• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yes or No? Veilside Fortune Maisty

This.

And I can't believe you can actually lie to yourself about it - LET ALONE US. The original Veilside M kit had air ride suspension on it. It is pure poseur. Don't get me wrong as even I have wrestled with the idea of going Veilside in the past, but you need to face reality and man up to the FACT it only hurts your performance and is a "looks only" deal.

I'm not saying and never had said that the VS kit actually improves the performance. But I do however want proof or reference to such a claim or the opposite of mere interest, especially when you are referencing to "facts".

BTW, it is a serious accusation to state that someone is lying. I consider myself a decent man and I take full responsibility for anything I write or say. If someone thinks they have solid reasons to believe otherwise, please contact me by pm with the accusation and explain why.

If these statements about the VS kit I've made are untrue I would like to know because then I've been misinformed:

1. The weight of the VS kit compared to stock panels is 75 kg LESS, according to measurements by the builder of my car. From what I know about cars, less is better.

2. I don't think the balance changes more than i.e. driving with a full tank versus driving with almost empty. Handling is changed due to wider track width, which is, I think, also for the better.

3. The only thing that changes for the worse is probably wind drag due to larger frontal area. This can however be used by directing the air flow for aerodynamic tuning.

Question: Can a air ride system (4 wheel independent) be tuned to a state of which it is considered a good setup? With good I mean something equal or better as the stock NSX suspension.

Last edited:
I'm not saying and never had said that the VS kit actually improves the performance. But I do however want proof or reference to such a claim or the opposite of mere interest, especially when you are referencing to "facts".

BTW, it is a serious accusation to state that someone is lying. I consider myself a decent man and I take full responsibility for anything I write or say. If someone thinks they have solid reasons to believe otherwise, please contact me by pm with the accusation and explain why.

If these statements about the VS kit I've made are untrue I would like to know because then I've been misinformed:

1. The weight of the VS kit compared to stock panels is 75 kg LESS, according to measurements by the builder of my car. From what I know about cars, less is better.

2. I don't think the balance changes more than i.e. driving with a full tank versus driving with almost empty. Handling is changed due to wider track width, which is, I think, also for the better.

3. The only thing that changes for the worse is probably wind drag due to larger frontal area. This can however be used by directing the air flow for aerodynamic tuning.

Question: Can a air ride system (4 wheel independent) be tuned to a state of which it is considered a good setup? With good I mean something equal or better as the stock NSX suspension.

Hey bro, I see you kind of let a few comments get under your skin it seems. I learned long before even joining Prime that you have to enter the community with a thick skin lol. everyone is opinionated. As I myself stated early in the thread, I like the NSX the way it is (I think the pop ups need to go though. They aren't ugly...just out dated), and I also like the veilside. I wouldn't say that it is ''ugly''....although some here may feel so for whatever reason. However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's theirs, they own it. Obviously you liked it enough to go through with it, you obviously do not regret the move...that is really all that matters. NO one else on prime has to be happy with your car. You do. Honestly, as much as I love NSX's I must say that there ARE definitely a few that I look at and go like "WTF were they thinking...why'd they do that to THAT car'' lol. I like my car as it is, but I still want to go further with it. I considered the veilside before, then I decided I may just go 2002 conversion with DF type R hood and Stacey skirts, 02 rear valence and tail light. and what I do KNOW for a FACT is that WHICHEVER route I go.....hold on, let's go back...even if I went neither, the onlookers are already in amaze at the car...looking in awe. so either change will be equal or more. Essentially though, I'm going to do what I like....not everyone else.

my 2cents

Last edited:
Listen Bro if your happy with your car that is all that maters. I like your car from the pictures it has a good fit and finish. Screw the Haters and keep the shinny side up:smile:

Hey bro, I see you kind of let a few comments get under your skin it seems. I learned long before even joining Prime that you have to enter the community with a thick skin lol. everyone is opinionated. As I myself stated early in the thread, I like the NSX the way it is (I think the pop ups need to go though. They aren't ugly...just out dated), and I also like the veilside. I wouldn't say that it is ''ugly''....although some here may feel so for whatever reason. However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's theirs, they own it. Obviously you liked it enough to go through with it, you obviously do not regret the move...that is really all that matters. NO one else on prime has to be happy with your car. You do. Honestly, as much as I love NSX's I must say that there ARE definitely a few that I look at and go like "WTF were they thinking...why'd they do that to THAT car'' lol. I like my car as it is, but I still want to go further with it. I considered the veilside before, then I decided I may just go 2002 conversion with DF type R hood and Stacey skirts, 02 rear valence and tail light. and what I do KNOW for a FACT is that WHICHEVER route I go.....hold on, let's go back...even if I went neither, the onlookers are already in amaze at the car...looking in awe. so either change will be equal or more. Essentially though, I'm going to do what I like....not everyone else.

my 2cents

I don't appreciate being called a liar, under no circumstances. Some people get loose on the keyboard an write and say stuff they would never say or do IRL which is an internet phenomenon due to the anonymity that it offers (see funny xkcd below). I however hold everyone responsible for every word they write, including me. Moreover, rude comments about someones hard work is just plain mean.

listen_to_yourself.png

Listen Bro if your happy with your car that is all that maters. I like your car from the pictures it has a good fit and finish. Screw the Haters and keep the shinny side up:smile:

Thank you :smile:

I don't appreciate being called a liar, under no circumstances. Some people get loose on the keyboard an write and say stuff they would never say or do IRL which is an internet phenomenon due to the anonymity that it offers (see funny xkcd below). I however hold everyone responsible for every word they write, including me. Moreover, rude comments about someones hard work is just plain mean.

listen_to_yourself.png

Thank you :smile:

You are not a liar you sound like an awesome
person in that u havent taken things perosnally and handled what people said with class and conducted yourself like an adult....so don't take the criticism to heart broh
You have a nice ride and enjoy it. I am one of those peeps who criticized body kits but at the end of the day if ur happy then that's all that matters.

You are not a liar you sound like an awesome
person in that u havent taken things perosnally and handled what people said with class and conducted yourself like an adult....so don't take the criticism to heart broh
You have a nice ride and enjoy it. I am one of those peeps who criticized body kits but at the end of the day if ur happy then that's all that matters.

Well thank you :smile:

Criticism is ok and I endorse it, but "bashing" is not. It's all about manners. Not taking anything to heart and never had, but I think everyone can agree that its definitely not any fun to read or hear anyone throwing crap at your car or calling you a liar, but again constructive criticism is good and brings new perspective into the picture if you know what I mean.

And my question about the air ride system remain, if anyone knows the potentials of them.

First off, my apologies. Wasn't trying to insinuate that you are trying to pass lies as fact. I was TRYING to point out that the bodykit will in no way help improve your performance. It is a for show item only.

I did some calculations. Thanks to gregarious amounts of actual carbon fiber used, depending on the year of the NSX, you do indeed have the ability to shed between 61-75kg. Frankly, I was shocked to find this true. I can only assume the weight is mostly saved in the bonnet, rear quarter intakes and mirrors. That is a lot of weight saved over an aluminium body. Thing is, I am trusting some random internet numbers and would like to see an overall scale weight - yours vs. another NSX on a scale. I can't find where it has ever been done.

As for aerodynamics, it's hard to say. I've never seen a Veilside anything on a race track. Ever. Which is why I eluded to Veilside owners being focused on looks versus performance. If I had a Veilside, I wouldn't risk it on the track either.

As for air ride, it is the choice of Mac Trucks. I am unaware of a single race team that has dumped their suspension system for bags. Of course, they don't have a baller stance with serious poke. Does yours even have air ride? I was referring to the concept unveiled at the Tokyo Auto Salon. If you have the same setup, that's awesome.

Thing is, I love your car. I loved it when it belonged to Ollie. I loved it when I saw it (different one) at NSXPO this pat year. I wasn't chiding your choice in car. I love your car! But I also realize that it is a show car. It is all image. It looks awesome but it will never be considered a performance oriented vehicle by myself or most others.

And this brings me back to what I originally posted. This is a form over function kit. It was not designed to make the NSX into a track car. You were trying to relate it to the Ultima GTR and when I called you out you got upset with me. You own a model, not a thug. Your car has shed some weight, but did you buy your car for track purposes? Really? Or is this a bunch of conjecturing to justify your cars worth? At the end of the day, she is a prime example of a well modified NSX. Form over function, not the other way around. I'm okay with that; are you?

First off, my apologies. Wasn't trying to insinuate that you are trying to pass lies as fact. I was TRYING to point out that the bodykit will in no way help improve your performance. It is a for show item only.

I did some calculations. Thanks to gregarious amounts of actual carbon fiber used, depending on the year of the NSX, you do indeed have the ability to shed between 61-75kg. Frankly, I was shocked to find this true. I can only assume the weight is mostly saved in the bonnet, rear quarter intakes and mirrors. That is a lot of weight saved over an aluminium body. Thing is, I am trusting some random internet numbers and would like to see an overall scale weight - yours vs. another NSX on a scale. I can't find where it has ever been done.

As for aerodynamics, it's hard to say. I've never seen a Veilside anything on a race track. Ever. Which is why I eluded to Veilside owners being focused on looks versus performance. If I had a Veilside, I wouldn't risk it on the track either.

As for air ride, it is the choice of Mac Trucks. I am unaware of a single race team that has dumped their suspension system for bags. Of course, they don't have a baller stance with serious poke. Does yours even have air ride? I was referring to the concept unveiled at the Tokyo Auto Salon. If you have the same setup, that's awesome.

Thing is, I love your car. I loved it when it belonged to Ollie. I loved it when I saw it (different one) at NSXPO this pat year. I wasn't chiding your choice in car. I love your car! But I also realize that it is a show car. It is all image. It looks awesome but it will never be considered a performance oriented vehicle by myself or most others.

And this brings me back to what I originally posted. This is a form over function kit. It was not designed to make the NSX into a track car. You were trying to relate it to the Ultima GTR and when I called you out you got upset with me. You own a model, not a thug. Your car has shed some weight, but did you buy your car for track purposes? Really? Or is this a bunch of conjecturing to justify your cars worth? At the end of the day, she is a prime example of a well modified NSX. Form over function, not the other way around. I'm okay with that; are you?

Apologies accepted :smile: Thank you for a good response.

I would be very interested to get my car and a stock NSX on a scale to verify Olles claim of a 75 kg weight reduction. Will do that if I get the chance! I don't know how much the rims add though.

I don't have air ride but would like to benefit from being able to set the stance with the push of a button. Slammed when parked or at a show, low when cruising and high when on rough ground or getting over speed bumps. This car is not intended to be a track car but I'm not afraid of testing it on occasional track events, so I'm not interested to trade away the good stock setting vs something awful and undrivable. Besides, FRP is easier to repair than aluminium if anything would happen (low energy impacts that is)

Considering the form over function, I do agree with you that this is probably what it is, but I do also think that with some aerodynamic tuning and tweaking, it could potentially be beneficial. The facts remain of a lower weight and a wider track.

Back