• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would you paint the roof?

Just out of curiosity.....how many people would consider re-painting the black roof on pre-95's. I personally find the monochrome treatment to have a nicer appearance. However, the black roof does make the NSX more unique looking. ???

I painted mine silver to match the rest of the car and am very happy that I did it. I don't like the black roofs, looks like crap in my books. But it's a personal preference thing and can vary from person to person so do what you think looks best and don't worry about others if they disagree with you.

Don't think I'd ever paint the roof to match body color-I'm afraid it would look too much like a Camaro or Corvette, etc.

Of course, this is one of those personal preference things.

I generally preferred a monochrome look... until the first time I actually saw one on an NSX in person. Then I realized that the black roof "disappears" like the canopy of a fighter plane, thereby emphasizing the wonderful lines on the rest of the body. Then and there, I decided that I like the black roof better.

Of course, you should do what you think looks best. And the best way to make that decision is to see the cars in person, both ways, before making up your mind.

I painted the roof on my silver '91 and dollar for dollar it is the best thing I have ever done to improve the appearance of the car.

I know the designers originally intended to have the car reflect the 'protruding canopy' look of the F-16, but in my opinion, it really dates the car. Late 80's auto styling based on late 70s aircraft design. Honda must feel the same way, as they went to a monochrome scheme later.

My .02

Originally posted by westernb4:
I'm afraid it would look too much like a Camaro or Corvette, etc.

didn't the early '90s Camaros have black tops, along with the Eclipse??

My '94 top was painted to match the body. Not only does it look great IMHO, but everyone also thinks it's a 2000-1 and it costs half as much!

There was a survey on this forum a few months ago about whether people liked the roof painted the same color as the body or painted black. There were a lot of responses. I personally like the roof painted the same color as the body. Look it up under search titled "Taking a poll."

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

[This message has been edited by CChung (edited 01 March 2001).]

I personally prefer the monochrome color, but I worry about the paint job and the resell value of the car. At least now I can say that the car has never been repainted.

I saw a local Sebring Silver with a silver top and it looks shape. But I still won't do it because on the above reasons.

Why worry about the resell value? Just drive the vehicle and enjoy it! I prefer the monochrome scheme.... CDube, where in Irvine do you live? Tell me a little about your NSX, year, color, mods, etc...

I'd have to agree with you on that. I think the black top works best with the sebring silver other than a black one. It is a nice contrast. My '91 is a silver with black top. But I still do a double take when I see a sebring silver with silver top.

cdube...you should check on some cisco jobs in that area for me..thats where i plan on moving to.

Let me know if you need help. I'm working for a computer peripheral co. in Fountain Valley.

May be we can both go and work for Cisco. Their stock have taken a huge hit lately though.

I work for cisco in SLC utah right now and want to get out of here, but the only way i can go to cali and work for cisco is by going to san jose, but I would rather go to irvine and just work for a company administering cisco products...

Back