• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTD NA1 (CLEAN TITLE AND NO HISTORY) AND 2002+ CONVERSION

most folks feel the NA2 6 speed is better than the 20 extra HP...

why not look for a 2002+, why buy a facelifted car?
Just what I was thinking. Want a fixed roof? You're after the 3.0 C30, a 5 speed transmission, or the original aluminum alloy body? I assume you're not after the early ABS or the ghastly fat 5's. There were some folks that "upgraded" when the face lift came out, especially after accidents to the front end, but you're looking for clean history.

If all you can find is a 2002+, I'd be willing to swap my 3.0/5-speed for your 3.2/6 and I'll even swap ABS systems if you like. Or, even better, you can have my '95 with the facelifted front, and I'll gladly take the 02+ with pop-ups. ;)

why not look for a 2002+, why buy a facelifted car?
I owned in the passed fix roof and targa roof sorry to say never again for targa (but if I bought a targa I will swap the fix roof like the ZARNADI edition 3.2 fix roof. I love to have 3.2 6 speed but no one have 2002 face lift fix roof.

what is your budget?

then just buy the best NA1/NA2 coupe and do the conversion

if I can't swap the fix roof for ever the reason I will make a T-BAR like T-TOP MR-2 and instal in the NA2 2002+ like I did for my del sol b16 and believe me the handling is night and day .

Attachments

• delsol 1.jpg
    delsol 1.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 12
  • delsol2.jpg
    delsol2.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 12
after the T-BAR was installed feel like a fix roof del sol even with the roof on never never solid like my T-BAR

I have a comptech harness bar and the front chassis R bars and my T roof car is pretty tight

I have a comptech harness bar and the front chassis R bars and my T roof car is pretty tight
technically no way in my book is tight like fix roof if one day I made my T-BAR I will invite you to try bro . what's you fell tight is the steering feel not a solid body like fix roof

You goooo at it bra...

if I can't find NA1 face lift I will buy NA2 and install my T-BAR or swap the roof FOR SUREEEEEEEEE
Might be cheaper to put a 3.2 and 6-speed into a fixed roof NA1. Only one person (Anil) I know of has done the roof on a NA2 Targa and it was $$$$$$. Like $50k+ to just do the roof.... This is not a MR2 or a Del Sol- it's aluminum and needs to be welded properly.

No way going to cost that much I don’t know how he’s doing To cost like this . To weld the roof maybe cost 1000 plus buy the roof and do the finition my self should be ok

good luck ,as always ,post pics and a writeup after you do it...

Back