• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where Does a 3x NSX Owner Go?

So I haven't been on prime in like 3 years which is when I sold my last X - a 98 Yellow.

NSX4.jpg

NSX1.jpg

So where does a 3 time addict go? Well I as we all know there is nowhere really to go but up to Gallardo, now R8 is an option, 360/430 etc. But I wasn't quite that upwardly mobile (or crazy) to spend that type of coin!

But I wanted some thing raw still. So I tried this:

EliseRearAngle.jpg

But this was too raw. It had perfect steering and handling, was definitely exotic, but it felt like a cheap kit on the inside. In the sun it would squeak due to the expansion of the plastic in dash etc. It was too boomy for the occassional business phone call and was drag for the wife to get over the deep wall in a dress.

So I began looking again. This time I knew that while I wanted something raw/edgy it still had to have some refinement. No rattles and I wanted to be able to take a business call. But it still had to be somewhat rare and as I had been spoiled by NSX and Lotus.

So I did this: Sorry no direct pic as I kept getting msg that these pics are too large and don't know how to shrink them...

It looks great - albeit not as exotic as NSX or Elise but with the hunchback, LED's, long nose and deep wheels it looks pretty crazy when you're approaching from behind.

Sounds nasty - see clips on the link.

Is quite refined

And is definitely rare. In 2 years I've seen like 3 on the road.

http://gs80.photobucket.com/groups/j182/7SKH3VB9FW/

So what the heck am I doing visiting Prime? I can't! I refuse! Its impossible! I won't let myself do a 4th NSX!

No seriously, I'll always love the X. But I think this M Coupe will need to hold me until I'm ready for Aston, Gallardo, GT3, GTR or something... But it was nice to visit and I'm foaming at the mouth looking at all the pics! Especially the NSX's Gone Wild Thread :eek:

Last edited:
If I had a Z4 M, it would be the coupe version like that. Color/wheels
/exhaust do make that one tempting but still does'nt have the NSX appeal.

Might want to stay away from PRIME (that's how I ended up a second time NSX owner). On the otherhand, it's such a buyer's market right now that your timing for another NSX is excellent. GL.

Nice toys! Nice M but is it as exotic as you would like? You are correct that you don't see that many Ms on the road but you do see a heck of a lot of Z4s. Not really a head turner IMO. Sorry.

Want something under or around ~100K that would stir the soul. Try a Maserati GranTurismo or if you have a few extra dollars an S. Exotic, rare, speed and what a great sound! As many exotics sit on showroom floors right now, just give them a price and you will be surprized how flexible the dealers are. I hear there are insentives on them right now. There are a few 07/08 with low miles around here that are looking for a good home!

You can always come back to the NSX.

If you like Lotus - the only one to consider out of the ones you showed in the link - the new Lotus Evora. Not a doubt and you surely would be hesitant from what I've read to want an exotic that will cost 3 times as much or more like the Aston, Lambo, Fcar. Have you seen the pics of the new Evora and read about it???

It's gonna be a nice car as a daily - a heck of a lot better than that little track car they make. Either that or a 4th NSX...

No doubt Gran Turismo's are beautiful and have been a consideration...

I'm not really looking right now but if I were:

Gran Turismo
996 TT
Aston V8
08+ Viper SRT Coupe (600hp bang for buck)
Gallardo

All under 100k! Barely for the Gallardo but close enough!

Back