• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

WTB; Drivetrain geaers and anything to handle 800+whp 91 NSX. Possible Group Buy Too!

I have a 1991 800+whp NSX. When I had was ony 642whp, I snapped my driiveshaft in half shifting from first to second with drag radials on, which over revved engine and caused me to bend a valve spring. Since then, i have totally upgraded Turbo and all components inducing doing a Brian Crower 3.4 stroker and flex fuel system to run E100 (only ethanol you can get in Hawaii,, no E85). So, I want to build a transmission - drive train that can handle my new power of around 730whp and 859+whp on ethanol. I really like what I've read about the PPG 5 speed billet gear set you can see at
http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?productid=97
But it costs $16,000 just for the parts. If they are shipped unasdembled, than I will have to pay to ship all of the new gears and my bellhousing to SOS to build the trannsmission as I only trust them to do it. Or if anyone else wants to do a group buy on the PPG 5 speed Helical Cut Dog set for the NSX atI think we only need 5 buyers as the minimum to get group pricing.Please pm me if you have anything you want to sell.
My current drivetrain is
  • Science of Speed Rebuilt Transmission
  • Science of Speed Twin Carbon 700 Clutch
  • NSX-R 4.23 with Final Drive Gears
  • NSX-R Differential
  • Science of Speed Short Shifter

So basically everything except the clutch won't be able to hand the power. At least not for long. If I broke a stock one at 642whp, then I know I'll snap one in half with my upgrades that will put me in the 800-850+whp range.
So does anyone have anything that I can use to handle the new power so I don't shred my transmission? I have a perfect sales history on here, all of the BMW forums and ebay, all under the same username "bonhamsurf".

Or if anyone else wants to do a group buy on the PPG 5 speed Helical Cut Dog set for the NSX at http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?productid=97 I think we only need 5 buyers as the minimum to get group pricing.Please pm me if you have anything you want to sell.
Thanks,

Last edited:
Back