• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why I love plasti dip!

I've wanted to change my CE28's to mag blue but wasn't sure how I'd like them on my GPW. In general, there isn't a mag blue plasti dip color but I decided to experiment a little this weekend.

The wheels currently had black plasti dip in them.

Plasti dip released some new colored metalizers. I bought 3 cans of the blue metalizer and 3 cans of glossifier from dipyourcar.com

I sprayed about 3 coats of the blue metalizer on top of my existing black plasti dipped wheels. They came out in a sort of matte finish. Here's a side by side compared to black

I then sprayed 3 coats of the glossifer to give it some shine. Pretty close to mag blue i think!

All of the wheels finished

Final product on the car

close up on the car

Overall, I think they came out great. The color does change slightly depending on light because of the blue metalizer. Nice thing is, I can always peel it off with no damage to the original volk paint.

Wow, tat looks amazing. I love the stuff as well. When I did my old wheels, the dip held up great. I have a buddy who does his e46 m3 a different color each season and it looks great. HIghly debating to go red on my car.

If your avatar is current, can you post a bigger pic from the rear. I'd love to see that up close. Thanks.

I think the wheels came out great but I like the look of the black on your car better. What about white?

How did you do the red "H" emblems on the wheels?

egequ8uv.jpg

That change to mag blue seriously gets 2 thumbs up from me!!

nicely done!!

If your avatar is current, can you post a bigger pic from the rear. I'd love to see that up close. Thanks.

LOL - and that goes for SupraTT too...

The plasti dip looks amazing on both cars, how are you guys doing the dip? Paint with desire color than apply metalizer? Please share with us your steps, thinking of doing my wheels.

I like those side shots with the blue wheels and blue reflection along the roof line. Nice.

Back