• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WHOA 242,000 miles NSX on ebay jh4na1150mt003020

Wow, please pictures ..... Congrats!
Oscar
here are the pictures from the seller
DSC04093-2.jpg

can anybody tell me the exact name of these wheels?
DSC04092.jpg

DSC04059.jpg

IMGP0602.jpg

DSC04082.jpg

DSC02972.jpg

DSC02969.jpg

DSC01707.jpg

i also got my cop friend to check the tags for thi's car's address for legitimacy and it's good

here are the pictures from the seller

can anybody tell me the exact name of these wheels?

IMGP0602.jpg

i also got my cop friend to check the tags for thi's car's address for legitimacy and it's good

No, but I think I went to school with this guy. He looked different then....

WOW!! That looks like a really nice car. I have been looking for a nice set of used OZ Mito Modular wheels like that for a while. Really great looking wheel.

We have to see odometer pics! I just love to see an NSX with high mileage. :)

Congrats on the purchase!

You know for such high mileage (compared to what we all see here on Prime) it appears to be in great shape. Keep us posted on this new purchase and enjoy her (the car as I presume the gal isn't being sold with the car? Too bad...)

Jetpilot

Re: WHOA 242,000 miles NSX on ebay ...

Honda claims 30 years for the NSX's aluminum chassis structural integrity.

They thought that would be the service life of planes. There are still 1935 DC3 s in service. I bought my 93 from the original owner with 215,000 miles on it. I then drove it from California to Florida. It doesn't drip a drop of oil. The body has no stress cracks and looks like new from the bottom. The previous owner replaced the engine at 168,000 miles instead of repairing a main bearing. I think the corrosion protection is better than most planes. I feel the true service life of the body is closer to 60 years. These cars are going to outlive the owners unless it gets destroyed in an accident.

John

would this handle twin turbo?:biggrin:
hahah i will do a compression test when i t gets here.

Motul engine oil from France can handle anything. You know how North American standard of synthetic oil is different than the European standard. North American synthetic standard is when the oil base is not synthetic and they add synthetic additives in it and then they call it 100% as for European standards the oil base is synthetic and they add synthetic additives therefore making a true 100% synthetic oil.

Ester is a molecule from the synthetic base that lubricates your whole engine even when the car is stopped so when you start the car you do not have to worry about cold starts because all parts are always lubricated. It is like a super molecule for your supercar. It does cost more than other synthetic oils. Since you have a highmileage NSX should do wonders to your engine as in protection and you can feel a difference compared to North American made synthetic oils in terms of smoothness. Look at the 300V version for track use. I use the 8100 e-tech. Here is the website for Canada you can search for distributors in the US. Enjoy! :biggrin:

http://www.motul-canada.com/main.htm

Nice find!! Congrats. Hope it all works out!

Hopefully he has not had the bra on for all those miles.:eek:
hmmm idk..i would rather have that bra on since since the beginning than being there just to hide damages...

why, do you think the paint faded and when i take off the bra (i want it off asap) the front wont match the car anymore?

im gonna take the bra off and im gonna fabricate my own exhaust for it when it gets here :biggrin:

hmmm idk..i would rather have that bra on since since the beginning than being there just to hide damages...

why, do you think the paint faded and when i take off the bra (i want it off asap) the front wont match the car anymore?

im gonna take the bra off and im gonna fabricate my own exhaust for it when it gets here :biggrin:

Well, as the UV rays of the sun fade the paint, your bumper and bra covered area would not fade at the same rate as the rest of the paint. In other words, your bumper would be really red, and the rest of the car would be a lighter shade of red that would not match.

Is the sweet girl part of the car auction? :tongue:

I'd let it run 666'666 miles or 1 mio. miles and would it donnate to the Honda museum if they're interested. No turbo project or other boy-racer stuff please with this car. :tongue:

I'm so glad someone on here bought that car. It looks like it was well taken care of. That's what matters. Miles on the clock are just a number. With these cars, (and most Hondas), I think the miles are irrelivant. I'd rather remove the odometer all together and have it replaced with a "has this vehicle been taken care of" gauge. :smile:

The good thing about high mileage NSXs is that you can drive them as much as you want to without thinking about the mileage...

Sounds like a good deal if it's in useable condition!

Well, as the UV rays of the sun fade the paint, your bumper and bra covered area would not fade at the same rate as the rest of the paint. In other words, your bumper would be really red, and the rest of the car would be a lighter shade of red that would not match.

And some people leave it on so much that water, dirt, leaves, etc... all collect under there and do far more damage than good.

And some people leave it on so much that water, dirt, leaves, etc... all collect under there and do far more damage than good.

Yep! My wife did that to one of our cars. The dirt got under there and acted like sandpaper on the paint. :(

i MAY consider selling these wheels..how much would u like to offer?

yeah thats what i meant.:biggrin:
hope it wont be though..

Back