• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

where is the location of the alarm module

Can anyone tell me where the alarm box (module) is located to get the serial # for the alarm remote.The car is a 1991. I recently purchased my first nsx and I am hooked. .............Thanks

FYI: Keyless Entry was a dealer option. Many NSX's do not have them.

Please post the source where you are getting the remotes from.

All NSX's came with a Security Unit (alarm), which monitors the door lock mechanism. The Keyless is loosely interfaced with the alarm system.

Drew

IMGP2203-600x450.jpg

Can someone specify that knows the other components to the Imobilizer/alarm system?

My stock NSX alarm system was replaced with an aftermarket one by the genius before hand (I think an requirement when you go from teh stock to AEM ecu). It's a 98 OBD2. It now has a straight cut key and I'd like to go back to the stock systerm.

I have this part along with the part by the ignition which seems to be necessary to start the car. Are there other components?

Thanks.

Please reply to this post with a PM if going to do so. I rather not have the world know where all the bits are to help steal my car.

I rather not have the world know where all the bits are to help steal my car.

The Keyless Entry is NOT the Security Unit, it just loosely interfaces with the unit when unlocking the doors.

If you wanted to steal the NSX, it is really easy, one just has to ....

Back