrade the car would be to satisfy ego or perhaps "save face" (not to be racist). But I really think that Honda thinks that the car is great as is, so why develop it???

Even with perhaps 700HP and wild performance numbers, will it increase sales? I doubt it. It seems that, today, if you don't have 700+ HP you're a chump. The proliferation of HP in cars now is nuts...... The NSX, as is with 573 HP and the electric motor torque fill is amazingly fast. How much faster does one need to go? An increase in top speed by 10 mph does nothing for me as I will never drive it that fast. The greatest feature of the car is it's stupendous acceleration. It's just soooo good. The engine is just amazing. It just pulls linearly to redline. Anyway, just one owner's thoughts on a Tuesday morning...... Keepin mine. Just wish I had the nerve to drive it more......

I'm personally responsible for 11% of NSX sales in the US for November! <flexes>

I tend to agree with nsx878's take on the matter, although I won't be too surprised either way.

A type S is most likely...subtle changes.....

Another thing to consider is that they haven't really grabbed the attention of many Gen1 owners. Even though Prime is just a small segment of owners, there are loyal Gen1 owners on this thread don't own one. Even docjohn hasn't made the jump to the NC1. Instead he got a Civic Type-R, that says a lot about how Acura completely missed targeting owners of the Gen1.

I took the plunge because the timing and price was right. With the incentive and discount on the 2017 NSX I got, my lease payment was less than a Range Rover or MB S500. Unfortunately as I've said previously, Acura isn't capable of catering to the customer who buys/leases this car. We all know how my car got fubar'd by being mishandled by the craptascular Napleton dealer. I get better customer service now from the Autonation MB and BMW dealership that I service my current cars at. There is a reason why Acura can't sell more than 300 a year, and the price isn't the problem. They don't have the brand mystique to justify a $120K+ car. Porsche can sell $250k+ cars all day long. Even a base 911 is over $100k and they sell thousands of them a year. If Acura thinks adding a new color every year is what their buyers want, then they have a bigger problem.

"Lipstick on a pig" is what this reminds me of.

-Peace out.

Another thing to consider is that they haven't really grabbed the attention of many Gen1 owners. Even though Prime is just a small segment of owners, there are loyal Gen1 owners on this thread don't own one. Even docjohn hasn't made the jump to the NC1. Instead he got a Civic Type-R, that says a lot about how Acura completely missed targeting owners of the Gen1.

I took the plunge because the timing and price was right. With the incentive and discount on the 2017 NSX I got, my lease payment was less than a Range Rover or MB S500. Unfortunately as I've said previously, Acura isn't capable of catering to the customer who buys/leases this car. We all know how my car got fubar'd by being mishandled by the craptascular Napleton dealer. I get better customer service now from the Autonation MB and BMW dealership that I service my current cars at. There is a reason why Acura can't sell more than 300 a year, and the price isn't the problem. They don't have the brand mystique to justify a $120K+ car. Porsche can sell $250k+ cars all day long. Even a base 911 is over $100k and they sell thousands of them a year. If Acura thinks adding a new color every year is what their buyers want, then they have a bigger problem.

"Lipstick on a pig" is what this reminds me of.

-Peace out.

I think Acura is satisfied with the volume. It's like the NA2, they just kept making it even though they only sold a couple hundred per year. It's a halo car- it was never meant to be a 911. JMO

I'm leaning this way too... folks might be waiting for the MY22 MMC. The underlying NC1 platform is really, really good. I think we'll see some cosmetic exterior changes, and maybe an update to the infotainment system. I'm skeptical about the Type-R and major power upgrades.
Hopefully honda/acura recognizes that McL is coming with their Artura with about the same power. As a McL, I would assume less weight, so better performance than the NSX.

A 10% HP bump would not be unreasonable. But not 150hp.

Type-Subtle

;)

My "guess":
Type-S
  • Small weight reduction (like 10 kg)
  • Small power bump

NSX
  • Latest Acura infotainment
  • Small exterior refresh to align with current Acura design language (like the 2017 GT-R changes, nothing earth-shattering)

Last edited:
My CTR purchase was more a price/fun ratio no brainer....Its a new car but still analogish....and I can share with the family...

Back