• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which one of you NSX owners got beat by a FD towing a trailer with race stuff?

I still always struggle to understand why you ever sold your FD and why you currently own an NSX.

Especially when he comes back and touts the dern thing haha. :biggrin:

Fd's are pretty and thats about it, they are just as unraliable as my DSM, sorry worst.

But the cure for me was going to be an LS engine, had it for a while never finished and sold them both.

I call BS on the trailer thread, But it is a RX7 forum so I espected that kind of response. I raced a few FD's on my DSM days and they did not have to much to offer, even the ones with their T67's in them.

Oh, But they are little, pretty and cute...just like the Miata you cant take that away.

-MSR

It's a nick-name reference.

The FD is an awesome Rx-7 because it was a radical departure by Mazda relative to past and current platforms which have a rotary engine. It is a legendary sports car.

Having owned many sports cars the FD Rx-7 still holds my heart due to its performance and beauty. It was a 2 year love affair and still the best pure sports car I've ever owned.

I miss my 93 red Rx-7 R1. What a beast.

Edit. I've owned 3 Rx-7s btw. An 81 GS, 85 GSL-SE (awesome) and the 93 R1.

I've owned 2 RX7's. FC and FD.

I agree the FD was a radical departure for Mazda,but also for Japanese car makers. NO longer were they "followers" in terms of design styling, the FD set some benchmarks in terms of keeping things lean and mean.

It's more of a pure sports car than the NSX. The NSX does a great job in combining sports and luxury, where the FD focused on the sports aspect.

I still always struggle to understand why you ever sold your FD and why you currently own an NSX.

A few reasons:

1. I finished the FD project in terms of what I wanted to mod.
2. My friend offered the NSX with under 35k miles for $24k. At the time it was easily $10k below market value in 2007. I cut him a check.
3. I've always liked the NSX, except the $$$ for HP. Fit and Finish and reliability was better.
4. Thought about dropping a Rotary engine in the NSX

Just kidding on the 4th...

1. Sell the NSX (bank some $$$)
2. Buy another RX7
3. Post on the RX7 boards how great it is to own one again and how bad the NSX was to own and how difficult it was to deal with NSX owners
4. Post less on Prime :biggrin:

Back