• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTB; Drivetrain geaers and anything to handle 800+whp 91 NSX. Possible Group Buy Too!

I have a 1991 800+whp NSX. When I had was ony 642whp, I snapped my driiveshaft in half shifting from first to second with drag radials on, which over revved engine and caused me to bend a valve spring. Since then, i have totally upgraded Turbo and all components inducing doing a Brian Crower 3.4 stroker and flex fuel system to run E100 (only ethanol you can get in Hawaii,, no E85). So, I want to build a transmission - drive train that can handle my new power of around 730whp and 859+whp on ethanol. I really like what I've read about the PPG 5 speed billet gear set you can see at
http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?productid=97
But it costs $16,000 just for the parts. If they are shipped unasdembled, than I will have to pay to ship all of the new gears and my bellhousing to SOS to build the trannsmission as I only trust them to do it. Or if anyone else wants to do a group buy on the PPG 5 speed Helical Cut Dog set for the NSX atI think we only need 5 buyers as the minimum to get group pricing.Please pm me if you have anything you want to sell.
My current drivetrain is
  • Science of Speed Rebuilt Transmission
  • Science of Speed Twin Carbon 700 Clutch
  • NSX-R 4.23 with Final Drive Gears
  • NSX-R Differential
  • Science of Speed Short Shifter

So basically everything except the clutch won't be able to hand the power. At least not for long. If I broke a stock one at 642whp, then I know I'll snap one in half with my upgrades that will put me in the 800-850+whp range.
So does anyone have anything that I can use to handle the new power so I don't shred my transmission? I have a perfect sales history on here, all of the BMW forums and ebay, all under the same username "bonhamsurf".

Or if anyone else wants to do a group buy on the PPG 5 speed Helical Cut Dog set for the NSX at http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?productid=97 I think we only need 5 buyers as the minimum to get group pricing.Please pm me if you have anything you want to sell.
Thanks,

Last edited:
Back