• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yet another Climate control Fix

briank,

thanks for your response. Is that possible that it only works on one side? is this something that I can do by myself or need to bring it at a shop?

thank you.

briank,

thanks for your response. Is that possible that it only works on one side? is this something that I can do by myself or need to bring it at a shop?

thank you.

No it's not possible that is can only work on one side. I don't know if you can DIY because I don't know if you have the equipment and supplies to properlly add freon.

Thanks Brian, things might have corrected themselves:confused:
I have hardly used the car over the last few months, it being garaged almost all of the time.
This weekend I have driven it for a total of about 800Km and behold: it seems as if the CCU is almost functioning correctly again.

Today I have used it for several short drives and every time I started the car, the CCU started up immediatly, nothing like the 3-4 min wait it had before.
Only thing is that it seems to blow quite somewhat colder than the temp I have set it to.
Weather is relatively extremely warm here at the moment with about 28-30C in the sun and even on 26C setting, the air blowing in feels quite cold.

I am starting to wonder if the outside temp sensor in the front bumper may be the problem of all malfunctioning. Simply reasoning that if this sensor is not correctly working, the whole CCU may be off in it's functioning :confused:.

As written in my previous message shown above, the CCU has been working as it should since the weekend during which it seemed to have corrected itself after a long drive.

As I wanted the display showing the temp in C instead of the standard US spec F, a long time ago I removed the loop wire on the CCU connector.
During my troubleshooting of the malfunction, I recently temporarily replaced it but as that had no effect on the malfunction, I removed it again.
Today something weird happend.
On startup the display suddenly showed temp in F and the dial was suddenly functional for the full scale instead of half scale with C.
After a drive I shut off the car and when after some time starting it again, it was back to C and half dial scale functional.
Some time later after having shut off and starting, it was again back to F function.
I am at a loss what can be causing the automatic changing between F and C while the wire loop on the connector for F function is not present
????????????

As written in my previous message shown above, the CCU has been working as it should since the weekend during which it seemed to have corrected itself after a long drive.

As I wanted the display showing the temp in C instead of the standard US spec F, a long time ago I removed the loop wire on the CCU connector.
During my troubleshooting of the malfunction, I recently temporarily replaced it but as that had no effect on the malfunction, I removed it again.
Today something weird happend.
On startup the display suddenly showed temp in F and the dial was suddenly functional for the full scale instead of half scale with C.
After a drive I shut off the car and when after some time starting it again, it was back to C and half dial scale functional.
Some time later after having shut off and starting, it was again back to F function.
I am at a loss what can be causing the automatic changing between F and C while the wire loop on the connector for F function is not present
????????????

I would guess you have some kind of problem on the control board that is affecting the display. The display is very senstive to the supply voltages it gets and will do all kinds of weird stuff when the voltage is low or voltage getting to some where where it should not be.

I would guess you have some kind of problem on the control board that is affecting the display. The display is very senstive to the supply voltages it gets and will do all kinds of weird stuff when the voltage is low or voltage getting to some where where it should not be.

I have seen that happen as brian stated also.

best regards David

Hey guys just want to thank everyone on this thread, I fix my control panel with a $2.49 part from radio shack, plus I saved money and on shipping. :wink:

I recently ran into a slight problem and figured to post here instead of starting a new thread.

All my stuff works when it's warm outside, but the last couple mornings when it's been around 35deg F, my fan would only blow on max. Should cleaning the contacts on the blower transistor correct this?

I recently ran into a slight problem and figured to post here instead of starting a new thread.

All my stuff works when it's warm outside, but the last couple mornings when it's been around 35deg F, my fan would only blow on max. Should cleaning the contacts on the blower transistor correct this?

Perhaps, but it is more likely a capacitor leak beginning to eat the circuit board.

Its time for a CCU repair.

Hello,

I ordered all capacitors to solve my Climate control, but my board is ....

Do you know where is connected the 2 pin ont the board?

cap1.JPG

I had only off and on speed, and since 1 week the climate control doesn't work(no powered)

Back