• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

yet another 996 turbo versus NSX thread

996 interior is not that bad compared to the 993 interior. The 993 interior looks like it belongs in the 60s. As far as exterior, 993tt looks the best.

i must be an anti-classics kind of guy; i love the way the 997TT and of course the 991's.

996 interior is not that bad compared to the 993 interior. The 993 interior looks like it belongs in the 60s. As far as exterior, 993tt looks the best.

^^ you don't like the 993? Dude I can't take u seriously anymore :D

IMO, the 997 is basically a modernized 993 front and 996 back.

I made the mistake of sitting in a 991 Carrera S this weekend. What a gorgeous interior. My interior felt way dated when I got back in the car.

I didn't drive it though.

I made the mistake of sitting in a 991 Carrera S this weekend. What a gorgeous interior. My interior felt way dated when I got back in the car.

I didn't drive it though.

i drove one, it is an incredible car. i let the pdk work its magic and it seemed to read my mind. i was just able to drive flat out immediately because it felt THAT good. problem is the brakes and tires aren't quite up to track duty, as 5/ 6 laps in was all it could handle going flat out. (the Turbo S i drove prior did not have problems with brakes/ tires, but it did overheat after 8 laps) at least i got to see how controllable it was in a slide and it was no sweat at all. porsche did not design this to be the ultimate track car, so it is understandable... it is street biased and wonderfully so. great ride and easy to drive. the noise it makes is even pleasant. the pdk, unlike the dual clutches of ferrari/ gt-r, is completely at home on the street too. great great car.

One of the things that Porsche is good at is continually evolving it's models.

That 991S that you drove is faster on a race track than previous GT3s, but yet it's pretty much the base 911 now and as you say, it's a street car.

Can't wait to see the new Turbo and GT3.

The turbo will probably be a bit faster - maybe 600hp+/- but that largely irrelevant because it's so inexpensive and easy to make even mire than that in a 996turbo, but I bet that the rest of the car is going to knock it out if the park.

Guys the 993 is basic but not 60's basic...I love it! If you are unsure with the 996's looks then definitely go with a 993TT. They are certainly appreciating.

No stupid steering wheel buttons, no busy dash...just simplicity.

InteriorPic.jpg

MMMMMM pretty!

RudiImage1.jpg

Guys the 993 is basic but not 60's basic...I love it! If you are unsure with the 996's looks then definitely go with a 993TT. They are certainly appreciating.

They sure are! Looks the like the 996 Turbos seem to be gaining ground as well. Slowly, but I always knew they were way too cheap to stay there.

PS. Love the RUF wheels on yours, looks super classy. I saw your pics on Rennlist or 6 speed.

^^^^^^ so you went from a ttcab to a coupe...could you compare the experience between them?

One of the things that Porsche is good at is continually evolving it's models.

That 991S that you drove is faster on a race track than previous GT3s, but yet it's pretty much the base 911 now and as you say, it's a street car.

Can't wait to see the new Turbo and GT3.

The turbo will probably be a bit faster - maybe 600hp+/- but that largely irrelevant because it's so inexpensive and easy to make even mire than that in a 996turbo, but I bet that the rest of the car is going to knock it out if the park.

i have to say i enjoyed it more than the 997 Turbo S, even. its surprising to hear its faster than a GT3, but that explains why I was overtaking everyone. lol.

that is going to be amazing, but if i had the money i wouldn't even wait. i want the best daily driver and if i wanted to track it i could get some better pads and tires. truly amazing car.

InteriorPic.jpg

MMMMMM pretty!

RudiImage1.jpg

Porsches donnt really get much better than this... except for a Turbo :biggrin:

^^^^^^ so you went from a ttcab to a coupe...could you compare the experience between them?

Yeah, basically one has a top that goes down. :wink:

The cab's are so well built that you really don't know it's a cab until you pop the roof... and you can do that up to 30mph. The roof on the cab is not your typical soft top, so there's almost no noise, even at high speed, with it up. I miss the cab a tad more, but the coupe looks better. It's really a toss up. If you want to do track days, you want the coupe... as far as handling, I can't tell the difference.. but the cab did weigh a tad more. Structure wise, I'd say the cab is just as solid... although you do give up a tiny bit of rear seat room for the roof... and a bit of storage.

My favorites are the 993's and the 997's. I wanted a turbo so I went with the 997 simply due to possible maint issues, but I did look at a few 993's.

I miss my NSX here and there but I would never trade back for it. The 997 is just so much easier to live with on a daily basis... but then again I wouldn't trade it for a Ferrari either... I need something I can actually drive around daily and not worry sick about.

thanks for the response!

my friend has an NSX and got a 996 Turbo, he still enjoys both cars. he drives the 996 more as it makes a better daily driver.

And so after countless nights of ipadding, looking for a truly special 996 Turbo I have now joined the ranks of ownership. 2 years of non stop searching.

I bought a 2002 Speed Yellow/black supple leather with 9,855 miles! 6 speed, 100% stock, all leather interior, Yellow belts and simply perfect!

I had it PPI'd this afternoon by Mckenna Porsche and they were amazed at how new ths car was. In California and coming to NJ!

My new Turbo

Attachments

• 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 323
Back