• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wife and I want to buy Washer/Dryer, Any Input??

One word, buckets :tongue:
72677.jpg

Is this the "Two Bucket Method"? Keeps the swirl marks down on the shirts, I presume?

Also, probably usefull for getting the skid mar....Never mind...

The only issue with front loader washers is that it is difficult to keep them dry on the inside when not in use. This often causes mold to develop in the door seal. You have to wipe them down after use and keep the door open for a while after use. If you don’t, mold may develop along with a foul smell.

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/home/2008/08/mold-on-washers.html

I am also not totally convinced that they clean as well as the top loaders. They don’t seem to agitate the clothes as much. They are supposed to cause less wear and tear on the clothes though. We have both in our house and I always use the top loaders. I can’t remember the makes and models though.

Nate in DC

Agree on the mold issue. I keep the washer door and the liquid detergent fill tray open for a day after I wash to be on the safe side. Last thing I want is mold in the washroom.

As far as cleaning...I'd say they clean as well, if not better. And faster...man...so much faster...I can do a load pretty fast.

I would advise getting a set at. Costco you can't go wrong and no one can come close to warranty. If it breaks down or don't like it return for full refund no questions ask. I've seen an couple return an old washer at least 5 yrs old for full refund. That's crazy, but the took it back.

Back