• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yes or No? Veilside Fortune Maisty

Love the Comptech kit until you get to the spoiler. That ruins it to me.

Thats why we cut up the rear quarters and reglassed it to use the factory wing... so much better IMO.

Now with the VS kit... if it wasnt for the headlights and wannabe Ferrari taillights it wouldnt be bad.

With all due respect I have seen them. There is a local that has one and it's not for me it takes away one of the coolest things about the NSX its sexy aluminum body.

I can appreciate the people that invest the time and money to make their cars personal, but it's not something I would never consider. I would buy a different car if I wanted something so drastically different. My Pops has a wide body with all the Fixins he has been trying to get me to sell my car and buy his because he has a new toy he is working on (Ultima GTR). I just can't bring myself to part with my car. I love the lines of the NSX. The extreme body kits look rice to me. There are some that look like they could come from the factory like Vroom, NSXGT those cars were well done and mostly one off. The Veilside just don't do it for me.

008-1.jpg

Yea I saw that white one "Vroom".......that is a sick NSX. Seriously. That is individuality at its finest. It's very rare that I see a car and say that there is nothing I would change. I'm very unique. But that one is a definite go...hands down.

no offense to anyone who has a body "kit" or any other form of over the top plastic attachments but i just dont get them...i can appreciate a little here and there to ENHANCE a TIMELESS design that so many talk about all the time....but to butcher and design a whole new shell is just mockery....i mean its no longer an NSX and to call it one is slap in the face of such a beautiful car that has stood the test of time. Lets face it in todays day and age about the only thing that a regular NSX has left for itself is it looks and if you take that away all your left with is an aluminum suspension under all the pile of plastic. I am starting to understand what alot of car enthusiast mean on other car forums who say "great cars i dont get to see much of them anymore but if i do its all riced out"

Anyways that just my 2cents. :biggrin:

No offense to any VS owners but the problem with the VS kit, to me, is that its fake, wannabe F50 rear end ruins it for me. The front looks ok.

Thats why we cut up the rear quarters and reglassed it to use the factory wing... so much better IMO.

Now with the VS kit... if it wasnt for the headlights and wannabe Ferrari taillights it wouldnt be bad.

It appears a lot of people thinks that the VS kit "look ok but if it wasn't for this or that detail it wouldn't be bad". I guess it's the same for all cars, one can always find details that's not in ones taste. With a few exceptions of course =)

About the "Ferrari" headlights. Give it a little more thought. Are all cars that sports round rear taillights Ferrari rip offs? Here are some examples:

Ferrari F50 as reference
Ferrari-F50-Rear-Mesh-st.jpg

The Corvette C6
techo-corvete-c6-3.jpg

Saleen S7

2001-Saleen-S7-R-Rear-View.jpg

VS NSX

veilside-nsx-rear.jpg

Nissan GTR

sstp_0909_05_z+2009_nissan_gtr+rear_taillights.jpg

Lotus

486565686_f3a01218d3.jpg

Now, do you hear people whining about the "Ferrari rip off" tail lights of these vehicles other than the VS NSX? Or that the design is "fake" due to the similarities? I don't.

no offense to anyone who has a body "kit" or any other form of over the top plastic attachments but i just dont get them...i can appreciate a little here and there to ENHANCE a TIMELESS design that so many talk about all the time....but to butcher and design a whole new shell is just mockery....i mean its no longer an NSX and to call it one is slap in the face of such a beautiful car that has stood the test of time. Lets face it in todays day and age about the only thing that a regular NSX has left for itself is it looks and if you take that away all your left with is an aluminum suspension under all the pile of plastic. I am starting to understand what alot of car enthusiast mean on other car forums who say "great cars i dont get to see much of them anymore but if i do its all riced out"

Anyways that just my 2cents. :biggrin:

Does "a little here and there" include the Sorcery or the KS Madonna? Or Vroooms design? Not even non-wide kits are fitting to "a little here and there". So I assume you you believe that NSX owners and Prime members who attach body kits to their cars are "mocking" you or someone.

Timeless design? That's funny. The NSX design is VERY late 80's early 90's car design and it looks very outdated compared to modern supercars. The NSX compared to i.e. a Zonda is what the Civic is to the NSX. Don't get me wrong, I do think the original NSX looks are beautiful, but they're definatly not timeless.

I hear a lot of plastic hate. Let me state the pros vs Alu.

+Lighter
+Cheaper
+Easier to work with and to repair
+Doesn't corrode. At all.

When people ask me what car I'm driving. I say I'm driving a heavily modified Honda NSX. But I do consider the VS kit as a kitcar build, using the NSX as a donor car.

With all due respect I have seen them. There is a local that has one and it's not for me it takes away one of the coolest things about the NSX its sexy aluminum body.

I can appreciate the people that invest the time and money to make their cars personal, but it's not something I would never consider. I would buy a different car if I wanted something so drastically different. My Pops has a wide body with all the Fixins he has been trying to get me to sell my car and buy his because he has a new toy he is working on (Ultima GTR). I just can't bring myself to part with my car. I love the lines of the NSX. The extreme body kits look rice to me. There are some that look like they could come from the factory like Vroom, NSXGT those cars were well done and mostly one off. The Veilside just don't do it for me.

008-1.jpg

Let's talk Ultima GTR. A fantastic design and a really exciting sports car

2005-Ultima-GTR-640-FA-Top-1024x768.jpg

Ultima-GTR720-02.jpg

Now. I live next door to Jon Olsson who thought: "well, the Ultima GTR is really something, but I would like to personalize it even more and do something extreme"

This is the result:

DSC4901-Redigera2-710x471.jpg

DSC4947-Redigera-710x471.jpg

Did he butcher the original "intended" design? Or did he enhance it. My god, he did build a fantastic car with the Ultima GTR as base!

I did the same. I love the NSX in all ways, but wanted an updated supercar look.

NO! The blue NSX shown on Page 1 is a winner but the Veilside look reminds me of a snake...ewww.

I'm not a fan of any kit really as the beauty of the plain ol NSX is what does it for me.

IMO all you need to do on an nsx is a simple lowering and a nice set of wheels. maybe an 02 rear valence. thats really all and it still looks modern and new.

i cant even count on two hands how many people have asked me if the car was brand new. the nsx definitely doesnt look dated.

the VS kit makes it look dated compared to the stock body. of course all my opinion though.

Timeless design? That's funny. The NSX design is VERY late 80's early 90's car design and it looks very outdated compared to modern supercars. The NSX compared to i.e. a Zonda is what the Civic is to the NSX. Don't get me wrong, I do think the original NSX looks are beautiful, but they're definatly not timeless.

I hear a lot of plastic hate. Let me state the pros vs Alu.

+Lighter
+Cheaper
+Easier to work with and to repair
+Doesn't corrode. At all.

When people ask me what car I'm driving. I say I'm driving a heavily modified Honda NSX. But I do consider the VS kit as a kitcar build, using the NSX as a donor car.

No disrespect, but when I hear the above, I just dont understand why someone would want an NSX to begin with.

I dont think its a good platform for a kit car, to be honest, at all. And once this much plastic bodywork has been grafted onto it, the original concept is gone.

Anyone who feels its 'dated', 'not modern anymore', etc... Why not just *buy a modern car*? Anyone who for whatever reason actually likes the plastic kit car look, why not just build one of those?

Not being facetious, I actually dont really understand the idea of being a "HUGE FAN!" of a classic car, but then taking it and effectively throwing everything about it out the window and replacing it completely with kit from various tuners (so many of whom have just wretched quality standards, no R&D at all really, etc)

You say you love the NSX but want a "modern supercar look". What do you love about it? I ask because....

Kits that radical change nearly everything about the car. The weight, proportions, balance, dimensions, handling. EVERYTHING is changed by something as radical as the VS kit. And to add a dash of irony, most of the cars that have the super extreme "kits", have zero work done to engine/suspension/brakes/etc. I've been in and around many of them and Ive found nearly universally the quality of fitment, fabrication, etc is just horrible.

Ive also seen cars that do go to that final frontier. Cases where the owner does continue to insist that they "love" the NSX, but just needed to change every body panel, the front clip, the engine, the suspension, the brakes, the interior... You know... to make it "more modern". Thats great and people can spend their money how they want, but I cannot fathom how there is *any* love for the actual car in that. Maybe thats love of some memory of what the NSX represented to them when they first saw it or something. But mods to that extent are basically designing a completely new car, just without the benefit of multi billion dollar OEM R&D.

Last edited:
About the "Ferrari" headlights. Give it a little more thought. Are all cars that sports round rear taillights Ferrari rip offs?

No I dont think all cars with round taillights are Ferrari ripoff's. Some look good, some dont. Simple as that. I personally dont like the VS round taillights. You have the kit because you like it. Thats what matters.

Comptech- Front looks dated, kinda make it look like an 80's "bodykit."

I'm in the process of installing the GT300 (Comptech knockoff) now, and I kept thinking the same thing. Now that someone actually said it, I think I may have to go a different route with the front bumper :frown:

I'm in the process of installing the GT300 (Comptech knockoff) now, and I kept thinking the same thing. Now that someone actually said it, I think I may have to go a different route with the front bumper :frown:

I agree with synth about the dated look of the comptech front bumper. It ain't right:smile:

IMO all you need to do on an nsx is a simple lowering and a nice set of wheels. maybe an 02 rear valence. thats really all and it still looks modern and new.

i cant even count on two hands how many people have asked me if the car was brand new. the nsx definitely doesnt look dated.

the VS kit makes it look dated compared to the stock body. of course all my opinion though.

+1 also add a in dash nav system DONE!

No disrespect, but when I hear the above, I just dont understand why someone would want an NSX to begin with.

I dont think its a good platform for a kit car, to be honest, at all. And once this much plastic bodywork has been grafted onto it, the original concept is gone.

Anyone who feels its 'dated', 'not modern anymore', etc... Why not just *buy a modern car*? Anyone who for whatever reason actually likes the plastic kit car look, why not just build one of those?

Not being facetious, I actually dont really understand the idea of being a "HUGE FAN!" of a classic car, but then taking it and effectively throwing everything about it out the window and replacing it completely with kit from various tuners (so many of whom have just wretched quality standards, no R&D at all really, etc)

You say you love the NSX but want a "modern supercar look". What do you love about it? I ask because....

Kits that radical change nearly everything about the car. The weight, proportions, balance, dimensions, handling. EVERYTHING is changed by something as radical as the VS kit. And to add a dash of irony, most of the cars that have the super extreme "kits", have zero work done to engine/suspension/brakes/etc. I've been in and around many of them and Ive found nearly universally the quality of fitment, fabrication, etc is just horrible.

Ive also seen cars that do go to that final frontier. Cases where the owner does continue to insist that they "love" the NSX, but just needed to change every body panel, the front clip, the engine, the suspension, the brakes, the interior... You know... to make it "more modern". Thats great and people can spend their money how they want, but I cannot fathom how there is *any* love for the actual car in that. Maybe thats love of some memory of what the NSX represented to them when they first saw it or something. But mods to that extent are basically designing a completely new car, just without the benefit of multi billion dollar OEM R&D.

+1
If anyone wants a modern sports car then just go buy a modern sports car..or supercar as some of you would like to refer to. To make an NSX shell look like a supercar is a mockery not to me but to the car and to the engineers and designers who built such an amazing machine. Most people who see a VS nsx will fancy at it because they never seen one but i am sure most are thinking to themselves "why ruin such a beautiful design".
About the only people who will drool over these kit design are the JDM crowd and your average fart can sounding civic/integra crowd.
The NSX is a superb car far and above what most offered in the 90's but it never was and never will be a "SUPERCAR". Some say its outdated because it doesnt have navigation and some of the other bells and whitles found in modern day cars - some of which can be easily updated with a little bit of money and innovation. BUTTTT to call the styling outdated is simply wrong. To this day people love the design...MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT 99% of non-nsx owner will agree that if there is one thing that they admired about the car it was it design and presence. Indeed the NSX owes no appoligizes to to anyone about what its not...it was 20 years ago, and still is today, a formidable design that has stood the test time and will stand the test of time --- and this is why its "timeless"

ps. again its my 2cents.
its your car, your money...do as you wish.

Last edited:
Velside, route ks and comptech kits are just plain ugly, only kit that is tolerable is the kit on the blue NSx. I hate body kits but that one looks ok IMO.

Yes! Uh oh, what have I started :biggrin:

its just one of those things. why mess with something that was so great to begin with...to make it worse? i just cant imagine taking the highly coveted aluminum body...which is a first in the auto industry, a piece of timeless history...and ruining it with plastic, fiber glass...whatever those kits are. just degrading the car and everything it stood and stands for. it has nothing to do with being a purist, i sure as hell am not....its more about what previous posters have said...if you want a kit car, go start with something else...maybe a fiero? or if you want something that resembles a supercar, save up and buy an 80s supercar. dont ruin the rare, dwindling in numbers NSX. just my opinion of course :smile:

+1
If anyone wants a modern sports car then just go buy a modern sports car..or supercar as some of you would like to refer to. To make an NSX shell look like a supercar is a mockery not to me but to the car and to the engineers and designers who built such an amazing machine. Most people who see a VS nsx will fancy at it because they never seen one but i am sure most are thinking to themselves "why ruin such a beautiful design".
About the only people who will drool over these kit design are the JDM crowd and your average fart can sounding civic/integra crowd.
The NSX is a superb car far and above what most offered in the 90's but it never was and never will be a "SUPERCAR". Some say its outdated because it doesnt have navigation and some of the other bells and whitles found in modern day cars - some of which can be easily updated with a little bit of money and innovation. BUTTTT to call the styling outdated is simply wrong. To this day people love the design...MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT 99% of non-nsx owner will agree that if there is one thing that they admired about the car it was it design and presence. Indeed the NSX owes no appoligizes to to anyone about what its not...it was 20 years ago, and still is today, a formidable design that has stood the test time and will stand the test of time --- and this is why its "timeless"

ps. again its my 2cents.

I agree with a large amount of what you have stated. Stating that the NSX isn't "timeless" is definitely a spit in the face.That car touched ground in 91 92 with damn near THE same design indefinitely. Here we are in 2011 and if you park it ANYWHERE beside ANYTHING it DEMANDS its respect. PERIOD. THe only one thing to me that IS dated are the pop up lights. Yes, they do look sleeker on the car, but the fact is that nothing comes with those lights anymore, so any onlookers wondering what it is may not know what it is if they aren't a car enthusiast....but they know it might have age to it with the headlight situation. Take an 02+ and the game then changes again, Park it anywhere, anytime, etc and the response is amazing. I have YET to take the NSX out and not get onlookers to take photos, ask questions etc. chicks want to ride lol. Everyone has something to say. All this from a vehicle that pretty much kept its original platform and design since it first hit the scene. Honestly, I CANNOT think of NOT one other car that has done this... come to think of it... If that isn't "timeless' then the term "timeless" doesn't exist.

My two cents

Last edited:
DSC4947-Redigera-710x471.jpg

Did he butcher the original "intended" design? Or did he enhance it. My god, he did build a fantastic car with the Ultima GTR as base!

I did the same. I love the NSX in all ways, but wanted an updated supercar look.

That GTR was built Function over Form there is a difference. The VS is a "body kit" not a performance enhancing downforce machine like the GTR above.

ultimagtrlincc30025.jpg

Last edited:
Some general thoughts... I get the feeling that there seem to be three different kinds of people writing in this thread. Firstly, the ones that are open-minded about modifying, rebuilding, who endorse and seek personalization of the NSX and do not settle with the stock performance and looks. Secondly, the ones that are more modest and settle with more suttle modifications. A little "here and there" as have been said previously. Maybe even a bodykit. And the third category, the purists, who see no reason to do anything in terms of modifying the NSX more than changing the wheels, tops.

I acknowledge the right to feel and do what you want to do and can understand the feelings of all the categories of people named above, and that prime is a resource and meeting place where we can share are thoughts. I do however feel that people sometimes just write their feelings without thinking. The PO of my car spent over 400 hours of hard work building and repairing it, and then go hearing people using disrespectful rethoric really takes the fun out of it. Saying that the design "isn't for me" is a completely different thing than saying "that's fucking ugly man, go get another car, don't ruin the NSX, you are spitting the engineers and designers a Honda in the face".

I drive the NSX for probably the same reasons as you. I can not think of any other sports car/super car with the same concept. You know what I mean, solid engineering, handling, balance, driveability, longetivity.

And you are right, the NSX is not a good platform for kit car builders, I withdraw this statement.

Is the question directed to the general audience or specifically to me? I can answer for me. Bying a "modern super car" is not an option for me. Not because of the costs (which are considerably higher) but because I want an enthusiast car which is modifiable. Would you do anything to an F50 if you owned one? Would you dare to even change the oil yourself? If you did, the resale goes out the window. A 20 year old low-end super car, the NSX, that's a whole other thing. You have a really great community (prime) with A LOT of knowledge and DIY's. You have SOS, Dali and other companys dedicated to NSX modifications. With my VS NSX, I have the looks that I love on a well known platform. It's the perfect car for me.

I feel sorry for you that you don't understand why a lot of NSX owners (not just me and other VS owners, but all who have built wide-bodys or just bodykits) modify their cars. I respect if you want to run stock, please do the same for us who don't. If other prime members who are running wide-bodys or body kits would like to chime in here, please feel free to do so.

Yes, it does change everything. And I hear that you suspect that the changes are for the worse. The weight of the VS kit compared to stock panels is 75 kg LESS, according to measurements by the builder of my car. From what I know about cars, less is better. I don't think the balance changes more than i.e. driving with a full tank versus driving with almost empty. Handling is changed due to wider track width, which is, I think, also for the better. The only thing that changes for the worse is probably wind drag due to larger frontal area. This can however be used by directing the air flow for aerodynamic tuning, I plan on doing some experiments later.

And yes, my car is stock with some exceptions. Not because I want it that way, I have just bought the car and I want to enjoy it this season. More mods planned for next season.

The quality of fitment is what you make of it. Spend more time and do a proper install. Many people are in a rush when building which is a mistake. Letting a project take it's time will yield a higher reward later when it's done.

So is your problem that these people persist in their love of the car, or that they are modifying them? Benefit of multi billion dollar R&D? Do you actually think that when you are outrun at the track from faster and improved NSXs?

No I dont think all cars with round taillights are Ferrari ripoff's. Some look good, some dont. Simple as that. I personally dont like the VS round taillights. You have the kit because you like it. Thats what matters.

Well thats a whole other thing. Stating that you don't like the VS taillights is ok, but you and Ric used the words "Ferrari F50 wannabe taillights/rear end". If the VS NSX is that, then the examples I've shown are also, which is untrue.

im thinking all this talk might make the few VS owners reevaluate their "love" for the NSX lol

Not me.

+1

Most people have never seen an NSX, less a VS NSX. And you kan keep speculate what people are thinking. All I can say is that the car has gotten extremely good response from people I've met so far. Prime is the only place where I've heard negative comments.

Not true. I own one so I know. Only had extremely positive response from all kinds of people, both the ones you mention and others.

ps. again its my 2cents.

The NSX is a low-end supercar that far exceeds categorization as a "sports car". I think most NSX owners agree with this. BTW, you can love a design despite it being "outdated". A design being "outdated" does not mean that it is not lovable.

its just one of those things. why mess with something that was so great to begin with...to make it worse? i just cant imagine taking the highly coveted aluminum body...which is a first in the auto industry, a piece of timeless history...and ruining it with plastic, fiber glass...whatever those kits are. just degrading the car and everything it stood and stands for. it has nothing to do with being a purist, i sure as hell am not....its more about what previous posters have said...if you want a kit car, go start with something else...maybe a fiero? or if you want something that resembles a supercar, save up and buy an 80s supercar. dont ruin the rare, dwindling in numbers NSX. just my opinion of course :smile:

You are entitled to your opinion that you think the design is "worse" and that I have "degraded" the car. I think it's way better and in some ways I have upgraded it =)

Fiber reinforced plastic has it's pros and cons just as all materials. For my application, it's the second best choice. Carbon would be better. And suggesting me to get a fiero instead of a NSX is just... well...

And I don't drive something that resembles a supercar. I'm driving one, since the NSX is a supercar. And I don't want an 80s supercar with 220 hp. (Ok I could drive the F40)

I agree with a large amount of what you have stated. Stating that the NSX isn't "timeless" is definitely a spit in the face.That car touched ground in 91 92 with damn near THE same design indefinitely. Here we are in 2011 and if you park it ANYWHERE beside ANYTHING it DEMANDS its respect. PERIOD.

My two cents

I suppose the term "timeless" is subjective. When I see a stock NSX, I see design traits from early 90's car designs. Period. That does not mean that I don't like the design. I think that designwise, the 90's sport cars are among the most beautiful ever built. I could definatly see myself riding a stock NSX or F355 but I'm more interested in my current setup.

That GTR was built Function over Form there is a difference. The VS is a "body kit" not a performance enhancing downforce machine like the GTR above.

ultimagtrlincc30025.jpg

I would be more than happy if you could supply a good reference for your statement that the VS kit is in no way a performance enhancing body kit. I'm interested in knowing the aerodynamics and how the kit has changed it compared to stock.

I do believe, that with some tweaks the VS kit could be a great performance enhancing kit.

This.

And I can't believe you can actually lie to yourself about it - LET ALONE US. The original Veilside M kit had air ride suspension on it. It is pure poseur. Don't get me wrong as even I have wrestled with the idea of going Veilside in the past, but you need to face reality and man up to the FACT it only hurts your performance and is a "looks only" deal.

Back