• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Widebody air intake question

I have the cantrell gt series widebody on my car. I think my quarters are bigger than stock so i'm wondering will the CAI system or the Downforce CAI cones work with the widebody? Or any other system. I would like to change my intake. do these pics help?

Attachments

• nsx 7-1 013 (Small).jpg
    nsx 7-1 013 (Small).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 392
  • nsx 7-1 005 (Small) (2).jpg
    nsx 7-1 005 (Small) (2).jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
its exactly the same.

hehe you should get the hatch scoop instead :biggrin:

Cantrell widebody quarter panel moved the side intake openning almost 4 inches back from stock location in reference to internal scoop depth. External location is almost identical. Furthermore being widebody, the scoop is almost 20-25mm farther out. The stock snorke will not work. If you ask .........I've tried.

Chris (SOS) was working with Cantrell to redesign a version of their AIS to work with their quarter panel. Funny how Cantrell overlook this and it takes an idiot to order their complete setup to discover this descrepancy. Per Chris, redesign is completed and just waiting for them to put it into production. If I'm lucky, it will be another 3 to 4 weeks before it is ready.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Paul

Esprit1 said:
Cantrell widebody quarter panel moved the side intake openning almost 4 inches back from stock location in reference to internal scoop depth. External location is almost identical. Furthermore being widebody, the scoop is almost 20-25mm farther out. The stock snorke will not work. If you ask .........I've tried.

Chris (SOS) was working with Cantrell to redesign a version of their AIS to work with their quarter panel. Funny how Cantrell overlook this and it takes an idiot to order their complete setup to discover this descrepancy. Per Chris, redesign is completed and just waiting for them to put it into production. If I'm lucky, it will be another 3 to 4 weeks before it is ready.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Paul

Yea i figured someone had already asked SOS this. Huge oversight. I hope they bring it soon. Now I have to decide which one. Pretty heated debate over the CAIS and the Downforce one. i forget which thread. Interesting though.

Wow ! didnt know that bout the cantrell
my CAIS works on my Taitec fenders.

Ko-nsx said:
... Now I have to decide which one. Pretty heated debate over the CAIS and the Downforce one....
Maybe you missed the point that the "std." Cantrell AIS doesn't fit per Esprit1 so they are re-designing one specifically for their wide-body. Ergo, the Downforce one won't fit either.
The good news is it appears that Cantrell will have one available shortly to fit your wide-body.
So, there is no decision for you - it will have to be the new Cantrell "widebody application" AIS.

The side ducts of the Cantrell wide quarter panels are about 100% deeper and 50% wider compared to the factory side ducts. We have prototypes of the duct completed that we are waiting to test with. I'd guess we'd have these available in 2-4 weeks.

thanks,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
The side ducts of the Cantrell wide quarter panels are about 100% deeper and 50% wider compared to the factory side ducts. We have prototypes of the duct completed that we are waiting to test with. I'd guess we'd have these available in 2-4 weeks.

thanks,
-- Chris

Put me down for one.

Back