• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Who's the mechanic of choice in the LA Area?

up around LA would be Rob from Speed Oracle (Ron98) up in Valencia.

There are two good ones in Orange County:

Autowave in Huntington Beach
Niguel Motors in Laguna Hills

However, there's really nothing unusual about the brake system on the NSX. Any top-notch independent mechanic should be able to do just about any maintenance on the NSX brakes.

My vote is for Ramon at Niguel Motors in south OC.

Oh man... Valencia and Orange County is farther than i'd care to drive. However, if I must I will. I live in Pasadena and commute to Brentwood.

Has anyone worked with John Martin? He was recommended from a friend (not on this forum).

Last edited:
It's up to you. Rob does a great job, takes his time, and doesn't markup prices. Ramon is the same way, he's just super quick/efficient. Autowave is good, just so darn expensive.

SpeedOracle --> Fendi
Niguel Motors --> Coach
Autowave --> Louis Vuitton

John Martin... I believe he has the stroked out NSX. Haven't had any experience with him.

Jon Martin at Cerritos Acura is who I go to.

Ramon or Autowave is also good in OC if you go out that way.

I bring my car to Ramon at Niguel Motors. He's 60 miles away but worth the trip. Give him a call 949 348 2476. Goodluck!

Autowave

If you want it done right. I have never once had a problem when they work on my cars. Always done right the first time and they tell you what they are doing and why.

Autowave

If you want it done right. I have never once had a problem when they work on my cars. Always done right the first time and they tell you what they are doing and why.

Vamp, I second that. I live in Valencia and I drive down to Autowave too. Yes, they may be a little more but they get the job done right.... THE FIRST TIME. There are places that are closer, but the time and hassle of dealing with local mechanics is not worth the savings. I know it will be fixed right the first time, and I will not have to make three trips backs to another place to have them try and fix the problem.

If you have plenty of free time on your hands try the local people, or otherwise go to Ramon at Niguel Motors, or Autowave. You will not regret either of these places.

Basically there are no good NSX shops in LA, they are all in orange county or in Santa Clarita. If it's basic stuff like pads and rotors, then an independent acura/honda shop may be able to do that.

If it is more exotic, like replacing the NA1 ABS with the NA2, then I would go to any of the aforementioned shops.

Basically there are no good NSX shops in LA, they are all in orange county or in Santa Clarita. If it's basic stuff like pads and rotors, then an independent acura/honda shop may be able to do that.

If it is more exotic, like replacing the NA1 ABS with the NA2, then I would go to any of the aforementioned shops.

Cerritos is in LA County and Jon Martin is one of the most qualified guys out there.

For Acura car sales though I would recommend Matt Piercey at Planet Acura.

I always go to Jon Martin. Have done so since he was the NSX Tech at Power Acura in Torrance and continue to do so even though he moved to Cerritos Acura (Power Acura is only a few minutes from my house).

And he drives a bad a$$ NSX too.

Last edited:
Hey no problem bro....Jon is a real stand up guy and very very knowledgeable about the NSX. You won't be disappointed with him.

Back