• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheres GEDDY LEE???

Aright RUSH is my favorite band and i want to see them SOOOOO bad. Does anyone have any idea when there going on there next tour. I know there coming out with a new album right now. mabye after???

HEY! another Rush fan!:smile:

Sorry I can't help, I don't have any answers to your questions.

Though I did play golf with Geddy once...:biggrin: he and I don't stay in touch.:cool:

nsx2tall said:
Though I did play golf with Geddy once...:biggrin: he and I don't stay in touch.:cool:

I once got high with him (Gary Lee Weinrib) in the back of the Ritz's limo, and I don't stay in touch either. :tongue:

my wedding song was a rush song. loved them since i was a kid, and of course being a drummer, neil has always been one of my favorites (and i've read all three of his books).

i'm wearing a 1974 rush tour shirt as i type this in fact (not an original, the wife bought it for me from the rush website a few weeks ago).

I have always wanted to see Rush live. Their sound is truly one of a kind! :smile:

if you're going to see them, i'd do it soon. it would not surprise me if at some point in the next decade, the band stopped touring. neil isn't really into it anymore (at least he wrote as much in his books).

Ive seen them about 7 times and probably for the last time for the 30th Anniversary tour!!! My favorite band (im a drummer too). Im not surprised that touring for them is getting a bit old...theyve been at it SO long and so hard!!

Question: Rush fans usually fall into 2 catagories: Pre and Post "Moving Pictures"...which are you?

Me?? Pre Moving Pictures had more anger and energy...but post has more thought and intellect.
.....I love it all!

i was in jr. high when moving pictures came out and that's what started me getting into them, but at the time i was more into triumph, but once i started playing rush (or trying to at that point in my life anyway) i was hooked. to me their earlier stuff is by far more enjoyable (hemispheres, a farewell to kings and permanent waves). the most amazing rush tour was the first 'evening with rush' tour when they played the entire side one of 2112.

the bands i listen to the most today are rush, dream theater and (one i doubt anyone here has heard) vanden plas, a german prog metal band that's absolutely top notch.

Rip Neil Peart

yep.....57 yo the prototypical fan:frown:

I was fortunate enough to see them a few times before they stopped touring, and of course before Peart died. I also got to see Tom Petty before he died also.

I was a drummer in 3 different bands in HS and saw them 4 times. They were a huge influence on my life- especially Neil. I'm so sad. :(

I saw Rush in 1981 (Permanent Waves tour) and then again just a few years ago. They handn't missed a beat. Peart was amazing!

Fun fact, a guy I know that cut his teeth on running sound for local bar bands back in the early 80's ended up touring with Rush and Tom Petty to run their front of house sound. He was running sound for TP during the last tour and was so saddened about Tom's death. Similarly saddened with Neil passed.

Back