• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will 97+ pads fit 95 calipers - Front only??

I'm upgrading the rotors and brackets as well but can I put the newer pads on my 95 cailpers. I assume yes since one piston is slightly bigger but the caliper itself should be the same. Anyone do this upgrade?

Before anyone starts, I'm doing this only to get rid of the spacers since I'm running 02+ wheels. Also want to stay OEM. :wink:

You should be able to do this. The Acura part numbers are different, '91-96 (45022-SL0-030) vs '97-05 (45022-SL0-J02). However, part numbers for aftermarket brake pads are the same (ending in 503 for most manufacturers, with the notable exception of Hawk). This almost certainly means that the shape and size of the pads is identical for the two different years, but Acura made some kind of change to the composition of the pads. They should still fit and work fine.

Before anyone starts, I'm doing this only to get rid of the spacers since I'm running 02+ wheels. Also want to stay OEM. :wink:

Thanks, can't wait to get rid of the spacers. 25mm makes the front stick out too much in my opinion.

A much cheaper and easier change is just to get a 5mm spacer instead. 5mm spacers don't require additional longer studs. It'll solve your front sticking out problem and cost <$50.

Then again you'll gain additional braking power by stepping up to the larger 97+ brakes, however if you only do the front you'll mess up the braking bias.

I would only recommend you upgrade to 1997+ brakes if you do both front and rear together.. (a much costlier route)

Update, the 1997+ pads do fit 95 calipers. I completed the front brake upgrade and had no problems with factory parts fitting. Spacers are gone!

Parts used:
2000 front pads
2000 front rotors
2000 front brake lines
1997+ front caliper brackets
1995 rear pads
4 bottles of Motul 600 for bleeding brakes, ABS and clutch

Back