• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zaino or Zymol

Steveny......it's been a long time since I read something here that caught me funny, but your post just slayed me
biggrin.gif
Short, to the point and frickin' hilarious!

I always try to add a little humor to everything in my life to lighten up people around me. A smile can go along way.

Guys, terribly sorry to bring this topic back to the top, but I have a question for the Zymol users...

I have HD-Cleanse and the Glaze, but no *special* applicator pads.

The zymol website says only use the pads - sure this is most likely marketing gimmick, but what is the odds of damaging the paint with the HD-Cleanse if not using their pads?

I guess im just looking for tips with the HD stuff....

TIA
Jeff

------------------
-------
95 T bl/bl @ 35K

I use all-cotton towels - the kind that you can buy bags of at the auto parts store.

Make sure they're all cotton, and don't use fabric softener when you wash them.

The Zymol applicator pads are just cotten terry cloth wrapped around a fairly soft sponge.

There's something that, whether you use Zymol or Zaino we can all agree on.

Soft cotton towels or applicators with no polyester stitching.

I occassionally buy those terry cloth applicator thingies at a flea market. The ones I get are nice and soft and stitched with cotton.

I also use cotton handtowels folded over. Washcloths are too tiny and don't provide enough cushioning and the larger towels are just too big.

The Zymol rep that I saw demonstrating the NSX wax and HD Cleanse, recommended to apply the wax with the bare hand. He used the applicator for the HD Cleanse.

For those interested in Zymol, there's a guy who sells the NSX wax on eBay from time to time. Instead of the $100+ price he gets between $20 and $80. Which seems to be a more reasonable price for a carnauba-based product.
http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&pb=&ebaytag1=ebayreg&ht=1&query=NSX+Zymol&ebaytag1code=0

For me.... It's Zaino all the way! ;-)

BTW: I just got another NSX. A red 1992 with very low miles. I'll take some pictures in the near future!

Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

I was using zymol for a long time. The paint would look fantastic. Then i noticed that everytime i washed the car about a week after i would get these wax buildup spots on the car.so now i use 3m products car looks great and no problems

The Zymol rep that I saw demonstrating the NSX wax and HD Cleanse, recommended to apply the wax with the bare hand. He used the applicator for the HD Cleanse.

That's because Zymol's superpremium waxes, which contain 47 to 53 percent carnauba, are too hard to spread with a towel; they need the warmth of the hands to soften the wax to a spreadable consistency. The waxes in this category include the ones named NSX, Concours, and a few others.

Japon, Zymol's "standard" wax for vehicles made by Japanese manufacturers, contains 37 percent carnauba and can be easily applied with a cotton towel or applicator. Same is true for their Carbon and Creame, Zymol's standard waxes for dark-colored and light-colored (respectively) cars of American or European make; Carbon and Creame are 33 percent carnauba.

Incidentally, the waxes sold by the major commercial brands typically contain 3 to 5 percent carnauba.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I use all-cotton towels - the kind that you can buy bags of at the auto parts store.

Make sure they're all cotton, and don't use fabric softener when you wash them.

I like to use cotton diapers (unsoiled). Don't wash the daipers with anything except water.

------------------
Justin
'98 NSX-T Blk/Blk
· Comptech headers / exhaust / airbox
· Dali Racing / Brembo big brake kit
· Koni adjustable suspension w/Comptech springs and sway bars
· Volk TE-37 17/18” wheels

[This message has been edited by justin hall (edited 29 March 2001).]

Actually, you should try soiled diapers. There's nothing like that fine pasty substance to give you the best shine.

The hot tip is to feed the infant with 32% Gerber's mixed vegetables, 42% creamed potatoes and 26% mashed pears.

You first apply the "paste" with your hand and then your finish it off and buff to a shine with the diaper.

However, unlike Zymol, you won't want to eat it...

Jim

(Sorry, I just couldn't help myself)

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

steveny said:
I use a three step process of comet that i rub in with an s.o.s pad and then rub off with a pine cone.

he he he..

my imagination ran off w/ me...

I pictured someone washing the car w/ an sos pad then randomly picking crap up off the yard using pine cones n stuff to scrub it all off....:D

oh man.. that was a good one.. thanks for the laugh..

-x-

Back