• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

zanardi nsx roll call

You are probably correct as well, but I was thinking of Jenson Button.

Somehow I thread-jacked from Zanardi roll call so...my apologies.

Last edited:
Wow! Most excellent!

How 'bout this one...

Who was given an NSX as a daily driver while employed by Honda? (there may be more than one person, but I am only familiar witn one...) :wink:

Car dealership employees don't count...

This would be a wild guess, but how about Shigeru Uehara? :biggrin:

My other guesses would be:
Alex Zanardi
Ayrton Senna
Bobby Rahal
Colin Edwards
Eddie Jordan
Jensen Button
Kelvin Burt
Rick Mears

Otto

You are probably correct as well, but I was thinking of Jenson Button.

Somehow I thread-jacked off of Zanardi roll call so...my apologies.

Jenson yes, he famously raced a lad with a modded CRX through London a year or so ago, only to give him a massive thumbs up for keeping with his NSX! It has been for sale a few times and is unfortunately not in great shape. He has had a yellow 02 and a LBB 02, the yellow one lives at Honda UK for him and his Dad to drive when they feel like it!

Senna is also a correct guess, he had the very first UK NSX back in 1989, which is a Red/Black Auto, which Honda UK bring to our meetings now! One of our current members also saw him driving the car at McLaren back in '89 too! Attached is a pic of a meet we had back in May this year breaking the European record - Senna's car is in the second row back! Sorry to continue the thread-jack! Oh also Carl Fogerty (Bikes) had one from Honda as a company car it was a red NSX-T which we bumped into at that meeting in the picture! Cheers, Matt.

Attachments

• nsx_meet_1.jpg
    nsx_meet_1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 291
It's good to know that #00 wasn't destroyed. Now someone should go get pictures of it and post them.

Otto

Here's my earlier post regarding #00 at the OC auto show. I think pictures of this car would make you a little sad.......

"I too saw the Zanardi sitting in the corner unattended, all alone. And as you say it was totally unlocked.

It is indeed an authentic Zanardi, and the "00" number on the plaque may indicate it was a press car. It is lo mileage but the paint is in very sad condition. Terribly scratched up. Also the rear bumper has been repainted. And the driver's seat bolster looks like only overweight people ever crawled into it as the leather is all scratched and worn.

Interesting too, it had a Virginia state saftey inspection decal on the windshield but no plates.

Who knows what it was doing there, not in any official booth or anything, just looking beat up and sad...."

Anyone interested in selling, I am looking for a stock Zanardi in excellent condition. I am a current NSX owner and would love to move up to a Zanardi. If you know of one for sale or considering selling yours, please let me know.

JD Stull
916-837-9311
[email protected]

Does anyone know of a Zanardi living in Redwood Shores, California? I think I saw one the other day...
I've met the owners now; their daughter goes to the same gymnastics place as my girls. They're not on 'prime (despite my hard-sell), but they have Zanardi #25, and it's a beauty.

there is a salvaged red one for sale locally for 30000$ if anyone is interested.

pm me and i'll dig up the info on the internet.

Hello all,

You can add me to the list as I'm the owner of a completely stock Zanardi #38, residing in Elk Grove, California. Some of you may have seen my car, along with #9 at Laguna Seca this past October.

Have a great 2008!

Hello all,

You can add me to the list as I'm the owner of a completely stock Zanardi #38, residing in Elk Grove, California. Some of you may have seen my car, along with #9 at Laguna Seca this past October.

Have a great 2008!

Cool. #38 has migrated north. :)

How long have you had #38? Since 2006? #38 is probably one of the lowest mileage Zanardis left. I envy you.:redface:

Thanks.

Otto

Anyone own #37? It is in my Dupont registry 2005, 3k miles never titled Supercharged asking price was $99k?

Hello all,

Have a great 2008!

RNSX,
That's great to hear that you have #38. Looking foward to seeing you and your Zanardi at our Sacramento Area NSXCA meets. :smile:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah, and #9. There is a long waiting list for that one. :biggrin:

Good Saturday morning,

Otto_joe - Yes, I have had #38 since 2006, and it has 9500 miles. I am very fortunate to have it.

NSXFRIEND - #37 is still owned by Davis Acura I believe. Last I checked 1+ years ago , it had a CTSC with some interior upgrades and 4483 miles on it.
The asking was $99,000 and the owner was not willing to budge on the price. I was told if it did not sell, the owner would store it away.

Mickeylex - 2 years ago, I was able to go to the montly Sacramento club meets, but with work, a young child and another on the way, time is limited.

In regards to the other Zanardis NSX's,
#8 is the infamous one previous with SOS and sold to a private buyer.
#33 had CTSC with CT exhaust, BBS wheels at 22000 miles and was offered on prime some time ago. It was located in Arizona.

Have a great weekend.

My father's doctor has one, I posted a full description and details here in August...Someone's just got to find the thread and we need to update that roll call:wink:

I am funny about numbers, and would like to get either #2, #12, or #22. Does anyone know anything about those cars?

I am funny about numbers, and would like to get either #2, #12, or #22. Does anyone know anything about those cars?

#2 was owned or is stilled owned by NSX Z#2.

The last time I checked I couldn't find anything on #12 and #22.

Otto

THE CAR WAS PURCHASED BY A THIEF IN 2003 WITH A BOGUS CHECK AND BEFORE THE SCAM WAS CAUGHT, THE THIEF HAD RESOLD THE CAR TO A FLORIDA DEALER WHO FOUGHT THE INSURANCE COMPANY WHO WANTED IT BACK FOR OVER A YEAR. THE CARFAX SHOWS THE CAR BEING STOLEN IN 2004, BUT THAT IS FROM WHEN THE INSURANCE COMPANY FINALLY GOT THE CAR FROM THE FLORIDA DEALER AND REPORTED IT AS A SALVAGE CAR BECAUSE THEY HAD ALREADY PAID THE INSURANCE CLAIM TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER FOR THE THEFT. SO, IN A NUTSHELL, THE CAR IS PERFECT, NEVER WRECKED, AND HAS A CLEAR MICHIGAN TITLE.

I knew I remember reading about something fishy with #10. Could be a good deal though.

THE CAR WAS PURCHASED BY A THIEF IN 2003 WITH A BOGUS CHECK AND BEFORE THE SCAM WAS CAUGHT, THE THIEF HAD RESOLD THE CAR TO A FLORIDA DEALER WHO FOUGHT THE INSURANCE COMPANY WHO WANTED IT BACK FOR OVER A YEAR. THE CARFAX SHOWS THE CAR BEING STOLEN IN 2004, BUT THAT IS FROM WHEN THE INSURANCE COMPANY FINALLY GOT THE CAR FROM THE FLORIDA DEALER AND REPORTED IT AS A SALVAGE CAR BECAUSE THEY HAD ALREADY PAID THE INSURANCE CLAIM TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER FOR THE THEFT. SO, IN A NUTSHELL, THE CAR IS PERFECT, NEVER WRECKED, AND HAS A CLEAR MICHIGAN TITLE.

I knew I remember reading about something fishy with #10. Could be a good deal though.

Love that story!

Back