• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which car would you likely have right now if the NSX didn't exist?

Bricklin, Buick Grand National, DeLorean, Pulsar NX, BMW 850CSi, Firebird WS-6, the list is endless!

Most probably an R8 or a 911 turbo. Probably the turbo because it was what I was cross shopping hard when I bought my NSX.

Had a downpayment for a Lotus Elise/Exige....a proper light weight mid-engine sports car but glad I bought the NSX instead.

Had previous sports cars made out of plain steel......there is not enough alum cars out there that i can afford and the R8 looks good from one angle only. Maybe the Cayman but if the shifting is like the Boxster, I'll pass.

If I were buying in the near future, an Alfa 4C -- it checks almost all my boxes: mid-engined, wonderful balance, loads of mechanical grip, agile, lightweight, unassisted steering (with actual feel), a satisfying but not insane amount of horsepower (enough to have fun but not murder myself on the track), stunning looks ... relatively rare.

The only drawbacks: no manual transmission, and it's turbocharged. So thank goodness the NSX DOES exist :)

When I sold my S2000 i seriously considered two replacements: Porsche Boxster S and 96 GTO. I know, right? Like trying to decide between a nice 68 Chateau Montsomethingorother cab and a boilermaker. Fortunately fate stepped in and I remembered that I'd always wanted an NSX. Funny how you forget a car you always wanted until a brick falls from a storm-ravaged chimney and hits you on the head.

Last edited:
A Silver 5-speed 1997 Porsche 911 (993)

Another timeless design and true honest drivers car like the NSX. I see both the NSXs and air-cooled Porsches holding or increasing value over time as newer cars become more and more computerized.

Gallardo or an R8

Back