• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will you ever sell your NSX?

I'm bummed!!! I can't find the youtube video of when Best Motoring (Japanese Top Gear sort of) visited the Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile and put on a tuner competition. Shad and the DA (Comptech back then?) team killed it. This was back in the early 2000's I believe. Someone find that video!

I got you fam.

1st "Touge USA" with CT NSX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvMzlvHVEP8

2nd Edition with CT NSX defending (cameo by early dev Factor X car).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZJCJSS-xtg

There might be one other...wait, maybe this (might be a clip from the 2nd round)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-92vdUvhFs0

Choose wisely, then stop choosing.

What an OG NSX thread we have going here! RYU has indeed brought "sexy back". We have docjohn, TigerNSX, The Kid, stuntman, Honcho, MJK, others here – unbelievable.

Loved hearing the sentiments shared here. Obviously my answer is no. Perhaps when it is no longer enjoyable, feasible, or legal to drive, I think I'd still like to keep it as a piece of art – an homage to my personal golden age of motoring.

There's a magical quality about the NSX. The story of Soichiro Honda always struck me as absolutely remarkable and has been a source of inspiration to me – The NSX represents the manifestation of the Dream. "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." There's a special, timeless, ineffable way the NSX stirs the soul.

It goes without saying the community is without equal. Lifelong friendships formed here. Real friend – the ones who celebrate your accomplishments and who pick you up when you've been knocked down. Countless shared peak experiences. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to ever top the experience of attending NSX Fiesta (20th anniversary).

There have certainly been times when life throws a curve ball and presents a very compelling, rational case to reallocate resources / sell. But there's that inner voice - or for you lucky ones: a spouse - who is the true voice of reason - the one who says "there's a way to get through this, but not this way". In my own experience and the stories others tell, it's quite amazing how an unlikely way presents itself.

There are plenty of newer things (it's still astonishing to me how good modern supercars are) and I've had the very good fortune adding another Japanese masterpiece in the fleet which is absolutely as exquisite as it is bonkers. They are both keepers, but if I had to choose, I'd keep the NSX.

TDyebJ2.jpg

Last edited:
To be honest, I've thought about selling my NSX multiple times to "upgrade" per say but then I come back to it and it's everything that I've always wanted as I've built it the way I wanted to. I would feel horrible demodding it before I sell as it would mean to me removing who I am from the car.

Also, it's not just the car but the owners that own them and life long relationships you build with them. They're much different then other car enthusiasts that I've met throughout the year and I've had a lot of cars.

I posted this thread up on FB Prime earlier tonight to get more people over here. Hopefully a few more people will remember their Prime password, LOL.

Ojas Ojas Ojas!!!!

My 96 is for sale. I will sell if someone buys it. Keeping the 2020 NSX.

UPDATE SOLD MY 1996 NSX.

My wife kept saying "please keep it" but 21 years is enough.

Now I have to learn how to use the radio/sound system.

BIG shock for me. NO AM RADIO! That's pretty much all the broadcast radio I listen to.

BTW Siri is a petulant pain in the ass.

Last edited:
What an OG NSX thread we have going here! RYU has indeed brought "sexy back". We have docjohn, TigerNSX, The Kid, stuntman, Honcho, MJK, others here – unbelievable.

Loved hearing the sentiments shared here. Obviously my answer is no. Perhaps when it is no longer enjoyable, feasible, or legal to drive, I think I'd still like to keep it as a piece of art – an homage to my personal golden age of motoring.

There's a magical quality about the NSX. The story of Soichiro Honda always struck me as absolutely remarkable and has been a source of inspiration to me – The NSX represents the manifestation of the Dream. "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." There's a special, timeless, ineffable way the NSX stirs the soul.

It goes without saying the community is without equal. Lifelong friendships formed here. Real friend – the ones who celebrate your accomplishments and who pick you up when you've been knocked down. Countless shared peak experiences. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to ever top the experience of attending NSX Fiesta (20th anniversary).

There have certainly been times when life throws a curve ball and presents a very compelling, rational case to reallocate resources / sell. But there's that inner voice - or for you lucky ones: a spouse - who is the true voice of reason - the one who says "there's a way to get through this, but not this way". In my own experience and the stories others tell, it's quite amazing how an unlikely way presents itself.

There are plenty of newer things (it's still astonishing to me how good modern supercars are) and I've had the very good fortune adding another Japanese masterpiece in the fleet which is absolutely as exquisite as it is bonkers. They are both keepers, but if I had to choose, I'd keep the NSX.

TDyebJ2.jpg

Spot on OJAS.

I have had my NSX for almost 20 years, and while I don't drive it as much at the current time, am still in love with it. Plus from the day my daughter came into this world (almost 9 years ago), I have said it is her car, and that when she graduates from college, I will sign the title over to her. She has, from day one, been taught about the special relationship of this car to my world, and that it isn't an ordinary car.

I was watching Ford v. Ferrari a couple of days ago, and we are Ken Miles at 7000 rpm.

I say to wife "Maybe I will sell the NSX" "You cant sell that, I gave it to you as a birthday present"
I say to kids "Maybe I will sell the Europa" "You cant sell that, we want it!"
I say to self "Maybe I will sell the Seven" "Nah, too much fun!"

so the 2 car garage will stay stuffed with 3 cars...could be worse.

[MENTION=3739]Ojas[/MENTION] if I was allowed another "fun" car, it would be an LFA. So completely under-rated by the magazine racers and internet trolls. One of the best cars ever made, if you ask me. Great choice!

[MENTION=3739]Ojas[/MENTION] if I was allowed another "fun" car, it would be an LFA. So completely under-rated by the magazine racers and internet trolls. One of the best cars ever made, if you ask me. Great choice!

you can't own an LFA and not give us the juicy details.....:biggrin:

I am the biggest tool! Yet another video I can't locate. This time Bob can't help me on this one. I remember taking a short clip of your LFA when you visited. F0rkin Awwwwwsum.

That was such a great time! Car was out there so the takumi-trained technicians can replace airbags as part of the Takata recall. I'm so glad things fell into place and we were able to blast up ACH with you. [MENTION=8411]Osiris_x11[/MENTION] was my copilot and came out unscathed. [MENTION=16745]Nero Tenebre[/MENTION]'s driving appeared to exceed the cooling limits of the rental C6 along with the stomach of his passenger. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Never selling since all my sons want to take over however soon as NC1 comes affordable I will gracefully dive in and maybe ill forget my 91 or maybe not.

There are too many reasons why I would never sell my NSX...driving her off the dealership showroom was not just a childhood dream realized, ownership has been far more than a reward for my first decade of hard work.

I purchased my NSX-T new in the middle of what I now look back upon as the best years of my career. The adventures I have had with my NSX provided desperately needed life to balance long hours at work. Ownership introduced me to new experiences including car meets, spirited drives, club events, motorsports and, of course, this forum.

It's true I don't drive my NSX as much as I used to (even less thanks to COVID), but every time I look at her, I remember all of the reasons why I wanted her in the first place. Every time I sit behind the wheel and start her engine, I first take a spirited trip down memory lane before I even put her into gear. No car I have owned since (or will eventually own) can possibly compete with 20+ years of NSXperiences, so I can't possibly replace her. I just hope I can keep her running for as long as I am physically capable of driving her.

That said, that latter detail wasn't even a slight concern until last summer...when my NSX spent over a month with her engine removed.

Last edited:
[MENTION=3826]akira3d[/MENTION] I still vividly remember reading your NSX purchase story back in 2000 (or was it 2001?). I was on the fence about getting an NSX at that time because it was an expensive, non-essential purchase for me. However, after reading your story, I was like... you know what, I am going to do it. I was so inspired!

There are too many reasons why I would never sell my NSX...driving her off the dealership showroom was not just a childhood dream realized, ownership has been far more than a reward for my first decade of hard work.

I purchased my NSX-T new in the middle of what I now look back upon as the best years of my career. The adventures I have had with my NSX provided desperately needed life to balance long hours at work. Ownership introduced me to new experiences including car meets, spirited drives, club events, motorsports and, of course, this forum.

It's true I don't drive my NSX as much as I used to (even less thanks to COVID), but every time I look at her, I remember all of the reasons why I wanted her in the first place. Every time I sit behind the wheel and start her engine, I first take a spirited trip down memory lane before I even put her into gear. No car I have owned since (or will eventually own) can possibly compete with 20+ years of NSXperiences, so I can't possibly replace her. I just hope I can keep her running for as long as I am physically capable of driving her.

That said, that latter detail wasn't even a slight concern until last summer...when my NSX spent over a month with her engine removed.

that brought a tear of joy! I love sharing the passion at nsxpo track events.

[MENTION=3826]akira3d[/MENTION] I still vividly remember reading your NSX purchase story back in 2000 (or was it 2001?). I was on the fence about getting an NSX at that time because it was an expensive, non-essential purchase for me. However, after reading your story, I was like... you know what, I am going to do it. I was so inspired!

I bought mine in March, 2000 and immediately found NSX Prime...because I needed to share my enthusiasm for new my purchase with a group that would appreciate it.

Last edited:
This thread is the epitome of NSX ownership. I found NSX Prime before I purchased my first one. After the accident, my beautiful wife insisted I go get another one. I loved the car that much. My current '91 will not leave my garage. At least not while I still have a license! The satisfaction of owning "that" car, the way it drives, the looks you get while on the road, the way it behaves on track, the ability to actually work on your own car, and lastly the friends both old and new. There is no other car that can give you all of this. She is a keeper.

I regretfully haven't been on prime in a few weeks, had some free time today, and came upon this wonderful thread! Thoughts occasionally cross my mind of selling, but they have only been fleeting and were accompanied by great shame. :biggrin: All I have to do is go pull the cover off and that ludicrous thought is immediately purged from my mind! I can't truthfully say I'd never sell, but a special and unique set of circumstances would have to arise before I parted ways with this amazing machine.

I haven't seen vaudeville alien in a long time....:wink:

Back