• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Winter Beater

what tires do you run with in the snow?
ever gotten stuck or not being able to go uphill?
the most/deepest snow you've driven in?
im asking just in case.
want to be prepared... my old mr2 was hell in the snow,
even with a trd lsd.
I think I originally had Michelin Arctic Alpins but had to replace them after 6 winters. The latest set are Michelin X-Ice. They are 60 series which gives me about another 3/4" of ground clearance. I've never been stuck but I've been in snow so deep I was levelling it... which I think is somewhere around 5 1/2" or so. I have never had problems going uphill .. although you have to understand that I live on the Canadian prairies so the only real hills we have are for overpasses. You do have to get used to the TCS light coming on a lot though. I've never had an awd vehicle but the NSX at least as good in snow/ice as any other FWD or RWD vehicle I've ever owned....but snow tires are a must.

NSX2398 - agreed. snow tires are a MUST, and i, at the time being a noob about tires, compromised with the 'all season toyo prox4'. would never do that again.
but umm.... i had the aw11 mr2, year 1985. i did not have tcs. however, i did install a 1.5 way trd lsd. aahh, fun times. :cool:
snow drift all the way............ till i got stuck. :cool:

For the first time I decided to put dedicated snow tires on the Mercedes 97 E420 RWD and drove it on light snow.
All I want to say is...... I MISS MY AUDI QUATTRO :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

For the first time I decided to put dedicated snow tires on the Mercedes 97 E420 RWD and drove it on light snow.
All I want to say is...... I MISS MY AUDI QUATTRO :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Lol...I was just about to post:

"Snowed in Seattle today, days like these is why I have the S4 Quattro and not an M3!!"

I love how I can blast around town while everyone else freaks out. It was the storm last year and driving the S6 home safely while everyone was ditching their cars on the I-405 that prompted me to get the S4.

Did you get the W12. I had the W12 model. They really are an excellent car.

No, just the V8 -- the V12's are still going for a pretty penny. Their both incredible cars and I'd love to have a V12. I just picked up another '04 V8 this week, yet this one is silver with 21k miles vs. my black one with 36k. The silver one will be on the market soon.

i do believe it had a lot to do with the stiff suspensions + the all seasons tires. plus it was an AW11 with quite some weight shaved off. it was fine on average snow... anything more/deeper then 6 inch to a foot would get it stuck at slight uphills. i imagine the nsx would do better... with the weight it has on.

Ahhh ya... All seasons are definately a no-no for me... I got stuck in a Z31 300ZX about 20 yds from my driveway once, ha!

Ya, I'd be willing to bet the AW11 would be a little tougher than the SW20 since it's a bit lighter... Mine is great in the snow. I'm waiting for it to snow here in KC--I figure if it's going to be cold as hell, it may as well be snowing!

Back