• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who, like me, knew since its first appearance that one day you would buy an NSX?

I have like them since I saw them in magazines. I finally got to see one in person around 94. I know since the very beginning I wanted one. I was in college when they came out and could not afford one then. I finally was able to buy one last July. I have enjoyed every minute with my car. I would not trade it for anything. Well maybe a next gen NSX
smile.gif

Jim

It was 1991 and I was shopping for my first new car and went to an Acura dealer in New Orleans to look at the Integra. My dad and I were walking up to the showroom and I saw a black/black NSX, just unloaded from the truck, sitting near the service entrance.
My jaw dropped and I remember saying, "What's THAT!?" Looked at it really good and thought that one day I would love to have a car like that. I ended up with a 91 Honda Accord 2dr as my first car.
Two years later my best friends older brother bought a 93 Blk/Blk NSX and I got to go for a ride. I was DEFINITELY hooked.
I finally got my NSX in Feb, 2001...right at 10 years of waiting! It was worth the wait - I love my NSX.

I was in college.Studying in "rockstar 101".My walk to the train was past an Acura dealership on the corner.There it was a red new NSX on a rotating base.I walked up w/ my 25 dollar a week budget (for food in college).Looked at a 70k price tag and said to myself (self) .You can have this.Just not yet.Some how years later when I was looking for a car the thought came back.Except it was "I can do this NOW" ....And thats where it started.
PS... It was my fiance's idea about the NSX I was looking at Ferrari,Lotus,etc...
Given the price range I was in the NSX was the smartest choice I could have made ..
NO REGRETS "EVER" .
Later I wa searching for another daily driver .
Here was the criteria
No kids (not that that would stop me but I do understand it does stop some because of financial limits)
I own my home.
I own my company.(write it off!!)
I have little tolerance for unreliable autos.
They look great!!
My fiance' would love another one(big help)
You only live once.
30-40k cash to spend.
OK .....Lets do it!! WWW.MYNSX.COM

Wow, great stories guys. I am still waiting to buy my own NSX.
smile.gif
For now I will settle with S2000, but I WILL own NSX in the future.

Originally posted by effer:
Back to '86 do you still have stuff from that year?

There isn't anything to have, other than a copy of the receipt for my deposit. The magazines didn't have full-blown articles about the car. It was merely a small blurb that Honda/Acura was working on developing a sports car, that it might cost the then-outrageous price of $25,000 (remember, no Japanese car had cost as much as $20K at that time), and that it might be a twin turbo.

The prototype NS-X (its designation was hyphenated) was first introduced on the auto show circuit in '89, and magazine articles abounded. The first release of memorabilia began after the car was introduced in late summer, 1990. And yes, I have quite a bit of that terrific stuff. Two of my favorites are framed posters that Acura made (I think for its dealer showrooms) with terrific shots of the NSX. One is a head-on shot that has a line at the bottom that says, "Acura would like to make the following statement." The other has a shot of an NSX in motion and says, "What good is adrenalin if you can't tap into it every now and then?"

I hate to admit it (and I don't think I'm alone in this forum)-- that since it's appearance, I made a promise to myself that the NSX would be the car that I would be driving as I neared retirement. Now, more than a decade since I first admired the NSX from afar, I decided two years ago to that I had waited long enough. I've ownd Corvettes, Porsches, RX7s, Mustangs, a Triumph GT6, an Opel GT (I'm really dating myself now). So, it's not a mid-life crisis-- but a fantasy turned reality. The NSX is sport, class, excitement, exotic, fun and reliable, a word rarely associated with such road worthy accolades. As the previous entry noted, "you only live once." Yeah, some days it's hard to climb down into or hoist my bones out of my NSX, but I'm happy-- and isn't that all that matters?

Larry T

Back