• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are the $80,000-90,000 2017 NSXs?

Anyone know of any dealers with the big discounts? All I really care about is ceramics. Every once in a while someone pops up with a crazy deal on new.

Anyone know of any dealers with the big discounts? All I really care about is ceramics. Every once in a while someone pops up with a crazy deal on new.

You have to work hard to find a great deal, it is unlikely to just fall into your lap. Follow Autotrader every day, find every Acura dealer in the country and go to their websites, call and/or email and ask them about their car if you find the right one. The hard part was finding the exact right car that was optioned exactly as you wanted. This is how I did it back in the buying frenzy in Nov of 2017...... Certainly someone might give you the lead you want but nothing replaces hard work and persistence. If you are ready to buy, and willing to follow through on a take it or leave it offer, engage multiple dealers, and let them come back to you..... I know there is likely a $20K rebate coming, but I do not know what the dealer discounts are running today? Be aggressive with your offer, but within reason. Good luck.....

Last edited:
nsx878 offers sage advice. That's what I did, and then eventually I ended up ordering one spec'ed the way I wanted it. [MENTION=32732]powdbyrice[/MENTION] was an outstanding person to deal with throughout the process; he gave me a fair deal right out of the gate and then provided superior service through the entire ordering and buying process.

No chance these cars get deep in the 90’s. Look at the competition, they all raised their prices.

For the base iron brake car, it won’t be as hood of a story as the R35, but it will retain its value well IMHO. The powertrain warranty is substantially better than the competition.

The Acura care extended warranty is dirt cheap in my opinion. I added it to ours in September. I should have posted this sooner, apologies.

b887de24b756e758d94d00e615bed65b.jpg

e3b9226b43d6835d8bbbaeb05674d37e.jpg

6f339801a016771346f8d61b1e0c568d.jpg

Last edited:
The pricing on that extended warranty is eye-watering...but if I buy a NC1 to bunk with my NA2, I'd plan on keeping it for a long time. Likely worth the money. Thanks for sharing, [MENTION=37117]Droptopp[/MENTION] . Maybe it's finally almost time for me to sell my manual CTS-V wagon on BAT, use proceeds for big down payment on NC1. So tempted...

I’m blessed and lucky to have a decent amount of cars ranging from 1600+ hp to 573 hp (NSX) and between.

9 times out of 10 when I go out to cruise - I take the NSX.

It’s in a league of its own - absolutely fantastic and a blast to drive.

You wouldn’t regret it.

Droptopp, Thanks for posting the warranty info, very useful..... I've never been a warranty guy, but this car makes me a bit nervous. Part of the reason I bought the car was for the "implied" reliability. My issue is that I can't make myself drive the car more. only 5K miles on my 3 year old 17'..... I will likely never get to 80K miles. My driving issue is more out of fear of parking than driving, accidents, breakdowns, etc.... But maybe if I have a warranty, then drive the snot out of it and forget about depreciation. Life has an expiration date, and every day, we get closer to it.... Can't drive it when you're dead>

Probably need to start another thread, but how many miles have you driven?? The highest I've seen is 80K miles....

COVID has seen the sports and exotic car market hold steady or even increase in many cases. I certainly expected the market to be around $100k now with some rougher examples being cheaper but a clean car being $105-$110K for a 2017. At the end of the day I was making an educated guess based on what we knew at the time, who could have predicted 2020.

I wonder if the lack of changes to the current car has helped the 2017's hold their value. If the car receives a significant facelift or updates any time soon that may be the only thing that can drop the values below $100k for the foreseeable future.

the lack of discretionary spend by the top 5% of earners in the pandemic has driven higher end auto sails higher and average sale price to all time highs...on the other end of the spectrum the cars under 25 k are languishing on lots because that segment of the buyer pool has been crushed financially....

Simple supply and demand. The global shutdown of the global OEMs and component / systems suppliers has created a shortage which has still not been sorted.

Truck market has been impacted the worst. Local BMW dealer usually has 300+ new cars on his lot, he was down to 8 at one point.

This has driven the used car market up roughy 15-20% across the board.

New car prices are/will continue to rise as increased process costs for supply chain and mfg costs are amortized into the lines.

Hard to compare the non-Quattro and based model to the NSX. Audi uses Porsche pricing - $50k jump in base price for awd/more hp. That’s worse than the turbo to turbo S.

Well, I think the main appeal of the R8 is that naturally aspirated V10. Whether it has 602 hp or "only" 532 hp I don't think matters to most people. And, unlike Porsches, even the base R8 is pretty well equipped.

Last edited:
well it is a mild hybrid .....The demise of the I8 proved that hybrid alone will not sell.....still need the umph factor...

thanks for that....so then the answer is the NC1 needs morrr electrification.....less ozone depletion....then you guys won't need to get downpipes and JB4 tunes.....:)

thanks for that....so then the answer is the NC1 needs morrr electrification.....less ozone depletion....then you guys won't need to get downpipes and JB4 tunes.....:)

Makes about as much sense as adding more hp.

My point is compare the NSX to other "super" hybrids and you will find it is a bargain.

More I8's sold so it sure wasn't a comparison of performance.

Four seater against two? Maybe, but I doubt it.

BMW has a following just like Honda.

They are just more numerous and have more disposable income.....IMO

I8 at the track:

https://www.autox.com/track-test/bmw-i8-track-test-53264/

If you want a laugh and to see the main reason why I decided to not get one:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2tcap6

If you go on Ebay you can find broken hoods for sale.

Last edited:
personally I think the whole super hybrid thing is just a thing when the super is mostly the ice and the car can only go 20-30 miles on electrons only....maybe Elon is the wealthiest man on earth for just that...

I look at it as the auto makers doing a "look at me (sports car)" to show off how well they manage the technology of electrics married to an ICE.

Will be very interesting what GM does to the C8.

I expect GM to license the HONDA front wheel system (vector) like Honda licensed the magnetic suspension.

F1 does that marriage best with the most efficiency...I too am very interested in the specs of next c8 grandsport or zo6

The specs and what makes the fancy versions of the C8 go will be interesting. Unfortunately, you have to look at it and in my opinion it’s not an attractive car. The NSX is in a different league.

Back