• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yet, another sad day

That was painful to read. Hope you are able to end up in another nsx soon. :frown:

on the other hand, despite the controversy surrounding them, Ospreys are seriously cool rides:
800px-20080406165033%21V-22_Osprey_refueling_edit1.jpg

Just wanted to chime in along with everyone else. I know how quick that spin can happen (fortunately, on track). Nothing damaged and it still got to me. You're good and another NSX gets adopted - all is well.

Grab another one, have a great cross country trip and thanks for serving. Drop a PM if go across AZ on 10, lunch is on me.

Thanks guys for the supportive words. I have decided to try and find another NSX. I have an appointment with the adjuster on Tuesday, so once I settle I'll be looking for another NSX. I have a week and a half before I leave, so if I don't get one by then, I'll just wait and keep looking. My dad has a 88-91 Honda Civic Hatchback that I'll use in the mean time. I still owe on the NSX, so I would have to pay it off, and then try to refinance a portion for a new one.

seeing 0830, I knew right away you were in the military. :tongue:

sorry to hear that you crashed your car. whats your rank?

I'm a Corporal. Got out 4 yrs ago, joined the CA Air Guard, and just reenlisted in the Corps, so I get my old rank. I'm looking at getting Sgt here in a few months.

Rebel,

Health is the most important thing. Cars will come and go. But I am sorry to hear about it. You'll find another car.

Have a great time in the VMM community. Not many guns on an Osprey, but it is a super cool a/c.

Miner

Yeah, I was kinda shocked when I found out I was going from KC-130 to MV-22. Now I'm excited.

Just wanted to chime in along with everyone else. I know how quick that spin can happen (fortunately, on track). Nothing damaged and it still got to me. You're good and another NSX gets adopted - all is well.

Grab another one, have a great cross country trip and thanks for serving. Drop a PM if go across AZ on 10, lunch is on me.

Will do, I hate driving I40, so it's I10 all the way across the good ol' US of A. From Jacksonville, FL I plan on shooting north to Jacksonville, NC.

Sorry to hear bout your accident. Spinning out is the worst feeling when you can't control it anymore. I hope all is well and your able to find another NSX.
Good Luck on your search.
What is MV-22?
Take care and be excited. :smile:

Hey rebel,

Very sorry to hear about your accident! You're obviously young (a good thing) and as many have mentioned here previously, there's no substitute for walking away from this type of situation. You probably already realize that. If not, I'm sure you parents do, and will continue to remind you.

I live in the Raleigh, NC area...and am the self-appointed, unofficial keeper of area NSX owner information and part-time freelance NSX event organizer. I currently maintain a list of 37 NC area owners. There is a nice mix of young, medium and old(er) owners here in the area. We have everyone from business owners to fighter pilots to attorneys and surgeons. We also have a certified NSX mechanic, originally from CA who has serviced the NSX since its birth. You'll want to get to know Steve as soon as you find your replacement NSX. Owners frequently have their cars trailered hundreds of miles for Steve's expertise.

There are frequent car shows, cruises and collector car auctions in the immediate area. I think you'll find a lot of interesting car stuff out here. We are only about 4 hours from the "Dragon". About 2 hours from VIR in VA. A group of us have prepared a proposal to host the 2010 NSXPO in Greensboro, NC near the home of HondaJet.

Keep an eye out on the Southeast forum for announcements about future events here in the triangle area. Also, let us know if we can help in your search for a replacement. Give us an idea about year, color, etc that you are looking for. As soon as you are situated with contact information and an e-mail address, let me know and I'll add you to my NC NSX list.

Good luck and safe travels. We look forward to seeing you soon here in NC. And as James Taylor says, you'll soon have "Carolina on your mind"!

Glad to know that you're ok. Thank you for your service in the military. I spent 4 years scheduling flights for the B52 while in the air force.

I have an extra used 97 front lip if you want it for your next Nsx.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear bout your accident. Spinning out is the worst feeling when you can't control it anymore. I hope all is well and your able to find another NSX.
Good Luck on your search.
What is MV-22?
Take care and be excited. :smile:

800px-20080406165033%21V-22_Osprey_refueling_edit1.jpg
MV-22B_RIAT2006_124_800.jpg

Just got a call from the adjuster, they're giving me $16k and some change for my car. No offense to Diablo360, but his car was used as one of the comparable vehicles and he's asking $18k for his NSX, but his car is stripped down, no interior, no radio, a/c, airbags, etc.. strictly a track car. They found his ad on Autotrader, and it mentions nothing of the stripped interior. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115580

Any help/recommendations? I know this cars still fetch easily over $20k, even with higher mileage on them.

I would email a link to that thread to your adjuster and educate him about that car being used as a comparable sale. You can do some of your own research and send it to your adjuster too. Don't accept an offer unless you are satisfied with the amount.

Just got a call from the adjuster, they're giving me $16k and some change for my car. No offense to Diablo360, but his car was used as one of the comparable vehicles and he's asking $18k for his NSX, but his car is stripped down, no interior, no radio, a/c, airbags, etc.. strictly a track car. They found his ad on Autotrader, and it mentions nothing of the stripped interior. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115580

Any help/recommendations? I know this cars still fetch easily over $20k, even with higher mileage on them.

Isn't the flipside of getting a payout is having them replace the car with another that has similar miles/age??

Great to read you are unhurt.Glad also that the experience has not turned you off to the nsx.Might I suggest a few hpde or even some auto x for you and your next car.

Great to read you are unhurt.Glad also that the experience has not turned you off to the nsx.Might I suggest a few hpde or even some auto x for you and your next car.

Will look into taking some hpde. Next NSX I will not drive in the rain, or try not to.

Send them to the "NSX for Sale" forum. They cannot compare this car! It is built for track. You are right ... it is not a fair market value that a "regular" NSX would commonly sell for.

No way I would accept $16K!!! You cannot even replace the car for that. As mentioned from someone else ... isn't the purpose of insurance to replace the car with the exact same. I did a Edmunds price apprasal on your car however I do not know you millage so I used 75K miles. The low is $15k and the high is 21,500k.

Insurance companies base the write off values from Kelly Blue Book etc. If they are not going to budge all that much ... make them make a deal. You'll accept thier High price but get to take all your after market parts such as your wheels etc. off the car. (if there is anything to get) Just a thought.

I am sorry you are going through this. I did this about a year ago with my wifes car ... not fun and they try to pay as little as the can.

Last edited:
Make them a deal. Take less for the car if they let you buy it back for $2,000. Then part it out and make another $15k on the deal. A lot more work obviously, but you will walk away with more in the end.

Bummer!!!

I'm in the process of moving to a new duty station, I don't have the time to be parting out a car. I'll be living in military quarters, no garage. Buying back the car is not an option for me. I do have a friend that's interested, and was the first one to ask about it. SexyRed is second in line.

I just got another call from Geico, they're still giving me $16k, according to their appraiser. They told me I would have to get an independent appraiser to look at it in order for them to consider making a change.

I have orders to NC that I have to execute Monday Feb 02. I don't have time to hire an independent appraiser at the moment. What do you guys recommend I do? Sure my car had 176k miles, but even then, that should not bring down the value to $16k.

I faxed them the information for that stripped down car that is going for $18k that they were using as a comparable car, and the appraisal didn't change at all. Where the hell am I going to find an NSX for $16k, even with high mileage?

I just got another call from Geico, they're still giving me $16k, according to their appraiser. ...

I faxed them the information for that stripped down car that is going for $18k that they were using as a comparable car, and the appraisal didn't change at all. Where the hell am I going to find an NSX for $16k, even with high mileage?

I am sorry to hear you are having to go through this. I went through this same insurance battle with my wife's Pilot for almost 6 months ... but I fianlly won and we got what we wanted. Took a tone of research, faxes and convincing.

I would really try to find an independant car paraiser by the end of today that can appraise and value your car by tomorrow. I am not sure who you'd call but I am sure there has to be someone that can do it before you leave.

I look forward to meeting you when you get out to NC. Good luck and if there is anything I can help you with, please let me know.

Last edited:
I just got another call from Geico, they're still giving me $16k, according to their appraiser. They told me I would have to get an independent appraiser to look at it in order for them to consider making a change.

I have orders to NC that I have to execute Monday Feb 02. I don't have time to hire an independent appraiser at the moment. What do you guys recommend I do? Sure my car had 176k miles, but even then, that should not bring down the value to $16k.

That is a tough situation. If you can't get an independent in the next day or so then I am not sure you can do anything. Stories like this is why I went with a stated value policy. Best of Luck

Don't take a payout tell them to replace vehicle! Please check your policy before you let them do this to you. I am almost positive that vehicle replacement is part of your coverage.

Can anyone recommend me an appraiser in So. Cal/ Los Angeles area?

Don't take a payout tell them to replace vehicle! Please check your policy before you let them do this to you. I am almost positive that vehicle replacement is part of your coverage.

What he said. Read your policy and don't be pressured. If you cash their check it is tantamount to accepting their terms.

Back