• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

who has the fastest all/motor nsx

So I guess some dont believe its possible to make 320whp on a 3.0, or is it you guys dont believe Costa makes that kind of power NA, I had the same problem with people with turbo and superchargers would not believe I did 11.9's back in 2002 because there 10k set up would only hit mid to low 12's, I'm not trying to steer up trouble, but you guys should realize the NSX is a great drag platform

So I guess some dont believe its possible to make 320whp on a 3.0, or is it you guys dont believe Costa makes that kind of power NA, I had the same problem with people with turbo and superchargers would not believe I did 11.9's back in 2002 because there 10k set up would only hit mid to low 12's, I'm not trying to steer up trouble, but you guys should realize the NSX is a great drag platform

Light weight, good driver and the fact that Nsx has excellent aerodynamics & stability + Nos I agree high 11's is possible.

Light weight, good driver and the fact that Nsx has excellent aerodynamics & stability + Nos I agree high 11's is possible.

Well no shit. With enough nos i could make my push mower run 11s. The point here is that its questionable wheather or not Costa ran 3 consecutive runs of mid 11.7s WITHOUT nos. Pay attention.

Well no shit. With enough nos i could make my push mower run 11s. The point here is that its questionable wheather or not Costa ran 3 consecutive runs of mid 11.7s WITHOUT nos. Pay attention.
Sigh.... Almost no one believed him even before he posted the time sheet, or claim the 3 consecutive run. Pay attention!!!

Almost no one believe him because it was not realistic.

Before embracing yourself even more, please go back and read the whole thing before making any additional comments that has nothing to do with the thread.

Please.

Last edited:
Sigh.... Almost no one believed him even before he posted the time sheet, or claim the 3 consecutive run. Pay attention!!!

Before embracing yourself even more, please go back and read the whole thing before making any additional comments that has nothing to do with the thread.

Please.

what part is not realistic?

Please.

Thats what i just said. Hell i dont believe him, do you?

That is very funny. You built a dragster with massive FI, while at it, you even talk about nitrous, which has nothing to do with..... For reality check, a NA/All motor C30A NSX.:eek:

It's Comments like this are why it is often hard for me to take people like you on this forum seriously.

Is that why many car manufactures are targeting sub 12 seconds 1/4 mile with their performance line of vehicles such as BMW M, AMG MB, GTR, Corvette ZR1/Z06, Audi S, etc?

And through out the history of NSX, the only "NA" NSX I know that can do sub 12 second 1/4 mile/400m are the JGTC NSX. Not a single NA NSX in the world had that claim... well, until this thread.

It is always nice to read about "what I have accomplished" statements when it has nothing to do with the topic. If you want to talk about dragsters, please start a new thread in off topic, I'm sure you will have plenty of people discuss the subject with you, but not here.

Great job, please tell me more about your daily driver 7.x second dragster. I love the story.:rolleyes: I WILL TAKE YOU VERY SERIOUS!!!:cool:

BMI had and NSX go 12.47 stock, heres the link, its about 19:00 on the first clip http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-0...me-4-Roaring-VTEC-The-Battles-at-10000RPM.htm and there car's have 280hp regulations

Last edited:
cb169 congrats on your times!its good 2 see people drag there nsx'S
I MENTIONED from the beginning no nos,i also mentioned that i drag my car on the all motor class,the car has been checked by fiaa on all the races it has enetered( all cars that finish 1st )get checked for anything!i have posted videos,time slips etc i also mentioned all checks ar welcomed from anyone in the 2009 season + they could vaccation to greece in the same time! season starts april -november! my goal is better times than last year!:smile:

Costa, since you're still checking this thread, would you mind saying:

1) whether your car has ITBs
2) whether your car still has a displacement of 2977 cc's
3) exactly what kind of 117 octane race fuel you use on the track
4) whether you agree with the online 1/4 mile calculator you recommended, which states that your car has 361 rwhp since it achieved a 119.5 mph trap speed in the 1/4 mile

I hope to hear from you!

With enough nos i could make my push mower run 11s. The point here is that its questionable wheather or not Costa ran 3 consecutive runs of mid 11.7s WITHOUT nos. Pay attention.

Biscuit I wana see your mower do 11 sec:biggrin:

The point is some guys abuse their NSX and lose compression then complain when they can't match other numbers.
All about power to weight ratio, the rate of acceleration changes dramatically when Nos is introduced.

CB169 said:
US NSX's are the heaviest because of the crash test regulations here, all of the other NSX's outside the US dont have front and rear crash beams and who know's what else, thats why they are always lighter in the BMI video's

A lot of high performance cars going to Middle east do not have emission control devices which further improve performance and reduce weight.

most online calculators are off, I been dragging for 15years and always played with those calculators and they are always wrong

Biscuit I wana see your mower do 11 sec:biggrin:

The point is some guys abuse their NSX and lose compression then complain when they can't match other numbers.
All about power to weight ratio, the rate of acceleration changes dramatically when Nos is introduced.

A lot of high performance cars going to Middle east do not have emission control devices which further improve performance and reduce weight.

At 2570 lbs (OP quoted 2710 lbs w/driver-assume he weighs only 140 lbs), you will have removed things that are wayyyy beyond the emissions and Al bumper differences mentioned earlier. Novice change ups such as the carbon fiber seats and lightweight battery that the OP mentioned are just the beginning of a serious weight reduction endeavor, already heavily covered on the weight reduction thread. Do I believe 11.730 is possible with a 2710 lb NXx with 340 rwhp? Absolutely. Do I believe Costa ran a 11.730? Yes. Do I believe he did it in pure NA trim without any fuel enhancement? Definitely not.

Regards,

Danny

How many wheel horsepower would a 2710 lb NSX need to achieve a 119.5 mph trap speed? Are the 361 that costa's recommended online calculator spits out overstated?

Andreas,

My mistake. 360rwhp is correct according to the referred site.

Regards,

Danny

How many wheel horsepower would a 2710 lb NSX need to achieve a 119.5 mph trap speed? Are the 361 that costa's recommended online calculator spits out overstated?

I think an NSX can get his times with 325whp +-10, given the car weighs 2710 with driver

"The point is some guys abuse their NSX and lose compression then complain when they can't match other numbers.
All about power to weight ratio, the rate of acceleration changes dramatically when Nos is introduced."

Uhhh, what? Are we involved in the same conversation? Im very aware of how nos works, ive ran it.

The point to THIS conversation is that some believe that its highly unlikely that costa ran the times that he did wihout some type of contribution that would no longer make it n/a.

BMI had and NSX go 12.47 stock, heres the link, its about 19:00 on the first clip http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-0...me-4-Roaring-VTEC-The-Battles-at-10000RPM.htm and there car's have 280hp regulations
A NSX-Type S-Zero did that number completely stock. Keep in mind that the Type S Zero was about 2700 lbs with 3.2 liter and six speed transmission.

Their 280hp regulation is just a gentleman's rule. All cars had to be published with that number regardless the true HP.

12.4x vs 11.7x is eternity.

Let's see a 3.0 NA running 108 ..... based on everything previously posted on Prime should dyno around 260 to get that trap speed. Let's add a 75 NOS shot .... also based on Prime posts generally adds the full amount to the rwhp number.

So 75 + 260 is 335 and gives a trap speed of 117. Costa claims 119.5 so given 10hp for everyone 1 trap speed increase (not entirely accurate as higher trap speeds require more power) but let's keep it simple......2.5 trap speed increase so 25hp.

335 + 25 is 360......exactly what the horsepower calculator states. This is not rocket science if you input the correct numbers (rwhp and full weight with driver) those on-line calculators are fairly accurate.

While Costa claims to weigh much less... the above numbers are conservative....260 could be 270 and the correct horsepower to achieve 119.5 more plus that 75 shot is acting more like a 100 shot. --- Also everywhere else on Prime 355rwhp is required for a 117 trap speed given a NSX w/100 to 150lbs weight reduction.

The role of weight diminishes as trap speed increases ..... you need the power to push against drag.

Those Type-Ss and Type-Rs are closer to 330hp.

Last edited:
Let's see a 3.0 NA running 108 ..... based on everything previously posted on Prime should dyno around 260 to get that trap speed. Let's add a 75 NOS shot .... also based on Prime posts generally adds the full amount to the rwhp number.

So 75 + 260 is 335 and gives a trap speed of 117. Costa claims 119.5 so given 10hp for everyone 1 trap speed increase (not entirely accurate as higher trap speeds require more power) but let's keep it simple......2.5 trap speed increase so 25hp.

335 + 25 is 360......exactly what the horsepower calculator states. This is not rocket science if you input the correct numbers (rwhp and full weight with driver) those on-line calculators are fairly accurate.

While Costa claims to weigh much less... the above numbers are conservative....260 could be 270 and the correct horsepower to achieve 119.5 more plus that 75 shot is acting more like a 100 shot. --- Also everywhere else on Prime 355rwhp is required for a 117 trap speed given a NSX w/100 to 150lbs weight reduction.

The role of weight diminishes as trap speed increases ..... you need the power to push against drag.

Those Type-Ss and Type-Rs are closer to 330hp.

I've seen 117mph with 330whp 2960 pounds with driver

Last edited:
Back