• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yes or No? Veilside Fortune Maisty

Okay, now before anyone bashes me (in the event that someone has it on their chest for this question), I was just wondering what different people thought about the Veilside Fortune Maisty kit for the NSX. Me, I'm going with the 02= conversion, Stacey side skirts, and DF rear valence. But I can remember say, three years back, when I KNEW I was going to buy myself an NSX, all I could imagine back then was the Veilside kit. I think because It was so different to me. But then again I hadnt seen many NSX's in person. Let's face it, one rarely see these. I can seriously count on the hands how many I've actually SEEN in person just out in traffic (not carshow or car club related). That being said I didnt realize just how sexy the car was as it is (in person). What do you guys think about that body kit?:confused::confused:

Last edited:
Its a pretty cool kit. The problem is veilside doesnt make them anymore. So you would have to get lucky and maybe find the kit for sale here on prime or ebay something like that. My favorite is the comptech body kit. I like it because it doesnt drastically change the look of the car.

Maybe I'm biased since I'm runnin with the VS but the looks are fantastic! It is definatly a (very much needed) upgrade for the exterior that gives the car a well deserved modern supercar look. Turns heads like no other. Normal guess of car is Ferrari F50, Saleen S7 or Koenigssegg.

May I ask, have you seen it in person? I have not once seen one photo of the car that gives the forms justice since there is no depth in the images. The lines are exotic and extremely aggressive.

I'm curious as to what the kit does, aerodynamically, for the car though...

Everyone who pays Stockholm a visit sometime are welcome to come and see for themselves =)

Its a pretty cool kit. The problem is veilside doesnt make them anymore. So you would have to get lucky and maybe find the kit for sale here on prime or ebay something like that. My favorite is the comptech body kit. I like it because it doesnt drastically change the look of the car.

Yes, definitely. I do actually know of a place in Los Angeles where you could actually get it. The thing is though that even then one would have to be extremely careful with the car. If anything were to ever happen to it it would suck trying to have it repaired with those parts being so scarce. Especially the headlights etc because they definitely don't manufacture those anymore. Just a thought though. I don't even want the headache. I haven't seen the comptech body kit though I dont think. Anyone with pics of should post it here. Thanks

Maybe I'm biased since I'm runnin with the VS but the looks are fantastic! It is definatly a (very much needed) upgrade for the exterior that gives the car a well deserved modern supercar look. Turns heads like no other. Normal guess of car is Ferrari F50, Saleen S7 or Koenigssegg.

May I ask, have you seen it in person? I have not once seen one photo of the car that gives the forms justice since there is no depth in the images. The lines are exotic and extremely aggressive.

I'm curious as to what the kit does, aerodynamically, for the car though...

Everyone who pays Stockholm a visit sometime are welcome to come and see for themselves =)

Thats another thing. I've never seen it in person. EVER. Like I was saying earlier though I figured it to be a headache now with it being so hard to come by in the event that (God Forbid) something ever happened to it.. That would ruin my decade. Send me pics of yours. [email protected]

I think it looks terrible. My opinion. :redface:

Thats another thing. I've never seen it in person. EVER. Like I was saying earlier though I figured it to be a headache now with it being so hard to come by in the event that (God Forbid) something ever happened to it.. That would ruin my decade. Send me pics of yours. [email protected]

Don't be so paranoid about damage, it is made of FRP and that is easily repaired. Had a guy in my winter storage garage hit the front bumper with the forks on his lifting truck. Dropped the bumper off at the shop for repair and respray, came back as new =)

Aluminium, well, that's another story... Heavier, corrodes and difficult to repair.

I think it looks terrible. My opinion. :redface:

I hear that a lot in regards to it. I do like it, but I also like the NSX body as is. Now that I actually own one every time I walk outside and see it any thoughts of anything other than the 02 conversion leaves my mind instantly lol. Then when I dont see it for days the thoughts began to creep up again about other kits (Fortune Maisty)....then I get home and see it again and I'm like "naaaaaahhhhh"... I've seen it bashed a lot though. A lot of NSX fanatics hate it

ObamaHellNo.jpg

The Veilside kit sure is a neck-twister, but to me has a few design flaws that would keep me from doing it.

The angular rear section is obvious, but im also not a fan of the waist and front fender section which just doesnt flow and gives it a kitcar look, obviously a compromise between the cars construction and a shape that is an after thought. Though most probably wont care or notice. :smile:

If i was spending the money to go wide - i would go Sorcery, or maybe KS Madonna.

Here are a couple comptech widebody pictures

Attachments

• 2769444248_a4f68d09db.jpg
    2769444248_a4f68d09db.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 360
  • 18072010008-800.jpg
    18072010008-800.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 356
i think you should man up and get that kit that makes it look nothing like an NSX if you so desire. its your car, do as you like.

i bought an NSX for an NSX, personally.

The Veilside kit sure is a neck-twister, but to me has a few design flaws that would keep me from doing it.

The angular rear section is obvious, but im also not a fan of the waist and front fender section which just doesnt flow and gives it a kitcar look, obviously a compromise between the cars construction and a shape that is an after thought. Though most probably wont care or notice. :smile:

If i was spending the money to go wide - i would go Sorcery, or maybe KS Madonna.

+1! Veilside looks good in some angles, but what you stated above is exactly why I don't like it. I would definitely do KS Madonna or Sorcery.

Comptech- Front looks dated, kinda make it look like an 80's "bodykit."

I would like to ask everyone who has opinions on the VS kit if they have actually seen it IRL? Completely different thing. VS NSXs look very flat on photos.

The ass is BIG, 2 meters in width. Narrow waist just as it should be on a supercar. My wheels are 0 mm offset with 25 mm spacers in the rear and 10 mm in the front and I still got the wheels inside the fenders. Rear tires are 305/25/20 on 10.5 inch wide rim and front tires are 215/30/19 on 7.5 inch wide rim.

Here are some examples:

sk_ne_042.JPG
sk_ne_042.JPG

IMG_28671.JPG

IMG_28771.JPG

IMG_2881.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG
IMG_2809.JPG

With all due respect I have seen them. There is a local that has one and it's not for me it takes away one of the coolest things about the NSX its sexy aluminum body.

I can appreciate the people that invest the time and money to make their cars personal, but it's not something I would never consider. I would buy a different car if I wanted something so drastically different. My Pops has a wide body with all the Fixins he has been trying to get me to sell my car and buy his because he has a new toy he is working on (Ultima GTR). I just can't bring myself to part with my car. I love the lines of the NSX. The extreme body kits look rice to me. There are some that look like they could come from the factory like Vroom, NSXGT those cars were well done and mostly one off. The Veilside just don't do it for me.

008-1.jpg

Last edited:
No offense to any VS owners but the problem with the VS kit, to me, is that its fake, wannabe F50 rear end ruins it for me. The front looks ok.

Back