• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why do caucasian people like chromed wheels?

I don't think it's a big deal. When people are able to just ask questions without worrying about some PC repercussion... that's when things will be great. Not when you have to make sure everything is worded appropriately.

agree

I am black, doesn't have an NSX yet, but hate chrome on cars.....That might be my caribbean touch? :biggrin:

Im Black and I hate chrome on any car, truck, bike.......anything. I think its so 90's. color matched wheels and gunmetal are the way to go.

I can't believe this thread is still alive. Yea, even I contributed my bit of sarcasm. Now, if we can just funnel some of this energy into something more productive like car meets and road trips, our NSX community will be a little better for it.

Just a little tongue-in-cheek comment (nothing sexual mind you). I suppose there is nothing wrong from a little mindless fun now and then. I just can't believe some of the stuff that gets posted on this great site. Check out the "delete" thread in the 'off topic' folder if you haven't been to that one. Sheesh!

I'm caucasian and I like chrome. Chrome looks great and it's easy to clean and shine. I get lots of compliments on my HRE chrome wheels.

IMG_2195.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

IMG_2208a.JPG

Beautiful car and awesome wheel choice! (Even for a whitie. :wink:)

GUYS! Can you stop using the derogatory term "cracker"?!? I’m pretty sure they prefer to be called Honky.

Cracker's are predominately in the Southeast. A honky can be from anywhere, o-tay?

I’m just another Square Saltine that don’t like chromed wheels, and felt the need to say so!

Moderator - i think this thread is counterproductive to the enhancement of NSX ownership. Please Delete.

Beautiful car and awesome wheel choice! (Even for a whitie. :wink:)

Yes, I really like the simplicity and elegant of the wheel. I think chrome looks good on elegantly done wheels. When the wheel is too complex and noisey, the chrome is too much.

Actually there are alot of cars at Tokyo Auto Salon that run chrome. I guess its like JDM bling. I think some wheels look good in chrome like Works VS XX.

My buddies car:

img_1792.jpg

Guys we are straying off topic..to aleviate any chance of dreaded doubters:wink: we need picks of us caucasian dudes next to the chrome wheels:tongue:

This is a VERY RETARDED topic but i'll chime in ,,, :) ...

Te whole "chrome" think is not really about "race" white/african american/white spanish/asian/native ... I believe is more cultural than anything, United Stated is seen as NOTORIOUS for loving Chrome, just check F1 vs Indy per example:

F1:
2151953170_fab5e837e0.jpg

p75856_large+Target_Chip_Ganassi_Racing_G_Force_Indy_Car+Right_Side_View.jpg

those are two examples of classic open wheel cars, for me, it's OK ,, i don't really care, I like GUNMETAL and that's it ... I lived in Brazil 12 years and visited many other countries .. and the first thing I did notice on cars when i arrived the first time was, WOW, CHROME EVERYWHERE ... even on car trim ..

People love Chrome in this country, more than others, has anything to do with race? NO ... is there anything wrong about Chrome? NO .... do I like, "not really" do i hate, nope, but if I got a car with chrome wheels, i would quickly have them powder coated Gun Metal :D

Cheers!
Oscar

Because chrome OEMs look better than grey on a black car...IMO

CIMG3725.JPG

After skimming through this thread, I want my 3 minutes back. :tongue:

:eek:

Didn't think a topic like this would stir up so many people

I guess the topic should have said "Why do SOME people chromed wheels?"

You brought ethnicity into the question and whenever you do that, it will always trigger and stir up the "defense" mode in people. As for your topic question, I don't think it has anything to do with ethnicity but more on "perceived trends" in certain locations. When someone observes certain stylin for a long enough period of time, they too will just follow the same trends and think it's they only way to do things.

kinda like this community....most won't step out of the box of OEM and just want to mod their cars with nothing but more expensive OEM parts, because they feel that is the way to go without getting stones thrown at them.

I would say that here in the UK at least, most people do not go for chrome, but a few ones who like bling or USDM style go for it.

this lot also likes Chrome!

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/mx/

Also most people tend to keep wheels to a sensible size for our pothole roads ( no bigger than 18 ) but hey we can't all like the same things!

Cheers,

AR

Back