• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yes! I've just bought my Imola!!!

Hi All,

Some of you might know that I reluctantly sold my 91 +02 conversion to my mate Arfiman here in Dubai. He's a keen and avid Honda enthusiast and wanted my car badly so its now his.

With that in mind I've always wanted, lusted, and drooled over the Imola Orange NSX and as luck has it I've just bought the 02 Imola/Onyx that was for sale here on Prime.

Thank you Craig at Jody Wilkinson Acura for the superb service and handling the transaction for me. Thanks to The Kid for the advice on my model search and many thanks to Viper Driver for the superb friendship and advice on this 02.

You know you want a car when your wheeling and dealing on it at 3:35am in the morning (being overseas doesn't help) so now I'm terribly tired at work!

WHOOOOOOOOOWHO! So excited!

awesome.. Congrats! :biggrin: That is a great color.

sun-kiss'd NSX...

Congratz' on this acquisition of an Imola orange pearl NSX! They are in a realm of their own, in terms of visual/sensory uniqueness... :cool:

So, what are your plans... I do recall you stated this would be a your 'garage-queen' for when you eventually return to Canada. As you sold your '91 Berlina black NSX, will you ship the '02 Imola to Dubai, or acquire another earlier model-year NSX for your international excursion?

I could store her in my cozy,safe garage here in Canada for you while you are away:rolleyes:
He will have it in the Middle East faster than an orange speeding bullet :biggrin:

Re: sun-kiss'd NSX...

Well I was intending on keeping the 91 forever but I've recently received a huge promotion at work and this has enabled me to grab the Imola. I'm fortunate that my mate Arfiman wanted the 91 and appreciated all the work I've done to it so its going to a great home.

This Imola will be with me forever as I'm looking to start a family and can't go into the mods like I did before. I've already got new wheels for the Imola and will add on another Taitec GT Lightweight exhaust and my Kenwood Double Din headunit.

This car will be my garage queen and driven often but not too often...its coming to Dubai and then back to Canada when I return.

Wow dude, you move fast :biggrin: Congrats :cool:

Honestly, I never meant to. I promised my GF that I'd wait but this car is a pristine example and I thought as these cars don't come up for sale that often I could be waiting for a long while.:redface:

I wanted the 05 with 66miles but seeing as I'm also buying a property in 2 weeks it would have killed me - well maybe my GF would have killed me...haha.:eek:

Ah, thats my boy. :biggrin: Im so happy for you...one of my top 5 NSX's, Congrats. Let me know if there is anything you need:wink:

just looked it up

That is a really sweet car :eek: . Give us lots of pics when you get her to Dubai.
I've got a five year wait to get a NSX, so no crying about shipping times :smile:

Re: just looked it up

You know Kid I think these cars are even more rare than the Zanardi's...

49 made in total between 2002 and 2005
1 automatic made!
8 with the Imola Orange/Onyx interior and I now have 1 of them!!!
41 made with the Imola/Orange interior

Major congrats! I know you've been wanting this car for a long time and I LOVE the color as you know. This should be very fun for you, sorry you had to let the 91 go...

Be sure to upload pics of it in that empty garage ;-).

WHOOO ORANGE!!!!!

Awesome, just awesome! I don't know why I am so happy, it feels like I've bought it or something, haha!

Really happy that you managed to snag this excellent example - methinks it is time a mini photoshoot in Dubai was organised!!

Can't wait to see her in person - not get some sleep already!

Congrats to both of you. Win-win for both parties.

oh wow! you sold your NSX huh? I just absolutely adored your exotic interior on it..

so were the lucky guy who picked up the Imola on ebay?

oh wow! you sold your NSX huh? I just absolutely adored your exotic interior on it..

so were the lucky guy who picked up the Imola on ebay?

No no...Synth was the lucky guy who picked up the other Imola on Ebay...he got a steal of a deal on that one! He's helped me in finding this one as well.

We are slowly but surely building or shall I say "taking over the NSX community" over here in Dubai. Present owners are:

1. Arfiman - 91 +02 conversion black
2. Jetpilot - 02 Imola
3. DubaiRich - 92 Red/Black
4. Gino - 2003 Silverstone Automatic and 2005 Silverstone Automatic (yes he owns the very last automatic made!)
5. Sam - 95 Red SOS Comptech Supercharged Widebody with +02 conversion
6. Mo - 91 Black Automatic (arriving in August)
7. Khalid - 94 White Supercharged +02 conversion

There might be more but these are the cars I've previously seen...Next up Dubai NSX meet!

oooh.. ic. what's the mileage on this new Imola you picked up?

nevertheless, congrats on the purchase!

Congrats. Having almost bought that car, I have followed it's long transfromation over the past year. You've got alot of blood, sweat and tears in it. I hope your friend realizes how lucky he is. Will he be a "new" member here?

Congrats. Having almost bought that car, I have followed it's long transfromation over the past year. You've got alot of blood, sweat and tears in it. I hope your friend realizes how lucky he is. Will he be a "new" member here?

He sure is..."Arfiman". I think he posted above...

This car was a fun project to work on and it taught me alot about mods and how to personalize a car. I've never modified or worked on my own cars and this was a real treat to enjoy. Arfiman is a major Honda head and presently owns a S2K and is crazy about NSX's as well. He'll be a great owner for this car...:smile:

Back