• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will you ever sell your NSX?

I bought my 2004 as a new leftover in 2005 when I worked for Tischer Acura in MD. Tischer could not procure the car I was looking for so I flew to Acura Of Orange Park to make a deal on my 2004 RYP / Onyx NSX. At the time I was driving a 2004 S2000 that I bought new with a CTSC. The NSX was my dream car for a long time but I lost interest in them over the yrs. Don't get me wrong I still liked them but the S2000 with the CTSC had similar performance on a spreadsheet. One day a good friend brought his immaculate Monaco NSX in for service. At this time Rick and I were still getting to know each other. He is known as tabasco on this forum. When Rick arrived to collect his beautiful NSX he told me to drive it. I refused several times for a number of reasons and eventually gave in to his request. I did not drive it fast but I was blown away by how the car felt so special. I cannot describe this and you could not compare it to the S2000. After this drive I had to have one !!! I did not hesitate to look for one. I looked at a few used NSXs and decided a new NSX was the best option. The incentive back then made it a no brainer. I knew I wanted to make the car faster because I do it to everything I own other than my daily drivers. When the housing crisis hit I almost sold my car for a few different reasons. I put it on ebay and had a ton on interest and decided to just keep it. I have driven other cars that are faster and often thought of going with one of the Italian cars but I often reminded myself that a spreadsheet is not to be used for reference of enjoyment. I tell people this all of the time when they bring up Ring lap times. I now own a used car dealership and after driving many cars the magic of the NSX is still tatooed to my brain. I often think maybe I will sell it due to possible parts supply issues but so far Honda is doing a good job keeping parts around. I own a 91 CRX Si that I bought new and parts are almost impossible to find most of the time. Luckily I hoarded a lot of trim parts over the years.

I am sorry guys for the long winded post. The short answer is I don't think I will sell my car anytime soon. The NC1 is tempting but I am waiting for a update to it. If the rumors come true the next evolution of the NC1 will be very special. Meanwhile I will keep tinkering with my classic cars and keep admiring the original NSX.

Last edited:
I enjoyed reading that. Thanks for sharing.

I bought my 2004 as a new leftover in 2005 when I worked for Tischer Acura in MD. Tischer could not procure the car I was looking for so I flew to Acura Of Orange Park to make a deal on my 2004 RYP / Onyx NSX. At the time I was driving a 2004 S2000 that I bought new with a CTSC. The NSX was my dream car for a long time but I lost interest in them over the yrs. Don't get me wrong I still liked them but the S2000 with the CTSC had similar performance on a spreadsheet. One day a good friend brought his immaculate Monaco NSX in for service. At this time Rick and I were still getting to know each other. He is known as tabasco on this forum. When Rick arrived to collect his beautiful NSX he told me to drive it. I refused several times for a number of reasons and eventually gave in to his request. I did not drive it fast but I was blown away by how the car felt so special. I cannot describe this and you could not compare it to the S2000. After this drive I had to have one !!! I did not hesitate to look for one. I looked at a few used NSXs and decided a new NSX was the best option. The incentive back then made it a no brainer. I knew I wanted to make the car faster because I do it to everything I own other than my daily drivers. When the housing crisis hit I almost sold my car for a few different reasons. I put it on ebay and had a ton on interest and decided to just keep it. I have driven other cars that are faster and often thought of going with one of the Italian cars but I often reminded myself that a spreadsheet is not to be used for reference of enjoyment. I tell people this all of the time when they bring up Ring lap times. I now own a used car dealership and after driving many cars the magic of the NSX is still tatooed to my brain. I often think maybe I will sell it due to possible parts supply issues but so far Honda is doing a good job keeping parts around. I own a 91 CRX Si that I bought new and parts are almost impossible to find most of the time. Luckily I hoarded a lot of trim parts over the years.

I am sorry guys for the long winded post. The short answer is I don't think I will sell my car anytime soon. The NC1 is tempting but I am waiting for a update to it. If the rumors come true the next evolution of the NC1 will be very special. Meanwhile I will keep tinkering with my classic cars and keep admiring the original NSX.

this thread is fanning the embers.....

I love cars since I was a kid, like 4-5 years old, that's like late 70s, and during those days the exotic are all from Europe.

Not until when the NSX came out in 1990 that actually make me amazed and love this Japanese exotic, I remember I always pass by a Honda dealer everyday on my way to home and pass by this NSX on the turntable, I was thinking, "geez... I really want this car.", I was in Hong Kong during that time.

Moved to Canada in the early 90... NSX got discontinued on 2004..

Finally I am able to buy one this year.

Will I ever consider selling my childhood dream...? mmmm....... I don't think any of us will...

Last edited:
Thanks. Because of your feedback on multiple clutch related posts you influenced me to buy a OS Giken clutch. lol
I try to be more objective on those things nowadays but looking at some posts from years ago, just the lack of experience made those posts quite one sided! Til this day.. I still get funny looks pulling into parking lots with the cow bells clanging!

I try to be more objective on those things nowadays but looking at some posts from years ago, just the lack of experience made those posts quite one sided! Til this day.. I still get funny looks pulling into parking lots with the cow bells clanging!

At almost EVERY Colorado NSX group meetup a couple of owners tell me there is something wrong with my clutch when they hear it.

Haha. I haven't installed it yet. Is it really that loud ? I guess it doesn't matter too much if you only hear it when the pedal is depressed. On another note I was at a JDM car meet last week and you would be surprised that every NSX owner there has never heard of Shad Huntley.

At almost EVERY Colorado NSX group meetup a couple of owners tell me there is something wrong with my clutch when they hear it.

Haha. I haven't installed it yet. Is it really that loud ? I guess it doesn't matter too much if you only hear it when the pedal is depressed.
In my older years, let me just say that's a subjective answer. Personally it doesn't bother me at all and I don't think it's loud, but it is noticeable. I'm now temporarily on stock horsepower and i've driven 2 other stock'ish NSXs. Both owners drove my car as well. The immediate feedback was the clutch, not the ITBs, not the faster S2K CR steering rack. You have to get use to the engagement. I personally really like it and I equally didn't like the stock engagement because it was quite vague (but very easy to drive). Maybe for stock HP, something in between would be nice but if I was going back to the stock twin disc i'd at least go with a lighter flywheel. to me.. the stock 97+ dual mass is a no go at all. That one I hate with a passion. I will say... this too, the OSG clutch is lasting FOREVER. I pulled the trans apart 2yrs ago and the clutch plates measured out barely used.

but I digress, which is what we do best here on prime!

For those not in the know....Shad=comptech=driving ambition=strong scca results with Kip Olsen....

For those not in the know....Shad=comptech=driving ambition=strong scca results with Kip Olsen....
I'm bummed!!! I can't find the youtube video of when Best Motoring (Japanese Top Gear sort of) visited the Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile and put on a tuner competition. Shad and the DA (Comptech back then?) team killed it. This was back in the early 2000's I believe. Someone find that video!

how bout when Billy was" rowing the boat" with FX......that car was nuts.

BLUF: No, I would not willingly sell my NSX

As a fairly recent member to join the owner's club my thoughts and feelings are probably still rooted in the "newness" of ownership and experience. But that said, after seeing the car for the first time in the Phoenix GP event program in 1991 when my dad came home from the track and then finally seeing one in person 4 years later I knew I wanted one. I almost pulled the trigger on my buddy's '95 Midnight Pearl auto but I just couldn't bring myself to not have 3 pedals. A few months later I almost flew out to pick up a heavily modified '95 but life got in the way and I had to pull back, in hindsight it was a blessing. I then found two '91's that were pretty comparable and one of them was only an hour away so I went and drove it and talked to the owner for over 3 hours that day. Unfortunately I broke my foot two days later. Thankfully 8 weeks later both cars were still available but I just felt the one nearer me was the best choice. 4 days later I drove it home. It's now been 2.5 years of ownership and driving and I'm still as much in love with the car today as I was then.

Some of you have seen the small tweaks I've made so far and know the big plans that lay ahead once [MENTION=18194]Honcho[/MENTION]'s car is complete. Once I'm fully done with my upgrade/update/restoration it will take something tragic to get me to let go of my car. I just can't see what I could replace it with that would mean as much to me or that I could see being another "forever" car.

I'm bummed!!! I can't find the youtube video of when Best Motoring (Japanese Top Gear sort of) visited the Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile and put on a tuner competition. Shad and the DA (Comptech back then?) team killed it. This was back in the early 2000's I believe. Someone find that video!

I remember when Keiichi Tsuchiya opined in that video that the NSX should have come with the supercharger from the factory. He was enamored with the torque. We are considering checking to see if Hot Version would come out and do a touge episode with my S Zero repro in Colorado...

In my experiencing as a member of the ownership community, the best running, best condition NSXs are the ones that are driven hard and maintained. One point is the dreaded worn cam journal bearings. I suspect this is caused by blocked oil passageways from gunk build-up. NSXs that are driven hard once in a while or regularly seems to have less of this issue.

To me, low mileage examples can potentially be ticking time bombs

Strange that you'd link my thread as an example, my car has over 100k miles on it and zero gunk build up. If anything, it was caused by a bad mechanic using too much hondabond.

Last edited:
... One day a good friend brought his immaculate Monaco NSX in for service. At this time Rick and I were still getting to know each other. He is known as tabasco on this forum. When Rick arrived to collect his beautiful NSX he told me to drive it. I refused several times for a number of reasons and eventually gave in to his request. I did not drive it fast but I was blown away by how the car felt so special. I cannot describe this and you could not compare it to the S2000. After this drive I had to have one !!!...

I met Brandon shortly after I bought my still immaculate Monaco NSX. We have become close friends since. I rely on his advice on all things NSX and more. His dealership The Shop at Easton (https://www.theshopateaston.com) sells only clean well-inspected used vehicles. His NSX is the epitome of speed. Mine, just stock.

Someday I’ll sell it. There is no other like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Strange that you'd link my thread as an example, my car has over 100k miles on it and zero gunk build up. If anything, it was caused by a bad mechanic using too much hondabond.
Yes, I couldn't find a better photo and did think twice about your link because in your case, I also do agree that's probably a Hondabond issue. In any case, the general issue with the cam journals is still quite a bit of a mystery. My personal theory, which has no basis, except my own personal and limited experience, is gunk buildup which can be alleviated somewhat by regular aggressive driving.

Hot sauce doing a drive by.................

RYU influencer.....what do you think of yoga pants for dudes?

I'm looking for something that flatters my curves without yelling " I'm happy to see you"

Last edited:
I met Brandon shortly after I bought my still immaculate Monaco NSX. We have become close friends since. I rely on his advice on all things NSX and more. His dealership The Shop at Easton (https://www.theshopateaston.com) sells only clean well-inspected used vehicles. His NSX is the epitome of speed. Mine, just stock.

Someday I’ll sell it. There is no other like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, Tabasco, nice to see you posting again!

Back