• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi Suspension setup

I have a question for you. I have put the Zanardi
Spring and shocks under my car. When I first aligned
the car it all came with in the 93 specs. This was
done at the first of March.

Now 3 months later and one pair of rear tires. I had
it aligned again and now the camber on the right side
is -1.6 and the left side is a -2.3.

Do you have any ideas what the alignment is on a
Zandari NSX is? and do you have any idea what I can do
to help bring this back into 93 specs.

Thanks
Jim

I had set mine with JDM Type S alignment settings, which felt great on the track...but the rear tires lasted about 6000 miles. I am now using 93 alignment with half of the rear toe that was spec'd. The tire is lasting longer and I don't notice any difference on the street.

Terry

The specs that I gave above are best ones that the alignment tech could get. I may try taking it to another alignment person other then the Acura guy.

Mark Johnson also suggested that I have it aligned with some one in the car.

Unless you've bent your car, they should be able to get it back to spec. Whichever spec you want - Zanardi, pre-94 or 94+. They have probably made a mess of the alignment and run out of room. On the NSX all the settings work together.

S.L.

DiveBoy,

Although I agree with Mark to do the alignment with you in the car, assuming that you track the car, and are at the experience level to drive without an instructor, adding weight with a driver will compress the suspension MORE and give you additional negative camber, so if you are at the camber limit, I suspect this will make it worse. But.... you shouldn't be at the limit with a stock suspension (as in a factory setup like the Zanardi)

I think it is time for another shop, preferable a race shop, with a very competent guy using the alignment rack, to dial it in for you.

As S.L. mentioned, all the settings interact, which can be frustrating for a guy that does not do it all the time (I suspect the Acura dealer does not do a heck of a lot of alignments). With that said, the NSX is actually a lot easier then many cars to align.

Go to a Porsche shop and they will give you a discount!! If you have ever done an alignment on the rear of a 911 (circa 1970-1989) you will know why they will welcome you with an NSX!!

HTH,
LarryB

Back