• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who drove their NSX the LEAST in 2014?

Let's see. I put a total of 16k miles on my nsx this year alone. Went to portland Oregon twice. Countless times to vegas and San Diego. Now my nsx reads 48544 right after my accident. I love the attention driving it. My boss at work wonders how can I afford such a car.

- - - Updated - - -

You're probably the guy with a "hot wife", that doesn't have sex with her, so as to save her for her next husband!!!

this thread here just made my day.... Hella funny.....

Anyone looking for recognition for driving the fewest miles should sell it to someone who will enjoy driving an NSX.:wink: I know it's your NSX and can do what you want but what a waste................ Let someone that can truely enjoy it for what it is, a drivers car.

I can totally relate to the argument of enjoying nsx or any other exotic or whatever is valuable to you may be different for different people. I sometimes after long day at work can go and just clean it and look at it sitting. I'm too tired already to go for a drive. Cagers around make it even easier decision. But at the same time when we plan our trips or quick getaways I really enjoy it. Everyone has his or her own reasons to enjoy it the way they like. I enjoy working on nsx as much as driving it..

Nov 13- Nov 14 car is in bed for the winter... 2,651 miles this season. 15 of those miles were on Honda R&D's high speed oval... wooo whoooo!

Last edited:

i've only been able to scratch about 800 miles this year.

Is this a hall of fame or hall of shame? I drive mine only on weekends. But, try to take at least one cross country trip per year to NSXPO and/or the Fla. Keys. I don't have the luxury of a large car collection. Though, I'd have one if I had the garage space and the disposable income to match. My NSX is my car collection. The way I look at it, if it's still worth something when my son gets it from my estate then good for him. However, I'm betting he'll value the great times we've had going to car shows/meets and our cross country adventures in the NSX together. That's the real value of a special car and the reason I choose not to let the odometer influence how and when I drive the car. My late wife (who encouraged me to get the car in the first place) taught me that life is too short.

Last edited:
Sadly I just looked at my tripmeter.

Tank was full at the beginning of summer and now it's 1/4 tank.

146 miles.

Although most of those were at WOT.

Not really sure why folks that drive there NSX a lot care about those that don't - for whatever reason. Everybody is different - and we all love the NSX for what it is. Personally, I have 4 cars and 1 motorcycle - so none of my vehicles get many miles on them - doesn't mean I don't enjoy the miles I put on my NSX. Which, was about 1,000 miles last year - no big trips, so small drives hear and there - have an awful commute in traffic to work (no fun in the NSX), and a full life with work and an 8 year old boy. Love every minute I take the NSX out however - next year is likely to be more miles (i hope) - but if not, the miles I get in her is all good and always brings a big smile to my face.

Peace ---- Jay

For those who don't drive their car...

You're all going to hell...
elaine-seinfeld-devil-face-o.gif

See y'all there cause I never drive mine either. muahahahaha. :devilish:

About 800 for me...
NSteXpo Group Drive for most of it and then Weekly
Friday Drive to and from the office on Casual day
when the weathers nice.

Is this a hall of fame or hall of shame?

Couldnt agree more, rather sad if you ask me. Im embarresed to admit I drove my car once this year, 18 miles and that was only because Im moving and didnt want to store my babies at my house. I will say that the ride was amazing and vow to drive it more often. The NSX really is unreal, dollar for dollar THE best sports car for the money, hands down. After 11 years of NSX ownership, the car is still like nothing else i've ever driven.

I only put on about 1200 this year. I'm only averaging about 1200-1400/yr now for the past 6 years. It doesn't add up much with the combination of not driving it in the winter and now have a child.

Couldnt agree more, rather sad if you ask me. Im embarresed to admit I drove my car once this year, 18 miles and that was only because Im moving and didnt want to store my babies at my house. I will say that the ride was amazing and vow to drive it more often. The NSX really is unreal, dollar for dollar THE best sports car for the money, hands down. After 11 years of NSX ownership, the car is still like nothing else i've ever driven.

I didn't intend for my comments to shame anyone. The question was designed for both sides of the debate. There are just as many legitimate reasons for not driving "your" car as there are legitimate reasons to drive "your" car. It's "your" car. The debate is fun and I'm as guilty of making fun of my NSX friends who have garage queens as they are for calling me crazy to pile on the miles.

Unless the weather is bad, I just can't sit in my garage with a beer in hand and stare lustily at my car. And adding twin turbos has made that even harder to do. Taking the car out on nice weekends to car meets and shows has benefits I had never considered. I've made some very good friends who own everything from Corvettes to Lamborghinis, used my car to support charities, hopefully inspired younger folks to get into the car hobby and I can promote this very special and rare car that we are blessed to own. And the long cross country driving trips with my teenage son are a great bonding experience when most kids his age tend to think their parents are an embarrassment.

You guys are too funny! If I every go to the annual NSX Expo, we can have a therapy session between the rarely drives and DD drivers and work out your issues.
Shrink

I drove mine enough that I don't even deserve posting in this thread. On the other hand...

Strong statement from someone who has owned MANY fine examples of sports cars!!!

You guys are too funny! If I every go to the annual NSX Expo, we can have a therapy session between the rarely drives and DD drivers and work out your issues.Shrink
LMAO!! Would that be on tech day? Or at one of the happy hours? The funny thing is that over 80% of the attendees drive their cars to NSXPO (which is a statement in itself) so it might be a one sided session.

I agree with nsx zr1 with the car is to be done with what makes each owner happy... Would I love to,drive the car more often.? Of course but there are some issues that prevent that .. I work 2/10' of mile from office and most days I walk... I also go to some not so nice areas for rounding at hospitals which makes parking difficult ... I also don't like to park the car in my office parking lot to be that guy that shows all his patients what I have ... Also have few other cars to use. Add two young kids and the activity schedule and gear they have to bring along with them ... Now weather and social calendar going out on weekends with other people .. To be social am I gonna tell another couple I will meet you at restaurant because I want to drive my two seater when u live around corner from me? Kids have travel tournaments that require more gear than you can think of on most weekends ...Trust me the guys who use it as daily driver or have the flexibility and lifestyle that allows that type of vehicle to be used daily is awesome ...

At the end of the day knowing I have the car and it is mine is enough for me .. Driving it bonus...

The car is away for the winter... Actually not at my garage since my house is being remodeled for next six months ... And when my family moves back in to the house my cars will have new home as well including a new two car garage with 14 foot ceilings and the ability to lift two cars ...not sure if a double up lift or two single posts ... Would love any input on anyone who has installed a lift on make and model and the pros and cons (don't want to hijack thread )

All in all we are a select few that have the ability and means to own such an incredible vehicle that whatever he or she wants to do with it as owner is ok with me

Now for the answer to thread 101 miles this calendar year

Happy holidays to all

Last edited:
I put 1000 miles the first day I picked up my NSX back in September, since then another 700 miles. The weather is getting bad (rain) here in St. Louis, so its in garage most of the time now :(

Back