• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why do caucasian people like chromed wheels?

I dont really want black wheels. Let me have your bronze...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If you are mixed race,I figure you get to choose spoke color,different than center cap color or outer lip!!!Hmmmmm I think we may be on to something bigger than you me and the OP.:redface:

What's up with all of the hatin' on chrome? I like chrome wheels. Just depends on the wheel and the car. I also like tennis and golf, but I don't want to get off topic. :wink:

Some of the factory wheels had chrome as an option.....like everyone said.....just toss the wheels or get them powdercoated if you don't like the chrome.......otherwise

bling bling! :biggrin:

I've never liked chrome at all (I like gold even less though). When I bought my NSX the first thing I wanted to do was get rid of the chromed 02 wheels and get something else.. HOWEVER after living with them for a while they've actually grown on me to the point where I might just keep them indefinitely. I never thought I'd say that.

I think they work on a car which is kept clean. My daily driver would never work with chrome wheels.

Cozmo,
I think the chrome wheels w/ your Sebring Silver work well. You should keep them.

I believe that your wheel should reflect the color of your skin...So I must now get me some white wheels......:confused:

I will be installing red wheels on the 360 tomorrow as I plan on driving the 360 on Thursday with the top down and I have lilly white skin which fry's like a steak on a hot grill. :biggrin:

I will be installing red wheels on the 360 tomorrow as I plan on driving the 360 on Thursday with the top down and I have lilly white skin which fry's like a steak on a hot grill. :biggrin:

Steve your post has me going into a new exciting direction...mood wheels.Think about it.Now as you are cruising ,chicks and dudes can tell if you are wanting to throw down or be a lover rocking your lamborghini.....

Oh I forgot to mention Silver cars look good with polished or chrome wheels.....Steve Riters silver NSX actually looks clean with his Azev 5 star wheels......

as a cracker myself..chrome DOES NOT belong on a aluminum sports car..especially the engine bay nevermind the wheels... looks cheap

Chrome looks good on a Harley and 18 wheeler thats it

Out here the only cars with chrome rims are either donks with 24's or trucks with 24's, or the "hip hop thump" crowd. Most imports (especially the wrx crowd) have bronze rims or polished aluminum, or some god awful bright color powder coated.

I'm white.

My car is offwhite and black. But I don't have any african american relatives.

My current wheels are BLACK :confused: with a Chrome Lip :confused:

NSX4thofjuly015.jpg

My old wheels for a couple months were chrome :biggrin:

1.jpg

I must be having an identity crisis :eek: :biggrin:

I'm yellow and I do like chrome. Planning on getting Work Meister S1 2-piece with white spokes.

You mean like this guy???

west-siiide.jpg

:tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

Chrome = another thing for spots to show up on, hence more to clean.

No thanks.

Oh wait...I'm not white...disregard. Might have to powder coat my Volks to Filipino Brown based on this thread now. That or steal some of the Bronze Volks which are close enough. :wink::tongue::biggrin:

I knew I wasn't white. I kept TELLING people that. FINALLY, some PROOF. Any chance you can notarize something and send it over? For some reason people keep getting hung up on the german blood and blond hair?!

I kept thinking that maybe Prime had degraded over the past decade or so (not my first user ID) but we're BACK! Power to the people! Asian Pride! West SIDE! Down with whitey!

Hang on, what race am I now? I'm confused again. I need to know so that I can 'reconnect with my roots' and properly stereotype all the rest of you.

Last edited:
+1...IMO, keep the chrome wheels off all the sports cars.

Jeff

AMEN. For God sakes if your car (NSX) has chrome wheels, you've ruined the look. Everytime you walk outside to get in it, understand that only the ignorant group of citizens you pass by will think it looks good. I swear to God if someone handed me the most expensive set of wheels they could find and were chrome, I wouldn't for one second consider installing them on my car. Oh yeah, I'm "caucasian" by the way. I only say this because our cars are too rare to f'up with this poor styling choice.

This thread has inspired me to throw my Gold Advans back on to match the color of my skin. By the middle of summer, I'll throw on the Bronze.

:eek:

Didn't think a topic like this would stir up so many people

I guess the topic should have said "Why do SOME people chromed wheels?"

Back