• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

[1st Gen] Y U M M Y ~ Very trick Carbon Fiber Double DIN Tilt Angle Double DIN reducing GLARE !

I would like to give my personal review on this piece!

I paid a good amount of money for the Carbon Fiber console.

The screw holes that hold on the coin holder/shift boot and other pieces on the back...many of these holes did not hold up to a screw actually being inserted into them. The fitment is not up to my standard as I expected an OEM fit when you pay over $1000 for a piece. Along with the price tag and what one would think would be an almost plug and play type piece for the price tag...it needed more than a "little sanding." Hence the reason I am not asking for a refund, I already tried modifying this piece to fit. While I will get this piece to fit, I think its ridiculous that something that costs as much as it does needs to be sanded and painted over in flat black. I bought the CF piece for a reason...I wanted the CF to be seen.

My suggestions for improvement would be to have a list of headunits that will work with these consoles, maybe with the headunit brackets so they are a "plug and play" type thing. If you are going to make these and have them still be a DIY type install...they need to be much cheaper and be honest with how much work you could need to do to make these work in a clean and functional install.

The screw holes that hold on the coin holder/shift boot and other pieces on the back...many of these holes did not hold up to a screw actually being inserted into them. The fitment is not up to my standard as I expected an OEM fit when you pay over $1000 for a piece. Along with the price tag and what one would think would be an almost plug and play type piece for the price tag...it needed more than a "little sanding." Hence the reason I am not asking for a refund, I already tried modifying this piece to fit. While I will get this piece to fit, I think its ridiculous that something that costs as much as it does needs to be sanded and painted over in flat black. I bought the CF piece for a reason...I wanted the CF to be seen.

My suggestions for improvement would be to have a list of headunits that will work with these consoles, maybe with the headunit brackets so they are a "plug and play" type thing. If you are going to make these and have them still be a DIY type install...they need to be much cheaper and be honest with how much work you could need to do to make these work in a clean and functional install.

You have a PM sir, we would be happy to REDO the inner bezel of the CF dash panel after you are done with fitment :)

In regards to what was said above we would like to address a few things that may or may not be known:

1) Sanding - We appreciate your suggestion on listing the decks that work but as you know mfr. change models faster than new iPhones come out so we will never know what new models will fit for sure. To build one console to fit ALL decks is nearly impossible as there are too many "unknown" factors so we had to find a "happy medium' in terms of the opening size. It was determined that it's much easier to remove material than to add material so we designed the opening to "err" on the small side. As stated above, if anyone who has purchased a dash panel and after sanding down the inner CF trim and confirmed fitment. We would be happy to help you redo the CF finish on a per case basis. In all of our installations, we painted the inner bezel in matte black which reduces glare and works quite well. In all of our painted deck options this was also a popular customer choice to reduce glare from a glossy finish.

2) Screw holes - We build these panels from scratch by hand so there will be slight variations in the screw positions. The material is a bit brittle but we have solved this by using a small dab of glue with each screw hardware and this allows for secure mounting of the shift boot and coin holder. Those are the only items attached to the console and we have found this works well for all of our local installations.

We are building an OEM dash panel version coming out shortly and those will be play and play since all the parts are factory units with no unknown "X" factor.

Our OEM flat bottom CF steering wheels are direct plug/play too for example.

However with a custom dash piece that utilizes an aftermarket deck (which has specific tolerances even within each brand's line-up) , it will very difficult to have a plug/play dash panel unless we control the exact deck that is to be used and that is not practical or feasible.

Each dash panel can be installed by a DIY with some patience or any competent stereo shops can handle this aspect of the installation. For local NSX owners, we would be happy to help do fitment and for owners not local, we strive to provide the best technical support possible.

thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth and gave us inputs / comments!

We are constantly looking for ways to improve our product offerings thus any ideas are always welcomed.

We currently have some inventory in stock so PM us with any questions.

thanks

Question: for the double DIN dash, what are your recommendation to address the lack of cigarette lighter/opening that was deleted in the mold? Because I just looked at mine to finally install it and noticed that specific issue. I am installing the Kenwood DDN992 headunit. I would like a outlet to charge my phone.

Question: for the double DIN dash, what are your recommendation to address the lack of cigarette lighter/opening that was deleted in the mold? Because I just looked at mine to finally install it and noticed that specific issue. I am installing the Kenwood DDN992 headunit. I would like a outlet to charge my phone.

here's a few examples of what we have done - some clients prefer USB ports, others prefer a single or maybe even a dual AUX 12v+ jacks. We usually hide them either in the glovebox or relocate them under the passenger seat to keep them out of the way but easily accessible. Having them on the dash is actually one of the worst places because when you are driving/shifting, your hand hits the plugs and gives your dash a messy look with wiring everywhere.

Dual jacks:

USB jacks are lit at night:

tried to test fit this bezel today and it isn't fitting properly. is there something I am missing here? and is this bezel based on a NON motorized double DIN radio? Because I have the Kenwood DDN992 and you cannot open or use the cd option because it is motorized. Looking for suggestions here...

I am having the EXACT same issue with my angled bezel. Issues I am having is that the screw holes are smaller and the bezel is having a hard time to fit. I don't know if it was built for a NON motorized radio but the DDN992 is motorized and I cannot use all the functions of the radio. I would think that they would send accessories (screws, mounting brackets) since this is a custom piece and they themselves had to build custom brackets. I am on the fence right now on continuing to try to make my radio "fit" because I don't want to crack my bezel and "void" the warranty. This is an EXPENSIVE piece of upgraded accessory that is a lot of work to enjoy when it should be minimal. My suggestion in the future is ASK the customer what radio size does he plan on purchasing and build from there. Include hardware accessories (screws, mounting brackets). I think it would minimize the work the customer has to do to make it fit.

I am having the EXACT same issue with my angled bezel. Issues I am having is that the screw holes are smaller and the bezel is having a hard time to fit. I don't know if it was built for a NON motorized radio but the DDN992 is motorized and I cannot use all the functions of the radio. I would think that they would send accessories (screws, mounting brackets) since this is a custom piece and they themselves had to build custom brackets. I am on the fence right now on continuing to try to make my radio "fit" because I don't want to crack my bezel and "void" the warranty. This is an EXPENSIVE piece of upgraded accessory that is a lot of work to enjoy when it should be minimal. My suggestion in the future is ASK the customer what radio size does he plan on purchasing and build from there. Include hardware accessories (screws, mounting brackets). I think it would minimize the work the customer has to do to make it fit.

I made the exact same suggestions however I was told "it cant be done." However, I just put a double din headunit in my wifes MDX and there was a kit that was UNIVERSAL! It fit perfect and it would have fit ANY double din headunit. I really think saying, "these headunits will work with our product" is something that is fine to say. Yes new headunits come out all the time, however..you can go back and get units from years ago.

I made the exact same suggestions however I was told "it cant be done." However, I just put a double din headunit in my wifes MDX and there was a kit that was UNIVERSAL! It fit perfect and it would have fit ANY double din headunit. I really think saying, "these headunits will work with our product" is something that is fine to say. Yes new headunits come out all the time, however..you can go back and get units from years ago.

yeah right now, I am waiting for a response from him to see what my options are...it is a quality accessory, I just want some positive results with mine.

I am still very underwhelmed with the cost to quality. When I first opened it...I was floored. However, once I went to install everything I quickly had buyers remorse.

I am still very underwhelmed with the cost to quality. When I first opened it...I was floored. However, once I went to install everything I quickly had buyers remorse.

I wont go that far about buyers remorse, FRUSTRATED...YES, I wish they would of included mounting bracket at a minimum because of the customization of the accessory (they also had to fabricate custom brackets) and when they changed the screw holes, they should of provided that also. But this bezel looks great.

The dash panels have been designed to fit most double din radios on the market. This will never be a drop in fitment piece due to the many complexities of the NSX radio mount. The example for a Metra dash kit that fits a DD is not relevant here because those radios are mounted on stock brackets with no varying angle as the radio is mounted flat with OEM bolts. This dash piece is meant to accommodate a DD unit at a new tilted angle that is not the factory mounting position. As such there are varying ways and methods to mount the radio which makes it impossible to offer a one size fits all bracket. We would be happy to post pictures of a "typical" installation if this would help.

We recommend this installation be performed by a competent stereo shop that works with radio installations. This could be a DIY but not meant for a direct swap in fitment. That is impossible due to the many aspects of the installation of the radio pitch angle. Even in a flush DD install, the brackets need to be fine tuned a bit to mate with the proper DD unit. Final fitment needs to be done for everything to line up properly.

We realize this is not something everyone is comfortable doing so if you want to send in your radio to us PRIOR to purchase, we can do the final fitment adjustments here for the dash panel. However there will be a charge for this service since it would be the same cost you would pay any professional stereo shop to do the work.

For those with issues, we have given you our tech support number so please reach out to us and we would be happy to walk you though the installation. We are one of the few stereo shops that offer this type of one-one customer service. For both of the guys above we have already PM'd you about the situation so please call us if you need additional support.

thank you

- - - Updated - - -

hello all, this is Craig one of the guys here and I was asked to post some more installation pictures of the DD "behind the scenes" so you can see how the deck is mounted. Since essentially we are moving the DD deck from the original position to a lower tiled position that used to be occupied by the ashtray, there are some simple modifications that need to be completed to the open dash cavity. This creates some space for the DD unit to reside in the lower ashtray space.

When you remove all the electronics from the center dash this is what you see, note we have the side foam sections cut out here already:

We use simple sheet metal brackets to secure the radio in the lower position as shown, don't tighten everything yet since you need to play with the angle of the deck so it lines up properly with the DD panel. The deck needs to clear the faceplate and thus the rear section may/may not need to be trimmed. Every owner has their own preference on how far the deck should protrude out of the faceplate so there is no right or wrong way here. The more recessed it is the better the glare reduction here.

In the example below you can see we opted to paint the inner trim section in matte black while the dash panel is done in factory color:

here's another shot of the dash cavity with the opening ready to accept the DD radio (*note you do not need to remove the steering wheel)

This is how the radio should sit in relation to the dash panel, one thing we should note here is the dash panel SHOULD NOT be supporting the weight of the radio. The radio should be properly secured with the brackets thus the dash panel is only the beauty trim panel. For motorized faceplates it's imperative you leave enough clearance (2-3mm) on all sides for the motor assembly to pivot out. Take your time and tape off the sections you are not working with so as not to scratch the panel.

thanks and as always, any questions please email or PM us!

Last edited:

Thanks for posting the pics of the install process....my question is about the foam removal on the side. did you removed the entire piece of foam that protruded about a 1/4 inch on each side with that curved bump on top of it or was the removal more than that. You cannot tell in the first pic posted. Thanks.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting the pics of the install process....my question is about the foam removal on the side. did you removed the entire piece of foam that protruded about a 1/4 inch on each side with that curved bump on top of it or was the removal more than that. You cannot tell in the first pic posted. Thanks.

Please PM us to discuss further but here's a shot of the radio prior to the panel being installed:

For those of you waiting, we finally have some CF power window door trim pieces back in stock!

We also have a few FRP and CF dash panels in stock ready to ship:

Happy Monday!

Dash panels and CF trim pieces are in stock for immediate delivery while supplies last.

Due to popular demand we will now offer our own dual USB power jack option. This is by far the highest quality piece out there with OEM color / feel. Each unit has backlit blue LED's that highlight the dual USB ports. The blue lighting shows through the cover when not in use for easy visibility at night. Mounting options are endless (coin tray, dash panel, center console, glove box, under dash, etc.)

Whether you own one of our dash panels or just wish to clean up the clutter of 12v+ wires going everything your car, this is the best OEM quality piece to add!

Questions please feel free to ask!

^^ How much??

We are still working on the price and will post it once we have it, sorry for delay!

Take advantage of our BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS only till end of November! All orders must be confirmed and paid prior to that date to qualify.

Only 7-days left! :)

Discounts of $50-200 off qualifying purchases depending on the item. We have some steering wheels in stock and still have enough time to finish any custom builds for X'mas delivery at this point.

Questions PM us or email:
[email protected]

www.euroboutique.us

If I would have known before hand that I had to use smaller screws, I had to cut up the inside of the console (The OEM hard foam), use hot glue to help "hold" the shift boot and coin holder into place I NEVER would have bought this piece! (These are all suggestions from Euro Boutique.) I have already started making this piece fit and I know I will not get a refund....but EVERYONE please be aware this does cut up the inside of your console, you WILL need to sand the piece to get it to fit, and you will have to use smaller screws and hot glue to hold things in place. When I think of a $1200 piece made of carbon fiber, I don't think of sanding and using hot glue to "make things fit."

Just in case anyone doesn't know EVERYTHING that comes along with installing this piece.

If I would have known before hand that I had to use smaller screws, I had to cut up the inside of the console (The OEM hard foam), use hot glue to help "hold" the shift boot and coin holder into place I NEVER would have bought this piece! (These are all suggestions from Euro Boutique.) I have already started making this piece fit and I know I will not get a refund....but EVERYONE please be aware this does cut up the inside of your console, you WILL need to sand the piece to get it to fit, and you will have to use smaller screws and hot glue to hold things in place. When I think of a $1200 piece made of carbon fiber, I don't think of sanding and using hot glue to "make things fit."

Just in case anyone doesn't know EVERYTHING that comes along with installing this piece.

Hot glue should never ever be used in a car interior. It will melt.

thefirstPACT: Glad we were able to work things out - apologies for any mis-understanding!

Just for the record, we did post this already on POST #83 but wanted to state here again since PRIME won't let us edit our first post (too old my guess). Our carbon fiber dash panels are made of FRP cores with a CF top layer and UV protectant clear coat. This is an extremely strong and durable finish thus we warranty the CF for 1 year from date of purchase.

All double din dash panels may need to be sanded on the inner opening to accommodate the various aftermarket decks on the market. We would be happy to do the work for you here if this is not your cup of tea or any competent local stereo shop can also perform the work. Also due to the movement of the radio from the stock location to the lower angled position, some foam needs to be removed as shown in our photos posted to make room for the radio mounted near the ashtray.

Any questions PLEASE PM us first prior to ordering so we are all on the same page.

Hot glue should never ever be used in a car interior. It will melt.

Agreed, we have a new improved version with stronger screw holes. Anyone who has one of our older pieces and wishes to get the new improved version, please PM us and we would be happy do swap it out at no charge!

We have asked admins to REVISE our first post since much of the information is outdated now but wanted to post it here as well so we can refer people to the new contents first. Any questions please PM us first, this is not a full time job for us and strictly a hobby :)

-----------------------------

Because many things have changed since our initial development of this project, please READ THIS post in it’s entirety. We could not edit the original thread post as 1 year has elapsed so have asked the admins to do this so there is 100% transparency and everyone knows exactly what they are getting and what work needs to be done.

First let me say when we started this project back in August/2014, our goals have not changed and the product you see below is the work of many many months of testing, preparation and more fitment testing. But as with any project, certain things change as development challenges and obstacles come up.

The biggest problem with the NSX center dash piece is due to the angle - any DD dash or LCD screen for that matter mounted flush to the dash will create massive glare. Everyone is aware of this problem so we set about in our mission to create a solution that we think addresses most issues with any double din installation.

Some of the biggest issues are:

1) You pay a stereo shop “X” amount of labor hours (typically $70-100 per) to modify your OEM dash panel plus costs to get it color matched
2) You LOSE your OEM dash panel and won’t be able to go back to stock (new replacements retail for $800+)
3) Car will be in the shop for at least 3-4 days for the work to be completed thus down time
4) Glare problem will be there from the LCD screen
5) Ashtray gets in the way or doesn’t work properly - many of you don’t even use the ashtray
6) It’s very hard to get an exact paint color code match
7) No carbon fiber finish

Typical NSX owner’s wish list based on our experience modifying past NSX owner’s dash panels:

a) Reduce glare by angling the DD unit at an angle more upright from the dash panel
b) Create a pre-made OEM dash panel replacement that allows owners to have a replacement without sacrificing their OEM dash panel
c) Offer both a FRP (paintable) or CF finish dash panel based on customer needs
d) Minimize “down” time and create a product that ANY NSX owner can utilize instead of only being able to offer the service to local customers*
e) Relocate unsightly ashtray plug to somewhere more discrete (fingers hit the wires protruding out of cigarette lighter which gets in way of shifting)

We believe our custom angled DD dash panel addresses “a - e” shown below:

Here are some photos of our 1st gen DD “modified OEM dash panel” - these were customers who sent us their OEM dash panel for modification. Typically it would take us 15 hours or more to make the necessary modifications plus paint. As you can see in these photos the customers had special requests for V1 displays, switches to customize for their own use. We offer this service but it takes a lot of time / effort to build each one.

This is our 2nd gen DD angled dash panel installed (ask you can see the ashtray is deleted)

We offer our 2nd gen Angled DD dash panel in 2 finishes, each one is built from the same mold and will accommodate most DD head units. The FRP model is meant to be painted by owner to match their OEM dash trim. The carbon model is made from CF with an FRP inner core. The CF finish is carefully applied to match the same weave pattern. Finally a very strong UV clear coat is applied to give the dash a long lasting appearance for our CF model. We offer a 1 year warranty on all dash panels from date of purchase.

FRP 1:

FRP 2:

FRP 3:

CF/FRP core 1:

CF/FRP core 2:

CF/FRP core 3:

Rear View of dash panel with screw mounts:

***Installation notes***

These dash panels will require some basic installation skills so if this is not your cup of tea we HIGHLY recommend you take it to a reputable stereo shop to do the work. We have done most of the hard work in creating the dash panel. The final fitment may require sanding. For us to produce this panel, we knew we had to make it “adjustable” to fit the wide variety of decks on the market. To do this we created a very thick and robust dash panel with extra material as a safety cushion. This allows the installer/user to do final fitment of the dash panel to the radio by sanding to remove material as needed. Since every brand mfr. offers DD with various dimensions, some units will require sanding of the opening to allow the unit to operate properly. The main reason is with our design, the faceplate is recessed into the dash panel thus clearance is critical. A critical part of the install is positioning the radio at the proper angle in relation to the dash panel. Some owners prefer the unit to sit further in the dash others prefer it to protrude further out. All of this is adjusted by creating the proper brackets to secure the radio thus we recommend either modifying your OEM radio brackets or picking up some right angle brackets at a hardware store.

Please keep in mind our DD dash panels are hand made pieces which move the stock radio from a higher location and relocates it to a more optimum viewing angle however this requires some basic work. If you think about it, the radio is now occupying some of the ashtray real estate because it’s tilted downwards. To make this possible, the NSX internal dash area needs to be slightly modified and custom brackets need to be made to hold the radio in this new position. You can see the work that needs to be done in the photos below:

We realize that not all NSX owners may have a local shop to do the fitment work or may not have time to do the work so as a service, we will now offer the ability for someone to send in their DD radio to us to get the fitment done here so we can ensure fitment. If you want to take advantage this service, please PM us to get instructions on how to proceed.

***PRICING***

FRP Dash panel (requires paint) is offered at $599.00 + shipping

CF/FRP core dash panel is offered at $1199* + shipping

(If you do not wish for us to do the fitment and will take care of this locally, please subtract $100 from above costs)

We think the final install and look of our dash panels really address most of the wish list items and solve the negative issues. This is a real labor of love type of project and when we started this years ago - we have been on a steep learning curve. As things constantly change, we welcome any input in terms of how to improve the product as well.

We also offer OEM power window door trim and matching center vent pieces and of course our Flat bottom steering wheels to match!

OEM dash panel setup:

Power window trim pieces (sold in pairs) $599:

OEM Center vent $399

Cruise control:

Horns:

Steering wheel:

thank you for taking the time to read this entire post!

Staff at EuroBoutique

www.eurobouique.us

I would like to personally thank Euro Boutique on their ability to stand next to their product. I had given them my thoughts and they listened, They had even recognized room for improvement and are now even offering fitting of head units. While I do not have the console anymore...I can't say I won't purchase anything from them again. Thank you guys again.

Back