• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which Exhaust Sounds Louder & Racier? HELP!

I like my ARC Titanium, It's not as loud as my old JGTC, but very aggressive and unique sounding. Has a nice sophisticated mechanical whine with bassy rumble unlike many aftermarket exhaust that just turn up the volume but doesn't make the sound better. Of course I shaved 30lbs off the back end as well. My friend who was behind me at the track said my car is spitting out 10inch flames out the exhaust
cool.gif

------------------
George W
Porsche 996 for sale!

Andy,
just took my Tubi'd NSX out for a spirited drive. Sounds nothing like any Yugo I've heard (never heard a BROKEN Yugo). In fact sounded more exciting than my earlier drive in my Tubi'd 360. But then again, in your neck of the wood Alan Jackson probably sounds better than Pavarotti, no ? Why don't we let the listeners make up their own mind, especially when they're trying to make a choice.

Tino,
I think Andy meant the GARGLING sound after you release the throtle as you also mentioned on other threads. Some people like it but many people don't like a car that GARGLES. I know you said that your Ferrari also sound like that, but a gargling sound from a Ferrari will have a different effect to people than a gargling sound from a Tubi NSX exhaust which produce a completely different sound from a Tubi F355 exhaust.

So I suggest that people to hear an exhaust themselves before jumping into buying an expensive exhaust. As we all know that many people change their exhausts many times or have regreted their exhaust buying decision.

Romeo,
Congrats on your new exhaust
smile.gif

keep driving your car until your new Taitec JGTC parallel exhaust has been broken-in.

We'll meet to compare our exhausts again
wink.gif

I just came from cruising today too
smile.gif

Very nice sunny weather today.

[This message has been edited by insx (edited 05 January 2003).]

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
Hi Shawn --

It was actually the GT Parallel exhaust that you had (which has been discontinued). In comparison, the JGTC Parallel has a much louder output and completely different sound. You may wish to check out the exhaust comparison here:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/exhausts.asp

There are in stock.

Regards,
-- Chris

I have been to the SoS site many times and can not find the sound clips for the comparison. Can someone please tell me where they are "hiding" - thanks!

nick

Setyo,

Several guys from the Eastbay are dying to hear your GruppeM V3, we may meet up in the city on sunday (before the 49'ers game) would you be available on sunday? I'll call you in the morning..

Everyone will have different exhaust,
RM, Comptech, Taitec, your GruppeM and probably a Tubi.
biggrin.gif

If anyone is interested to join in pls feel free to say "I will" or forever hold your peace.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by spartan2-3 (edited 05 January 2003).]

I also have the ARC Titanium. Maomaonsx describes it well. I also have ARC induction box and together with the ARC exhaust it produces an awesome 'harmonic' sound!

Originally posted by insx:
So I suggest that people to hear an exhaust themselves before jumping into buying an expensive exhaust. As we all know that many people change their exhausts many times or have regreted their exhaust buying decision.

I agree and that is what I also suggested.
About the gargling, when I was racing, one of the rituals before we went out for the warmup lap, was to "gargle" as much as you could (beleive me we did not rev up our engines to warm them up), I guess this is what Tubi has intentionally designed in their exhaust. I can understand why for people who have not been close competition machinery, the gargling sound may evoke a broken Yugo.

The exhaust burble reminds me of the sound from the Ferrari 360GT racing in American Le Mans, I'm surprised it's such a turn-off for many people.

I agree with Jim, the ARC exhaust does have a very wonderful low pitched sound.

The best bet is to hear all the exhausts you are considering before purchasing. Exhaust note preference is as individual as picking your favorite color, and your favorite may be very different from your friend's preference.

-- Chris

Back