• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where's the bottom

OK, it may be dealing time.

My preferred dealer just got a new car in tonight, in one of my preferred colors, and are gunning for me. Unfortunately, it's got carbon ceramics and a CF rear spoiler (i.e., what I've been referring to as frou-frou), but it's otherwise got exactly the specs I'm looking for.

MSRP is $178,600. Dealer has already told me of the $30k "down payment assist".

My plan is to right away ask for $50k off (ie $30k "discount" and another $20k). Does that seem reasonable as a starting point? If not, I've heard about the cars offered in the high 120's to low 130's and can obviously easily travel to get a better deal.

Has anyone got an additional $20k on a NON demo car?? I'm only able to get $7k off in addition to $30k.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Remember the rules of the game

The more optioned out the car is the more discount possible

A mid optioned car $180K + or - may not have $50 of discount in it

Also, a car that just hit the ground hasn't cost the dealer so much in carrying costs and may not be as motivated to push it out

OK, it may be dealing time.

My preferred dealer just got a new car in tonight, in one of my preferred colors, and are gunning for me. Unfortunately, it's got carbon ceramics and a CF rear spoiler (i.e., what I've been referring to as frou-frou), but it's otherwise got exactly the specs I'm looking for.

MSRP is $178,600. Dealer has already told me of the $30k "down payment assist".

My plan is to right away ask for $50k off (ie $30k "discount" and another $20k). Does that seem reasonable as a starting point? If not, I've heard about the cars offered in the high 120's to low 130's and can obviously easily travel to get a better deal.

I doubt very seriously if he will entertain an offer that low (does not hurt to try though), best I could do on a $178K car non program/ demo was $140K...FWIW

Last edited:
Remember the rules of the game

The more optioned out the car is the more discount possible

A mid optioned car $180K + or - may not have $50 of discount in it

Also, a car that just hit the ground hasn't cost the dealer so much in carrying costs and may not be as motivated to push it out

I doubt very seriously if he will entertain an offer that low (does not hurt to try though), best I could do on a $178K car non program/ demo was $140K...FWIW

Thank you both kindly for the words of advice. I've cast a wide net, looking at cars within a reasonable (read: 10-12 hour drive, I'm the road trip king) distance. I've given my preferred dealer the time of day because I've gotten decent deals from them in the past on more plebeian Acuras, and have a nearly 20-year relationship with them. Can't hurt to ask for $140k, I suppose.

I've talked to 2 dealers that seem stuck at $7k off. Seems to be their limit. Must be hitting near invoice or something.

I've talked to 2 dealers that seem stuck at $7k off. Seems to be their limit. Must be hitting near invoice or something.

You mean $7k off in addition to the $30k price support? And on a low to mid optioned car? Just asking for clarification.

They don't or won't move much from there, I had talked with 8 to 10 dealers, when I found my bottom..JM2C

Last edited:
You mean $7k off in addition to the $30k price support? And on a low to mid optioned car? Just asking for clarification.

Yes in addition to 30. Ranged. I've seen it on a $201k msrp and also on $180k.

Thanks. I figured as much, but didn't want to assume. I'm finding the same in my talks with dealers.

You can if you really shop it.

Thanks, [MENTION=33982]Taxdr1965[/MENTION], I picked up the one from Elite Acura today. $180.8k MSRP, came home at $135 - $45.8 off.

Actually, thanks to everyone on Prime for sharing your experience.

Still on the fence on what to do - if anything - with the 03.

Hey guys. I'm new here but looking at second gen NSX due to the recent price incentives.

What's the lowest price you guys have seen this car go for?

Ha , I almost bought that one, was it red?. You got a good deal. I am getting blue
If you were responding to me, then yes it’s the Valencia Red. Thanks for leaving it for me to buy.

I wonder what the calculus was for the $30k incentive. Why not $20k instead?

Back