• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Just be careful if your leasing as they try like crazy to pad the lease numbers. I have one dealer who added in an extra 7000 and added sales tax twice. Make sure you see every number on these leases

The Update
The trunk money for 2017 cars is not quite $30K per car
They have not run out of money for this, I can't say the size of the program but it is bigger than I have modeled and will only be for 2017s
There are some stipulations but he did not have the specifics (ex. using Acura finance)
It does include custom ordered 2017s, though I am not sure if any 2017 build slots are still available
Acura is being silent on this, so no surprise that some dealers don't even know about it
They are not calling it an incentive, intended to be kind of a tool that dealers can use to close a deal if the buyer is on the fence
The program's key intents are to get more cars seen in the wild and to increase the work load at the factory (unspoken inference, fewer that 4 production days per week currently)
They don't understand why the dealers are giving such deep discounts (and losing money on selling a car)
The $2K per month Acura gives the dealer when a car is used for demo purposes appears to be correct
New order volume is up
2018s can be ordered by the dealers but production scheduling will favor customer ordered cars
They are not told how many folks are taking the tours but scheduling is a bit more complicated due to having to check to see if the plant is running on a customer selected date
If you change your exhaust and blow up your motor, don't expect it will be covered by the warranty
A few more cars have experienced the thermostat failure

I have personally met 2 workers from pmc factory that were let go secondary to low volume....they had to go back to building crv's.....hopefully these incentives will increase orders

Just be careful if your leasing as they try like crazy to pad the lease numbers. I have one dealer who added in an extra 7000 and added sales tax twice. Make sure you see every number on these leases

We second this comment. Cars like this ideally should be purchased as dealers have less room to pull sneaky tactics as mentioned above. Yes we understand the advantages of leasing as a business so if you must lease, check every number twice, especially the money factor, capital cost and residuals.

The Update
The trunk money for 2017 cars is not quite $30K per car Correct. Its based upon # of NSXs sold and # on the ground. Each store gets a "bucket" of $ based upon those #s. So, not all stores will have the same amount of $ available.
They have not run out of money for this, I can't say the size of the program but it is bigger than I have modeled and will only be for 2017s
There are some stipulations but he did not have the specifics (ex. using Acura finance) Finance or lease for a minimum of 24 months
It does include custom ordered 2017s, though I am not sure if any 2017 build slots are still available ~10 spots were available the Friday that the money was made available. Spots were gone by Monday.
Acura is being silent on this, so no surprise that some dealers don't even know about it
They are not calling it an incentive, intended to be kind of a tool that dealers can use to close a deal if the buyer is on the fence
The program's key intents are to get more cars seen in the wild and to increase the work load at the factory (unspoken inference, fewer that 4 production days per week currently)
They don't understand why the dealers are giving such deep discounts (and losing money on selling a car)
The $2K per month Acura gives the dealer when a car is used for demo purposes appears to be correct Yes, this is correct.
New order volume is up
2018s can be ordered by the dealers but production scheduling will favor customer ordered cars I have heard that stores will no longer receive allocations. If you have a customer who wants to order, you can place the order right away, rather than having to wait for an allocation to appear.
They are not told how many folks are taking the tours but scheduling is a bit more complicated due to having to check to see if the plant is running on a customer selected date
If you change your exhaust and blow up your motor, don't expect it will be covered by the warranty
A few more cars have experienced the thermostat failure
See above.

Just got off the phone with this dealer and they are saying the $30k Acura incentive has to be split between all of their inventory. They had x3 NSX's and one was sold so there is only $20k left of the incentive. They offered us the $20k remaining on either car. We asked what about the last car if you give us the $20k and he said whoever buys the last car does not get ANY discount! We find this very strange. Truth or fiction?

sounds like mumbo jumbo....:rolleyes:

again, acura screwed the pooch on this incentive money. they couldnt make it a straight forward 30k off every in stock car. they had to use a convoluted formula of previously sold NSXs + current NSXs on the floor.

in short, yes, it is possible to have less than 30k available.

BandB,
That's great that they sold more 2017's, unfortunately, Nov & Dec aren't exactly high volume months for high end sports cars and they still have a significant inventory to clear out. My guess is that there will be a fair number of 2017's lingering around into 2018. I'm hard pressed to see Acura gaining any new potential buyers after the incentives are over unless elements of the vehicle change (ie. dispose of the hybrid, alter exhaust sound, etc).

The incentive is overcoming many of the hurdles that have been keeping customers away.

Let's face it, the car is not changing for another year, so once December hits, back to pokey sales numbers.

A lot of dealers could care less it they move the car. The ones that do are using the incentive and taking a hair cut beyond that depending on how much CF they spec'd their cars with.

Cars.com has 147 new ones listed, so on a national basis, just under 3 per state. 46 of those have MSRP at $200K or more so lots of high spec cars collecting dust.

I expect the 2019 will have the new Acura grill, some interior updates and maybe a slight boost in power and then some more color options in and out.

BandB,
That's great that they sold more 2017's, unfortunately, Nov & Dec aren't exactly high volume months for high end sports cars and they still have a significant inventory to clear out. My guess is that there will be a fair number of 2017's lingering around into 2018. I'm hard pressed to see Acura gaining any new potential buyers after the incentives are over unless elements of the vehicle change (ie. dispose of the hybrid, alter exhaust sound, etc).

At this time I have 0 desire to alter the car. The muted exhaust is a big plus as I usually want peace and quiet. If I want drama, I can take the old nsx, porsche with sport exhaust or the wonderously sounding but can get annoying Gallardo pre-lp v10 out. Stealth is a good option to have. And now that I have one (2017) the rarer the better. I mean I want it to be successful but for this iteration that ship has sailed

FA, I believe that is true, best sales month in the US to date.

Like I was saying, the effect of price action.

Take something people want, lower the price and volume goes up.

The tougher pill is that now the market is conditioned to accept the lower price and when it dries up, will the customers do the same (I think so)?

What is kind of fun here is that many of the buyers weren't cross shopping the NSX to this or that. They have just been waiting for a deal or when faced with a short term opportunity, decided to participate in the market.

Back