• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DF Type R Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ivory Alcantara is incredible. Very classy and sporty at the same time. Great work guys.

Saw these in person and they are gorgeous. I'm dying for a set myself. Having sat in the Spoon NSX-R GT's OEM NSX-R seats. These DF seats are top notch.

Billy

I also had the opportunity to see the DF seats in red last Friday and the pictures do not do the Downforce seats justice.

Congrats to Peter and Downforce for another high quality product.

Mike

Very nice black one!

One question: Did you do tests to get an idea of the ability to take stress of the fabric on the exposed areas, esp. where the OEM leather shows after +-10 years. How does the fabric look like after one year or so of getting in and out of the car. Orelse how easy is it to change the fabric in these areas and how long do you supply this fabric in years?
But my first question is the more important one.

goldnsx -

we steam and stretch the fabric before making our patterns to try and avoid saggy / wrinkly seats from occuring.

Don't want to ruffle any feathers, but has anyone actually received their seats? I am getting a bit concerned, since I have already prepaid in full, back in September. Not to mention purchasing the SOS side mount rails.

Things have been very quiet lately, and my latest email has gone unanswered. My concern is that Downforce is going to go belly-up and I will be out nearly 4 grand.

Just seen the seats in person yesterday from Peter. They look good and are very light. I believe he said he just relocated or was re-organizing the shop so I am sure he will be getting to your emails soon.

olyar15 -

which email address did you send to? [email protected]? you can email me at [email protected] and i will try to get back to you asap. we just received several seats from our upholsterer, they will be packaged and sent out. just an update, we havent relocated, we just reorganized the shop and set up a paint booth. so if anyone needs any paint work done, please feel free to stop by. you can also check out updates at www.downforceusa.com thanks!

just an update:

some seats that we are getting ready to ship out (black, ivory, mugen scarlet red, nsx red) and a picture of the seat installed in our track nsx with our df rails.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 891
Over a year has passed since this thread first came about. Where do you guys stand on the production of these seats?

Anyone installed them and can give a feedback?

The first set we ever saw was a pair of red leather that were gorgeous! The owner never posted any installed pics:frown:

Attachments

• DF Red lthr seats.jpg
    DF Red lthr seats.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 658
matt_337 -

we are constantly making the seat shells in house. the patterns / upholstery is outsourced locally.

wingz -

i posted a couple photos of the seat installed in the nsx-r conversion thread.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133097

synth19 -

the owner had the seats wrapped through his own source.

and for those wondering about our full complete downforce set up (seat, switch and rails)... here you go.

Attachments

• dfcomplete01.jpg
    dfcomplete01.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 783
  • dfcomplete02.jpg
    dfcomplete02.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 591
Last edited:
I had brought out a demo seat to Gil's BBQ and showed them to local people. We actually finally just received the final piece of puzzle to the seat switch so everything is ready to begin shipment.

UPDATES
RH is going out tomorrow.
JW is going out tomorrow.
WW still waiting for upholstery to finish the other seat.
CL same, one seat done waiting on the other.
HO trying to get status for you on the blue, sorry they keep on missing the deadlines given to us.

NEWS
We also had to test hardware and make sure everything is within OE spec. The torque values recommended on the NSX is 19 ft/lbs.
I finally tested the headroom and it is safe to say that you will gain 1.0" of headroom. Since the cushions we sourced is much higher in quality than the original, we can go thinner on the bottom without affecting comfort/dampening. At most you can only expect 3.0" with no cushions, so if you are tracking, removing the cushions will net you another 2.0". We can offer lower profile cushions later on.

df-aaa462w2.jpg

FINAL PRICING
For those of you that signed up prior to 12/01/2009. I will honor the pricing that was posted earlier. As you noticed on our website that the pricing is higher because I miscalculated my actually costs and it could still go up. So as of now I will begin taking orders for those on my list. Please email us at [email protected]. If you are local to Southern California, you are welcome to visit us to see the seats, sit and feel them out. We will be shipping a demo to SOS as well so you can view them there in AZ. We are currently working on the headroom measurements from the SOS manual rails and will post the results very soon.

Out of curiosity, how wide are the seats from mounting surface to mounting surface and how far apart are the bolts center-center?

Trying to see if there are any other rail mounting options than the ones already proposed here....

--
George

I am waiting on these to be available in black leather with perforated inserts to match my 02-up interior!

I am waiting on these to be available in black leather with perforated inserts to match my 02-up interior!

I"ve been waiting for something similar with Black Leather sides and black perforated alcantara inserts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back