• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Is the 2G NSX special enough to replace both?.

I cannot answer the question for you, but my NA2 has not been out since the NC1 took a position in the garage. And thoughts of letting the NA2 go are happening more frequently. I confront the Key or Key FOB choice regularly and I grab the FOB and grin. FWIW.

What would be a reason someone trades in a 2800mi brand new nsx?

At nsx prices you pretty much know if you can afford it or not so just wondering if maybe the owner didn't test drive and disappointed with the car?

^. Unfortunately I've done this multiple times, either get a car and not like it because the test drive was not revealing or had it for a year and just got tired of it. In this price point I think that's a common theme, look at Lamborghini, Ferrari with low miles

What would be a reason someone trades in a 2800mi brand new nsx?

At nsx prices you pretty much know if you can afford it or not so just wondering if maybe the owner didn't test drive and disappointed with the car?
i know of someone who is on their second NSX. bought one of the first in the area, then traded it in a couple months later for a different color. he has lots of money so its ok.

one of my friends got a new corvette. kept it for 3 weeks because he couldnt get comfortable in the seat and it made his back hurt.

Fine looking car, but I wouldn't call almost 2800 miles a fresh one.

I think he meant a new ad, that one is fairly new compared to others on CarGurus. Honestly, 2800 miles wouldn't bother me, it's a Honda, it's not even broken in. There's a poster on Acurazine right now with 120k miles on his RLX Sport Hybrid and the eSH-AWD drivetrain, including the batteries, is robust. The NSX, presumably an improvement on that given it's newer, should be just as robust.

An aside for the owners: fuel economy on long highway runs? I'm just curious. I'm planning on doing some rallies with my NA2 next year and an NC1 in my garage would see the same usage.

Last edited:
25MPG easily doable. I've gotten close to 30MPG in Quiet mode cruising around 65MPH.

Thank you. That's better than I thought. Don't worry, I'm not really worried about fuel economy--I've done several multi-thousand mile road trips in my CTS-V wagon. 19 mpg on the highway means I get to stretch my legs a lot, at the gas station, ROFL.

I'm just a fuel economy nerd, that's all.

25MPG easily doable. I've gotten close to 30MPG in Quiet mode cruising around 65MPH.

I've been getting 23-24+ for general mixed driving with some spirited portions in the mix. That also includes a mix of modes say 20% quiet, 70% Sport, and 10% Sport +. I've also done a few long distance runs (200 -500 miles) with bulk in Q or S in highway traffic but moving briskly. On those I was getting 26 -29. Not bad in my book. My GT-R only gets 17-19+ for above conditions.

My 930 gets 11 mpg on a good day with a stiff tailwind :tongue:

The Update

No info available on the 2 cars recently seen on the ring.
The crazy prices for the steel rotors may be place holders until details on the volume, stocking levels, etc. get worked out.
Sometimes there are deals out of the gate (red Type R badges for $20) or not deals like this.
Feedback from Monterey should be available next week. They continue to work to find ways to connect to potential buyers.
No word on if Cubs star Kris Bryant received his car yet.
Info on what will be done for NSXPO should be available soon.
Interesting issue related to the thermostats. If the car is in extreme climate conditions (think Arizona), the thermostat can fail and the car will shut down for self preservation and will need a tow. No spare parts so order from Japan and wait a week. One guy had his car in the shop and when the part came in the tech found a main seal oil leak. This was an engine out repair. Acura made the guy whole (i.e. got another car). Spare parts will be on hand going forward and then the redesigned thermostats will be available. No word if they will do a TSB program to replace all of them.
They had not heard of the crinkling sound HeavyMetals has been experiencing.

had a few potential customers go to Monterey. Feedback was positive. Echoed what others have said, that you really need to drive this car to appreciate it. Most had test drives with McLaren on the same afternoon. Said the Mclaren's were more responsive in steering and have better interiors.

I am kind of stumped by the perception that the 570S has a better interior.

The interior is a big step up from the 650S but it is still super basic.

You can get some designo stuff going on but the pricing is not friendly and the car starts much higher than an NSX.

Goes back to my point that pretty much any of the customers for these cars can afford over $200K.

more CF, less plastic and swoopy lines.

i guess it comes from the fact that mclarens dont share parts with $20k economy cars.

however, their center display looks cheaper than my $40 amazon tablet, but its surrounded by CF.

i guess it comes from the fact that mclarens dont share parts with $20k economy cars.

however, their center display looks cheaper than my $40 amazon tablet, but its surrounded by CF.

is there a center display in the 570S? haven't even noticed! :biggrin:

Goes back to my point that pretty much any of the customers for these cars can afford over $200K.

i also concur. i think many people can afford a $200,000 NSX, they just don't want to spend that kind of money on that particular car...

Interesting issue related to the thermostats. If the car is in extreme climate conditions (think Arizona), the thermostat can fail and the car will shut down for self preservation and will need a tow. No spare parts so order from Japan and wait a week. One guy had his car in the shop and when the part came in the tech found a main seal oil leak. This was an engine out repair. Acura made the guy whole (i.e. got another car). Spare parts will be on hand going forward and then the redesigned thermostats will be available. No word if they will do a TSB program to replace all of them.
Thanks for these updates.

For what it's worth, a stock NA1 isn't up to extreme conditions either. I don't mean that thermostats would fail, just that the stock radiator in an NA1 isn't adequate for Death Valley on a summer afternoon. Putting a fatter radiator in was the best upgrade I did to my NSX.

Thanks for these updates.

For what it's worth, a stock NA1 isn't up to extreme conditions either. I don't mean that thermostats would fail, just that the stock radiator in an NA1 isn't adequate for Death Valley on a summer afternoon. Putting a fatter radiator in was the best upgrade I did to my NSX.

I live in Death Valley (aka Houston, TX...same difference). I haven't had issues, but where did you get a fatter radiator? I might be interested in doing the same.

I cannot answer the question for you, but my NA2 has not been out since the NC1 took a position in the garage. And thoughts of letting the NA2 go are happening more frequently. I confront the Key or Key FOB choice regularly and I grab the FOB and grin. FWIW.

I know what an NA2 is (02-05 NSX), but what is an "NC1"?

Odd question to post here, but since we have such knowledgeable experts here...

I have been dying to imagine what the front of NSX 2.0 would look like if the whole front was painted the same body color, ie: paint the black parts, and the beak, the same color as the rest of the car...and smooth out the fake "grill" in the front.

So I stopped in at Acura yesterday, already knowing they had two white 2.0's outside, only to find a black one inside, a color in the flesh I had not yet seen before. This gave me a glimpse of what painting the whole car one color what look like.

While chatting with a salesman, and mentioning to him this "all one color" idea, I commented that I also wanted to "smooth out" or fill-in that fake honeycomb "grill" that seems to serve no greater purpose than to trap bugs and dirt (imagining having to clean each crevice with a soft tooth brush every time you wash it?)

He told me that the "grill" was there on purpose for AERODYNAMICS!

Can someone confirm this as truth or fiction, and if it's true, how does it affect aerodynamics?

Back