• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who is the oldest NSX owner that still drives their car regularly?

Have to reply, 80 this year, and still PTL at the wheel, new Conti's on the car this year, almost as quiet as my big sedan until we unleash the VTECH. Still a kid at heart, but with the added years, comes sensitivity and common sense (imagine that ) toning the pressure on the right pedal, the temperature of the engine, and the gear selection, to the challenge and response of the moment.

Excellent, I have some time left if you are the example.

As a matter of interest, which Conti tire did you install? The Bridgestone RE760 summer tires on my car seem to to be getting really noisy as they age. My Son recently installed the Conti DWS06 all season on his Acura RSX and said they made a huge difference to road noise so I was thinking about giving those a try.

Just turned 80... still lovin' it !!
H-

63 but did stop daily driving it 3 years ago. Still drive it every weekend. Have put 131K miles of smiles on it in the 12 years of ownership.:biggrin:

Old guy,
They are the all seasons 06's, apparently the ones, (didn't opt for the summer only at the suggestion of the guys at Tire Rack) your son has, and I love em' A bit squirrely until we drove enough to remove whatever the mold release compound is, (about 300 miles) but now for an all season, quiet, sticky enough to do the cloverleafs at 35-40 over suggested, (don't do this at home, one of my tests) and the Uey under the test bridge at full throttle in second without a squeak or a slip.

Thinking and being thankful and grateful, we learned to fly many years ago, and it made a major difference in driving as well. The mind can be trained to function even at an old age. Key areas, situational awareness and cockpit management.

Gave up the 3rd dimension when we realized that spatial disoreintation is something that has to be managed and the aging process isn't kind. One has to be humble and wise enough to recognize their limitations. I'm only hopeful I'll be wise enough to turn in my keys rather than having my kids take them away, when it's time.

Last edited:
Back