• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why I Have A Gun

My old grandpa said to me, “Son, there comes a time in every man’s life when he stops bustin’ knuckles and starts bustin’ caps and usually it’s when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin’.”
I don’t have a gun to kill people. I have a gun to keep from being killed.
I don’t have a gun to scare people. I have a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.
I don’t have a gun because I’m paranoid. I have a gun because there are real threats in the world.
I don’t have a gun because I’m evil. I have a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.
I don’t have a gun because I hate the government. I have a gun because I understand the limitations of government.
I don’t have a gun because I’m angry. I have a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.
I don’t have a gun because I want to shoot someone. I have a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.
I don’t have a gun because I’m a cowboy. I have a gun because, when I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.
I don’t have a gun to make me feel like a man. I have a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.
I don’t have a gun because I feel inadequate. I have a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.
I don’t have a gun because I love it. I have a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.
“Police Protection” is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.
Personally, I carry a gun because I’m too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin’.
• Author Unknown

I don’t have a gun because I’m evil. I have a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.
I don’t have a gun because I hate the government. I have a gun because I understand the limitations of government.
I don’t have a gun because I’m angry. I have a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

These 3 and the last one of the 3 make me think of things that could have gone wrong.

Thanks Guys

I have a gun so that I can train with it, so that I can be better at my job, which requires me to carry a gun. I believe it would be irresponsible to be "adequate" with a gun. Either be an excellent shot, or don't pull the trigger.

My old grandpa said to me, “Son, there comes a time in every man’s life when he stops bustin’ knuckles and starts bustin’ caps and usually it’s when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin’.”

I don’t have a gun to make me feel like a man. I have a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

Personally, I carry a gun because I’m too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin’.

I grew up around firearms and in fact, own firearms. I am a firm believer in the constitutional right to own firearms. But to be honest, I have a real problem with these three quotes above...

This is far too simplistic in and of itself but I honestly think a sizable portion of gun violence today is because the males carrying the guns aren't, in fact, men. Men who get in disagreements with other men can have a fight between them without being chicken shit and pulling out firearms. Males who would rather pull a gun then stand and fight aren't men... IMO.

Unfortunately far too many males in America today don't feel that way. It's far easier to "be a man" and brandish a firearm than it is to stand toe to toe and deal with your issues.

I'm not saying that it's manly to face three attackers and take a beating. I am saying that "tough guys" that feel slighted by words or actions and immediately pull a gun are not men.

I hope that makes sense.

I think if everyone in society carried a gun, people's attitudes would quickly change for the better. Just my .02

Unfortunately far too many males in America today don't feel that way. It's far easier to "be a man" and brandish a firearm than it is to stand toe to toe and deal with your issues.

My Dad, who is very anti gun, took me out and bought me a .45 after Danny Rolling killed 5 college students within a few miles of where I was going to school. He camped 1/2 mile in the woods behind my apartment.

They all stood toe to toe with him and died. None had a firearm.

Last edited:
I grew up around firearms and in fact, own firearms. I am a firm believer in the constitutional right to own firearms. But to be honest, I have a real problem with these three quotes above...

This is far too simplistic in and of itself but I honestly think a sizable portion of gun violence today is because the males carrying the guns aren't, in fact, men. Men who get in disagreements with other men can have a fight between them without being chicken shit and pulling out firearms. Males who would rather pull a gun then stand and fight aren't men... IMO.

I'm not saying that it's manly to face three attackers and take a beating. I am saying that "tough guys" that feel slighted by words or actions and immediately pull a gun are not men.

I hope that makes sense.

I agree that pulling a gun on someone calling me names or for hitting me is chicken sh*t. A short story.

I've been in a fight just a year ago with a small Smith "J" 13oz 357mag in my cargo shorts at a night club. After 32 witnesses were questioned. I had to also file a complaint and at the start I showed the Officer my ID and CCW Permit before unloading my gun. The perp did in fact throw the first punch. I was hit square in the face. I defended myself (luck having so many people in the place for witnesses) and I helped put him into an Ambulance (he had a concussion) lucky he was/is a Felony drug user, dealer in and out of jail, rehab or I'm sure I would have had to spend money on an Attorney.

As it all worked out I didn't need my gun that night but had I been jumped in the parking lot by several people maybe so. If I was fast and my training worked I might get to live another day :redface:

I want to live. I want to be free and not live in fear. I will and have helped others if I need to.

At first the Police just knew I started the fight but as the people started telling how it happened I was treated with respect for having so much restraint and not using my pistol.

You don't know who I am or my caracter. I just don't know how you got so much from 3-4 sentence :confused:

BTW: In know way do I want to make assumptions about you and I hope you were not doing the same.

Thanks for reading, Jeff

Not to be cliche, but:
A well armed society is a polite society.

My Dad, who is very anti gun, took me out and bought me a .45 after Danny Rolling killed 5 college students within a few miles of where I was going to school. He camped 1/2 mile in the woods behind my apartment.

They all stood toe to toe with him and died. None had a firearm.

This situation you reference is not what I meant to discuss.

I'm talking about two men getting into it in a bar. They step outside. Rather than going toe to toe, one pulls a knife or a gun.

Pulling a gun in this case because "you're too old to take an ass whoopin" is not manly.

Again, I'm pro gun. I own firearms. But I think a lot of gun fatalities in the US today are caused because gang bangers and other assorted douche bags aren't man enough to "duke it out" and instead they take the chicken shit route and pull a gun.

This situation you reference is not what I meant to discuss.

I'm talking about two men getting into it in a bar. They step outside. Rather than going toe to toe, one pulls a knife or a gun.

Pulling a gun in this case because "you're too old to take an ass whoopin" is not manly.

Again, I'm pro gun. I own firearms. But I think a lot of gun fatalities in the US today are caused because gang bangers and other assorted douche bags aren't man enough to "duke it out" and instead they take the chicken shit route and pull a gun.

Back in college years, this is why I quit getting into fist fights (btw, I never started them either).

We live in a world where a preacher was shot and killed while giving his sermon just last month.

This wasn't a bar, or a dark alley somewhere- it was a Church!

I have no problem with the idea that a sane person should be allowed to carry a firearm- because there appear to be plenty of insane folks carrying them, and I appreciate an equal playing field.

P

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a single year, 3,012 children and teens were killed by gunfire in the United States, according to the latest national data released in 2002. That is one child every three hours; eight children every day; and more than 50 children every week. And every year, at least 4 to 5 times as many kids and teens suffer from non-fatal firearm injuries. (Children's Defense Fund and National Center for Health Statistics) [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]America and Gun Violence
American children are more at risk from firearms than the children of any other industrialized nation. In one year, firearms killed no children in Japan, 19 in Great Britain, 57 in Germany, 109 in France, 153 in Canada, and 5,285 in the United States. (Centers for Disease Control)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guns in the Wrong Hands[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Faulty records enable terrorists, illegal aliens and criminals to purchase guns. Over a two and a half-year period, at least 9,976 convicted felons and other illegal buyers in 46 states obtained guns because of inadequate records. (Broken Records, Americans for Gun Safety Foundation)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]School Safety[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Between 1994 and 1999, there were 220 school associated violent events resulting in 253 deaths - - 74.5% of these involved firearms. Handguns caused almost 60% of these deaths. (Journal of American Medical Association, December 2001) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In 1998-99 academic year, 3,523 students were expelled for bringing a firearm to school. This is a decrease from the 5,724 students expelled in 1996-97 for bringing a firearm to school. (U.S. Department of Education, October 2000) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nearly 8% of adolescents in urban junior and senior high schools miss at least one day of school each month because they are afraid to attend. (National Mental Health & Education Center for Children & Families, National Association of School Psychologists 1998) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The National School Boards Association estimates that more than 135,000 guns are brought into U.S. schools each day. (NSBA, 1993)
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Children and Gun Violence[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]America is losing too many children to gun violence. Between 1979 and 2001, gunfire killed 90,000 children and teens in America. (Children's Defense Fund and National Center for Health Statistics) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In one year, more children and teens died from gunfire than from cancer, pneumonia, influenza, asthma, and HIV/AIDS combined. (Children's Defense Fund) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The rate of firearm deaths among kids under age 15 is almost 12 times higher in the United States than in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]America and Gun Violence [/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Every day, more than 80 Americans die from gun violence. (Coalition to Stop Gun Violence) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The rate of firearm deaths among kids under age 15 is almost 12 times higher in the United States than in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]American kids are 16 times more likely to be murdered with a gun, 11 times more likely to commit suicide with a gun, and nine times more likely to die from a firearm accident than children in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guns in the Wrong Hands[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Americans for Gun Safety produced a 2003 report that reveals that 20 of the nation’s 22 national gun laws are not enforced. According to U.S. Department of Justice data (FY 2000-2002), only 2% of federal gun crimes were actually prosecuted. Eighty-five percent of cases prosecuted relate to street criminals in possession of firearms. Ignored are laws intended to punish illegal gun trafficking, firearm theft, corrupt gun dealers, lying on a criminal background check form, obliterating firearm serial numbers, selling guns to minors and possessing a gun in a school zone. To access The Enforcement Gap: Federal Gun Laws Ignored, visit http://w3.agsfoundation.com/. For a state-by-state chart of gun crimes (FY 2000-2002), click here.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Studies show that 1 percent of gun stores sell the weapons traced to 57 percent of gun crimes. According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), the dealer that armed the DC area sniper is among this small group of problem gun dealers that "supply the suppliers" who funnel guns to the nation's criminals. (Between 1997 and 2001, guns sold by this dealer were involved in 52 crimes, including homicides, kidnappings and assaults. Still open today, it also can't account for 238 guns or say whether they were stolen, lost or sold, or if their buyers underwent felony-background checks.) As a result, these few gun dealers have a vastly disproportionate impact on public safety. The ATF can recognize such dealers based on: (1) guns stolen from inventory; (2) missing federal sales records, needed by police to solve crimes; (3) having 10 weapons a year traced to crimes; (4) frequently selling multiple guns to individual buyers; and (5) short times between gun sales and their involvement in crimes. Yet ATF enforcement is weak due to a lack of Congressional support and resources. For more details, click here.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Terrorists have purchased firearms at gun shows, where unlicensed sellers are not currently required to conduct background checks or to ask for identification. According to the Middle East Intelligence Report, for example, a Hezbollah member was arrested in November 2000, after a nine-month investigation by the FBI's counter-terrorism unit. Ali Boumelhem was later convicted on seven counts of weapons charges and conspiracy to ship weapons and ammunition to Lebanon. Federal agents had observed Boumelhem, a resident of Detroit and Beirut, travel to Michigan gun shows and buy gun parts and ammunition for shipment overseas. Boumelhem was prohibited from legally purchasing guns as gun stores because he was a convicted felon. Additional cases involve a Pakistani national with an expired (1988) student visa; a Lebanese native and Hamas member with numerous felony convictions; and a supporter of the Irish Republican Army. (USA Today, Wednesday, November 28, 2001 Americans for Gun Safety)[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]According to Americans for Gun Safety (December 2002), gun theft is most likely in states without laws requiring safe storage of firearms in the home and where there are large numbers of gun owners and relatively high crime rates. Based on FBI data, nearly 1.7 million guns have been reported stolen in the past ten years, and only 40% of those were recovered. The missing guns, over 80% of which are taken from homes or cars, most likely fuel the black market for criminals. NEA, AGS and the National Rifle Association advocate for safe storage. To access "Stolen Guns: Arming the Enemy" visit www.agsfoundation.com.[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The American Medical Association reports that between 36% and 50% of male eleventh graders believe that they could easily get a gun if they wanted one. [/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In 1998-99 academic year, 3,523 students were expelled for bringing a firearm to school. This is a decrease from the 5,724 students expelled in 1996-97 for bringing a firearm to school. (U.S. Department of Education, October 2000) [/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]According to a report by the Joshephson Institute of Ethics (2000 Report Card: Report #1), 60% of high school and 31% of middle school boys said they could get a gun if they wanted to (April, 2001).[/FONT]

Really sucks that because I uploaded and downloaded copyrighted software from the internet, I can now never own a gun for the rest of my life. I can never have one in the house. I was never a gun person, nor was my dad (he freaked out when I was 14 and brought home an issue of Soldier of Fortune magazine, I was really into Jerry Ahern's Survivalist books back then), but it sure would be nice to have that option, especially with the way things seem to be going.

Skyguy:
What is your point? That current gun laws are hopelessly under-enforced, or that guns should somehow be banned? You put a lot of statistics out there, but did not state your position.

Unfortunately even retirement homes are'nt safe anymore. I guess Gramps will be packing in his wheelchair now.:rolleyes:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a single year, 3,012 children and teens were killed by gunfire in the United States, according to the latest national data released in 2002. That is one child every three hours; eight children every day; and more than 50 children every week. And every year, at least 4 to 5 times as many kids and teens suffer from non-fatal firearm injuries. (Children's Defense Fund and National Center for Health Statistics) [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]America and Gun Violence
American children are more at risk from firearms than the children of any other industrialized nation. In one year, firearms killed no children in Japan, 19 in Great Britain, 57 in Germany, 109 in France, 153 in Canada, and 5,285 in the United States. (Centers for Disease Control)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guns in the Wrong Hands[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Faulty records enable terrorists, illegal aliens and criminals to purchase guns. Over a two and a half-year period, at least 9,976 convicted felons and other illegal buyers in 46 states obtained guns because of inadequate records. (Broken Records, Americans for Gun Safety Foundation)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]School Safety[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Between 1994 and 1999, there were 220 school associated violent events resulting in 253 deaths - - 74.5% of these involved firearms. Handguns caused almost 60% of these deaths. (Journal of American Medical Association, December 2001) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nearly 8% of adolescents in urban junior and senior high schools miss at least one day of school each month because they are afraid to attend. (National Mental Health & Education Center for Children & Families, National Association of School Psychologists 1998) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The National School Boards Association estimates that more than 135,000 guns are brought into U.S. schools each day. (NSBA, 1993)
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Children and Gun Violence[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]America is losing too many children to gun violence. Between 1979 and 2001, gunfire killed 90,000 children and teens in America. (Children's Defense Fund and National Center for Health Statistics) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In one year, more children and teens died from gunfire than from cancer, pneumonia, influenza, asthma, and HIV/AIDS combined. (Children's Defense Fund) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The rate of firearm deaths among kids under age 15 is almost 12 times higher in the United States than in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]America and Gun Violence [/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Every day, more than 80 Americans die from gun violence. (Coalition to Stop Gun Violence) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The rate of firearm deaths among kids under age 15 is almost 12 times higher in the United States than in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]American kids are 16 times more likely to be murdered with a gun, 11 times more likely to commit suicide with a gun, and nine times more likely to die from a firearm accident than children in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guns in the Wrong Hands[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Americans for Gun Safety produced a 2003 report that reveals that 20 of the nation’s 22 national gun laws are not enforced. According to U.S. Department of Justice data (FY 2000-2002), only 2% of federal gun crimes were actually prosecuted. Eighty-five percent of cases prosecuted relate to street criminals in possession of firearms. Ignored are laws intended to punish illegal gun trafficking, firearm theft, corrupt gun dealers, lying on a criminal background check form, obliterating firearm serial numbers, selling guns to minors and possessing a gun in a school zone. To access The Enforcement Gap: Federal Gun Laws Ignored, visit http://w3.agsfoundation.com/. For a state-by-state chart of gun crimes (FY 2000-2002), click here.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Studies show that 1 percent of gun stores sell the weapons traced to 57 percent of gun crimes. According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), the dealer that armed the DC area sniper is among this small group of problem gun dealers that "supply the suppliers" who funnel guns to the nation's criminals. (Between 1997 and 2001, guns sold by this dealer were involved in 52 crimes, including homicides, kidnappings and assaults. Still open today, it also can't account for 238 guns or say whether they were stolen, lost or sold, or if their buyers underwent felony-background checks.) As a result, these few gun dealers have a vastly disproportionate impact on public safety. The ATF can recognize such dealers based on: (1) guns stolen from inventory; (2) missing federal sales records, needed by police to solve crimes; (3) having 10 weapons a year traced to crimes; (4) frequently selling multiple guns to individual buyers; and (5) short times between gun sales and their involvement in crimes. Yet ATF enforcement is weak due to a lack of Congressional support and resources. For more details, click here.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Terrorists have purchased firearms at gun shows, where unlicensed sellers are not currently required to conduct background checks or to ask for identification. According to the Middle East Intelligence Report, for example, a Hezbollah member was arrested in November 2000, after a nine-month investigation by the FBI's counter-terrorism unit. Ali Boumelhem was later convicted on seven counts of weapons charges and conspiracy to ship weapons and ammunition to Lebanon. Federal agents had observed Boumelhem, a resident of Detroit and Beirut, travel to Michigan gun shows and buy gun parts and ammunition for shipment overseas. Boumelhem was prohibited from legally purchasing guns as gun stores because he was a convicted felon. Additional cases involve a Pakistani national with an expired (1988) student visa; a Lebanese native and Hamas member with numerous felony convictions; and a supporter of the Irish Republican Army. (USA Today, Wednesday, November 28, 2001 Americans for Gun Safety)[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]According to Americans for Gun Safety (December 2002), gun theft is most likely in states without laws requiring safe storage of firearms in the home and where there are large numbers of gun owners and relatively high crime rates. Based on FBI data, nearly 1.7 million guns have been reported stolen in the past ten years, and only 40% of those were recovered. The missing guns, over 80% of which are taken from homes or cars, most likely fuel the black market for criminals. NEA, AGS and the National Rifle Association advocate for safe storage. To access "Stolen Guns: Arming the Enemy" visit www.agsfoundation.com.[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The American Medical Association reports that between 36% and 50% of male eleventh graders believe that they could easily get a gun if they wanted one. [/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]According to a report by the Joshephson Institute of Ethics (2000 Report Card: Report #1), 60% of high school and 31% of middle school boys said they could get a gun if they wanted to (April, 2001).[/FONT]
interesting info, thx, sky.

Great, great info...great stuff.. to put a "point on it"..

1609 gun deaths in just the 18 through 19 age group. Historically the 18 through 24 age group is the highest crime-committing group. At age 18 part-time drug dealers leave school and become full-time drug dealers

Suicides typically make up 56.5% of all gun deaths according to the Bureau Of Justice Statistics. In fact, drugs and suicides account for more than 2 out of every 3 gun deaths in the USA.

The accidental gun death rate has been falling since 1930 and US accidental gun deaths per year were down to 824 by 1999 according to the CDC.

Underscore accidental... Now if we could only get the thugs out of our schools.....

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

I think my most anger comes from the inocent children deaths from gang drive-bys....

Someone once told me (never researched it) that more kids die from pool accidents than guns. I guess backyard pools will be banned next.

* 1995 Fatal Accident Totals

Motor Vehicles-43,900
Falls-12,600
Poisonings-10,600
Drownings-4,500
Fires-4,100
Choking-2,800
Firearm-1,400 (1.5% of fatal accidents)

* For Children 14 and Under

Motor Vehicles-3,059
Drownings-1,024
Fires-883
Choking-213
Firearm-181 (2.7% of fatal accidents)
Falls-127
Poisonings-80

Choking is a bit more dangerous , So eating food 'assault style' like John Belushi will be banned ...... :rolleyes:

Really sucks that because I uploaded and downloaded copyrighted software from the internet, I can now never own a gun for the rest of my life. I can never have one in the house. I was never a gun person, nor was my dad (he freaked out when I was 14 and brought home an issue of Soldier of Fortune magazine, I was really into Jerry Ahern's Survivalist books back then), but it sure would be nice to have that option, especially with the way things seem to be going.

I used to read the same stuff Rob. The NE is not even close to the rest of the country. Down south or in Orange county I hardly ever feel safe. Up here in NY I feel safe most all the time, then that crap happens in Binghamton, just 30 minutes from where I live. Just too many people.

Last edited:
I wish I could find the article, but there was a study that showed that a city in the US where by law families were required to own firearms, and since that law passed there were no shooting deaths or murders. I wish I could find that article. I'll post it here if I find it.

Anti-gun nutters like to take guns away from law abiding citizens, making it easier for crazies and criminals to prey on the citizens. :mad:

Awesome. Too bad the Constitution is so hard for these Politicions to read though..........

I am a gun owner.

That said, I can't help but feel that had the initial framers of the Bill of Rights any foresight that single shot, ball loaded muskets would in the future be replaced with machine guns, and that there would one day exist individuals using these weapons not in defense of country, but instead to murder innocent Americans - often times by the score - in our schools, businesses and places of worship, the Second Amendment would read far more detailed than simply

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Back