• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why No New NSX Upgrade?

Just looked at the new Corvette C6 and the new Porsche 997 in showrooms today. Both cars looked modern, updated and refreshed with 400hp and 355hp engines respectively. At $50K and at $90K I wanted to test drive the 997S which I did with some fabrication.

Why o why can't Honda engineer an upgrade to their aging NSX? Do they lack skilled auto educated people in Japan or what? Does the CEO not want to pursue his sports car dream? I say dump it or modernize it. What is the problem with Acura and the NSX as it stands today?

O by the way, Ferrari's next Modena will have close to 500hp, Corvette's C6 Z06 500hp and Porsche's 997 TT ~500hp.

nsx001 said:
Just looked at the new Corvette C6 and the new Porsche 997 in showrooms today. Both cars looked modern, updated and refreshed with 400hp and 355hp engines respectively. At $50K and at $90K I wanted to test drive the 997S which I did with some fabrication.

Why o why can't Honda engineer an upgrade to their aging NSX? Do they lack skilled auto educated people in Japan or what? Does the CEO not want to pursue his sports car dream? I say dump it or modernize it. What is the problem with Acura and the NSX as it stands today?

O by the way, Ferrari's next Modena will have close to 500hp, Corvette's C6 Z06 500hp and Porsche's 997 TT ~500hp.

Where did you find a 997S model for less than 95k, I looked at 2 today, and 1 was 101 and the other 99?

As far as the NSX there are models that put out more than 500hp.. You just gotta know what option to add when you order it. ;)

Continue to search within this forum, you will find that this has been discussed at length many times.

If I tell you I have a NSX for you with 600+ HP will you sign a contract to buy it? ;)

Last edited:
nsx001 said:

1. I would argue that most people on this board are aware of the above NSX 'alternatives'.
2. I believe most of us would prefer an update as well, if you are in a position to accomplish that then we all support your efforts.
3. I don't believe you are going to get an answer from Honda by posting this here, as we have not been able to either.
4. There are ways to get more HP out of an NSX, but if the numbers game is your thing there are certainly better ways to play it.
5. If you don't want to buy it, don't. Just because you see no value in it, doesn't mean the world shouldn't have the option.

$.10

MarkB said:
Len, do you have something hidden in your garage that we neet to know about?

Nah! I wanted to see how serious he was. ;)
I was going to sell him KGP's car.

Back