• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which dealership in GTA?

Hey Guys,

Just wondering which dealership in Toronto you guys get your NSXs serviced at? I just called up Acura Sherway and they wanted 610$+tax for an oil, brake fluid, and engine coolant change.(!!!!!)

I replied privately as well, but this type of basic service should be under $200, particularly if you don't use an expensive synethetic. For straightforward stuff like this, I would go with Ken @ Import Performance Center if the dealership isn't being reasonable: 905-791-2277

$600 is a complete rip-off. I can't believe they had the gall to quote you that! Who was your service advisor? I know some people high up there (in fact I just had lunch with the ex-owner of the dealership yesterday!), and I'll bring it up with them. That's completely uncalled for unless there was a misunderstanding in terms of what work was being performed (eg. they thought they were also changing the coolant bottle and all the lines or something crazy like that).

i deal with Acura Woodbine... they're fantastic, they even do performance... for example they did about 20 comptech installs last summer

cheers,
nathan

Yeah I just talked to the service manager at Woodbine Acura and he figures approx $320 for the same job (using Redline synthetic which is about $20 more than other synth's).

Wow thats really high? I have to agree with Arshad should be around $300 or maybe even less. I know the coolant proceedure is interesting, but that is probably the longest job of all of them.

I had mine done last year along with timming belt etc. It was around $300 for me as well. I do my own oil changes now, they are so easy. Cost of an oil change is around $50CND with NSX OEM filter, and Mobil 1 Synthetic oil, and 20mins (or 1hour if I let the oil drip out that long :rolleyes: ) of my labour.

Thanks,

Not sure where you are in the GTA, but if you are anywhere near Barrie make sure to stay away from Acura of Barrie. They really do not know much about the NSX and cannot do more than oil changes on them. I stopped there in mine and it was like I landed a spaceship in their service drive. :eek:

Apparantly I've been told that Fairview Acura in Kitchener has one of the top NSX Dealer-Trained mechanics in Canada? Not sure how valid that statement was, I was able to meet with the Tech (Mark) a few years back when I got my NSX. He was able to pre-inspect my car before I bought it. He was able to troubleshoot my oil leak problem in a matter of seconds after quickly glancing down the side of the motor. :biggrin: He was right my Spool Valve gaskets were leaking. He sounded very confident and knowlegeable about the car. If your in the area stop in a visit them.

Thanks,

Back