• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You might be an NSX owner if...

nsxtasy said:
Because that word is a trademark owned by Porsche and is properly used only to refer to that brand of car.

The removable-roof version of the NSX is the NSX-T. Where "T" stands for... removable roof. :)

ah. i see.

-You enter the NSX "hiney" first and click your feet together outside the car so as to not get specs of dirt on your mats........And you thought you were the only one!

skyguy said:
-You enter the NSX "hiney" first and click your feet together outside the car so as to not get specs of dirt on your mats........And you thought you were the only one!

I admit to that AND the waiting 30 minutes to get that last drip on the mirrors from washing AND dressing the spare tire that nobody sees but me when I plug in the battery tender. :redface:

Sig said:
... you agonize over the drops of water that wait 30 minutes post-drying to streak down your door from the side-view mirror seams.

... you press the tops of the radio preset buttons as to not create wear marks on the front fascia of them.

I almost fell off my chair laughing at this one.

You need to add the two parallel water streaks below the lights on the back fender as well.

How about agonizing over removing all the white fuzz specs on the engine cover only to realize there are a few more before you close the glass cover ....

Or, waxing inside the front hood, under the hood .......... trust me, it has happened.

Or, "polishing" the door guard/trim everytime your heel leaves a mark ...... black interiors don't need to apply for this one!

...... if you wash your car like it's your girlfirnd. rubbing it gently.... ohhh yeahhhh there!!!!

...... you get out of ben @ 2am just to look @ the car in the garage and adore it and go back to bed... z z z z z....

... you almost have a heartattack when somebody shuts your NSX's boot by pushing down on the rear spoiler. :eek: :D

... you have an inverted "NSX DOHC" tatt burned on your forearm from the center console during summer. :D

... you know the handbrake "easter egg" for turning traction control off. ;)

<B>NSXTASY</B> : Great thread. I noticed a couple of your entries were especially close to your heart: "you think the Forums Nazi is funny." and "you have your timing belt replaced because of the time interval instead of the mileage interval." :D Forums Nazi is a legend... whoever he really is.

... you have NSX toys/diecasts/models on your desks, bookshelves and mantel, in your closets and drawers, under the bed, scattered in corners of your living room and dinning room floors, stowed away in boxes in the garage, and you absolutely must order the newly released #32 Epson NSX Choro-Q toy from your favorite hobby shop in Japan.
... you refuse to move to a new office because it'll take you 50 trips to
carry all your NSX toys/diecasts/models by hand to the new office.
... you use a NSX picture as you cellphone/PDA/computer background/screensaver
... you have NSX posters in your living room, bedroom, office and gargage

The following really hit home with me:
1) comment by fifthearth about applying just enough pressure on the trunk lid to the point where you hear it click. In addition, if you usually, or have ever, grabbed the front botton of your t-shirt and pull it to be used as a temporary barrier or "gloves" as you apply the pressure to click it closed.
2) comment by sig regarding agonizing over the 30 minutes that the side mirrors continue to drip and drip down the side of the car no matter how many times you wipe it. My solution to this problem has been to use a wet/dry vac, or regular vac, to suck the water out before actually doing the final drying. You just use your fingers as a barrier to get the tip close without actually touching paint, and let it sit there for a few seconds as it sucks the water from within. I also do the same with the front blinkers, and under the long, red taillight section above the rear bumper.
3) comment by Apapada regarding parking in the furthest spot, and walking long distances. A couple of years back I went to Daytona to see some motorcycyle racing (going again this weekend), and ended up parking on the other side of International Speedway Blvd (US 92) at the mall, in the most perfect parking spot. It was very visible, on the end, and under a parking lot light.
4) comment by kgb_agent regarding closing the doors by making contact on the NSX logo. My techique, which I share with passengers, is to make contact under the door opening lever/latch, and gently slam it shut. No visible finger prints or hand prints to annoy me.
5) comment by NSXTASY regarding not letting just any mechanic work on your car. Better yet .... if you go out of town to have even minor maintenance/work done.
6) comment by NetViper about knowing who keN SaX is. Yeah, and being proud of it.

You know, we are a sick bunch, and NSXPrime is like therapy. What a great, and essential part, of NSX ownership. You think you are crazy, until you realize you are not alone.

A few personal additions:

- If you envy the bottom of the line Civic that just parked next to you, because he could have a factory stereo with in-dash CD, and you can't.

- Rub finger tips on pants legs or shirt before pressing the stereo or climate control buttons.

- Even after knowing it's faults, think you are driving "rolling perfection."

- Feeling totally grateful to know about NSXPrime.

...you have actually read this far and hope someone will write a dozen more

..if you have a strong urge to open your window when entering a tunnel.

Regards

nsxtasy said:
...you know the difference between Monte Carlo Blue and Long Beach Blue.

Mmmmm, instead of "Long Beach Blue" don't you mean "Monoco Blue"? :confused: Or are you joking? If so, mia culpa. :frown:

kgb_agent said:
...you shut the doors by only making contact with the NSX logo to avoid fingerprints on the paint or glass.

Actually, you don't have to do this. Behind the exterior door handle is a "hidden recess" where you can insert your finger to swing the door closed. Zero visible fingerprints.

AndyVecsey said:
Mmmmm, instead of "Long Beach Blue" don't you mean "Monoco Blue"?
I meant the difference between Monte Carlo Blue ('97-99) and Long Beach Blue ('02-05), which are both a truer blue than the purplish blue Monaco Blue ('00-01).

If you know that Neo is not a part of the matrix, and that he is a valuable member of NSXprime. :wink:

...your car may have no front plate or windshield wipers installed.

TOO TRUE!!!!!!

....and that you have a spare wiper and wrench in the trunk in case it rains on the way home from the track.

....you know how to properly fit 4 race-slicks, a jack, your helmet, a tool box, and a cooler in your car.

prova4re said:
If you know that Neo is not a part of the matrix, and that he is a valuable member of NSXprime. :wink:

Neo never died in the films... he just ended up here: hanging out with all the NSX-nerds in cyberspace. :D that would have been a better ending to the films too ;)

martin said:
..if you have a strong urge to open your window when entering a tunnel.

Regards

How about . . .

. . . you go out of your way to drive through a tunnel so you can open your windows and downshift to pretend you are driving an F1 car . . .

Back